Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SoccerManager.com (#4) The Boards.ie World

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Good win over Inter, James starting to play well, might avoid relegation

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

oh fuk ..

FC Porto slumped to a 4 - 1 defeat against Arsenal in their Division 1 fixture.
    Iturbe was on the scoresheet for his side.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 966 ✭✭✭Mourinho

The kids beat Stuttgart 2-1 haha :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭Maldjd23

Ireland beating the Germans??!!.....I blame the game engine!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭JamboMac

Thanks to soccer managers shi77y engine Ireland beat Germany 1-0, for once I'm glad of that engine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭tonic wine

tonic wine wrote: »
    Balls, was nursing a hangover all day and forgot to change out my team for the cup game. That's my first team all out for the next league match.

Brilliant. With my cup team lining up tonight for the Madrid derby, Atletico beat Real Madrid 4-2. Transfer listed Cerci was impressive and scored a hat trick for side, later being voted man of the match for his performance.

Atletico have now won nine games in a row.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,472 ✭✭✭Comic Book Guy

Dominated the match but couldn't put one past man of match De Sanctis so had to settle for 0 0 draw away to WBA.
    Kane missing a second half penalty really summed up the night :(

Ok, explain this....

My news feed tells me that Man United offered 17m + Kagawa for Martial i then check what i can bid ... my max bid is 16.5m

How on earth is there a Kagawa sized gap, he's showing as being valued at 13m btw, between what 2 different teams can offer on a player valued at 7m?!?!

As Lyon mentioned bids on Martial i assume its ok to discuss bids here

• Registered Users Posts: 14,140 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

Settled back into Genoa ok, still a good few familiar faces with many showing signs of exhaustion.

A 1-0 away win in Moscow was a good start.

£2million in debt though and Pazzini wants to leave.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭Maldjd23

What happens if you only have 2 keepers left in your squad and one of them developes concerns. Surely he can't put in a transfer request as you must have 2 keepers?

• Advertisement

Maldjd23 wrote: »
    What happens if you only have 2 keepers left in your squad and one of them developes concerns. Surely he can't put in a transfer request as you must have 2 keepers?

Pretty sure that theory was tested before and sure enough the GK was listed and transferred

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

The San Marino 'Challenge' :
    San Marino were given a football lesson by SL Benfica as they were hammered 6 - 0 in their Friendly fixture.

San Marino had to play the bones of 40 minutes with 9 men after skipper Mirko Palazzi received a second yellow after 37', followed by Maicol Berretti scything down Yohan Cabaye from behind to receive a straight red after 53'.

Rank | Team | Score | GD | Last goal
    1 | Bayern Munich | 8 - 0 | 8 | 88
    2 | Napoli | 8 - 1 | 7 | 88
    3 | Roma (A) | 6 - 0 | 6 | 70
    4 | SL Benfica | 6 - 0 | 6 | 83
    5 | Athletic Bilbao | 6 - 0 | 6 | 85
    6 | Anzhi | 5 - 1 | 4 | 86
    7 | Spartak Moscow | 5 - 1 | 4 | 89
    8 | PSG | 4 - 0 | 4 | 74
    9 | FC Porto | 4 - 1 | 3 | 32
    10 | Everton | 3 - 1 | 2 | 39
    11 | Anderlecht | 3 - 1 | 2 | 64
    = | Palmeiras | 3 - 1 | 2 | 64
    13 | Juventus (A) | 2 - 0 | 2 | 17
    14 | Palermo (A) | 2 - 0 | 2 | 62
    15 | Chelsea (A) | 2 - 0 | 2 | 87
    16 | Standard Liege (A) | 1 - 2 (LOSERS!) | -1 | 5

(A) - Match was played in the challenger's stadium. (i.e. San Marino were away)

In order of precedence, teams shall be separated by:
    1. Goal Difference.
    2. Goals Scored.
    3. Earliest time for the last goal scored.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Sunderland have announced that the recent contract offered to the current Spartak Moskow manager, Mr. Mack Eire, has been declined as the manager wants to continue his efforts to try and keep the Russian side in the top division. Sunderland chairman, Ellis Short, is now reported to be desperately on the lookout for a new manager to replace E. Bear. and may even appoint the first manager to apply for the vacancy.

In other news, talks between Sporting and Roma have progressed to an advanced stage in relation to a possible managerial transfer, which will see current Roma manager R. Garcia return his roots in Lisbon. Reports are suggesting that the Italian club are reluctant to allow him leave, and could well look for a sizeable consolation package from the Portuguese side.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭Colemania

3-2 win against Espanyol to restore parity after forgetting to change my team for the last match

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭irishgoldberg

Evertons good form continues with a home win over chelsea.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,488 ✭✭✭Ordinary man

Another scraped win by panathanaikos, Malaga up next win surely halt our good run. It's a david vs goliath battle we can only hope not to be humiliated in.

Had taken advise from a few managers most recommended go defensive with counter attack ... Instead i went with my formation and tactickls from the start of the season and put mu faith in the game engine, best managers is bound to win .....

FC Porto beat Atlético Madrid 2 - 0 in their Division 1 fixture.
    Mignolet had an impressive game and was voted Man of the Match.
    Costa was on the scoresheet for his side.

:D

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,220 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

SL Benfica beat AS Roma 2 - 1 in their Division 1 fixture.

Cabaye scored a goal and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

Džeko was also on the scoresheet for his side.

They may not have a manager, but I will take anything and everything.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

Another scraped win by panathanaikos, Malaga up next win surely halt our good run. It's a david vs goliath battle we can only hope not to be humiliated in.

Ha ha the nicest of nice tries mate!!

My lads just don't do away days, 2 goals scored and a single win in our 6 trips so far so you are nailed on to go level with me next Thursday night.

Luckily our good home form continues as a brace from Harry Kane secures a 2 1 win over Cruzeiro.

I'm off to read Jeckyll and Hyde to find a cure to our split personality!
    That book ended well right?!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

Best of luck lads.....
    Sorry for the delay.

I'm out. Been mostly enjoyable, and i must admit I hovered over the confirm button for quite a while....
    Sorry i didnt win a league title after leaving little AZ, I suppose the 4 european cups in a row may suffice. :pac:

Best of luck to the new guy, I might pop in here once in a while...

• Advertisement

Good luck Al, hope go see you back in the future

Hope to see you back, but for now .... this could generate manger moves, closely followed by transfers!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Al Capwned wrote: »
    Best of luck lads.....
    Sorry for the delay.

I'm out. Been mostly enjoyable, and i must admit I hovered over the confirm button for quite a while....
    Sorry i didnt win a league title after leaving little AZ, I suppose the 4 european cups in a row may suffice. :pac:

Best of luck to the new guy, I might pop in here once in a while...

Sad too see you go. If you get a change of heart we'd allways welcome you back. Any ways I've too run and catch a flight too Barcelona I've a meeting there about a new job at lunch time

• Registered Users Posts: 12,050 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Think this game world is slowly dying unfortunately. If it goes I'll pack it in but until then I'll be staying with the villa.

looks like they are fiddling with the site again :mad:

Wouldnt mind if they announced up coming outages, but the adhic down times are getting annoying!

My second string beat a weakened Chelsea 2 1 to advance to the next stage of the cup. Okaka and van Wolfswinkel obliging with the goals.
    Potential reunion with Isco in the next round.

In light of the managerial musical chairs that looks set to happen in the near future the Malaga chairman has offered me a bumper contract for life!
    It remains unsigned.......

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,220 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

The cup run Marches on
    SL Benfica beat Wolfsburg 4 - 2 in a penalty shootout after a 2 - 2 draw in their The Boards.ie League Cup Round 3 fixture.

Musa scored both of the goals for SL Benfica and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭thisyear

Stupid stupid stupid, forgot to change team and still lost.... Agghhhh

Taylor Swift takes control of AS Roma.

This season your Chairman expects you to finish in the top half of the table.

AS Roma were founded in 1927 and play their home games at Stadio Olimpico in Rome. The club is also known as Giallorossi .

I felt a change was necessary and, with my ranking, opportunities to manage a solid Division 1 outfit may not come around too often so I thought I might give it a go. How hard can it be? Especially for a cup champion. :D Besides, I can always move back to Estudiantes as it's not like they're going to be taken over again or anything! :pac:

As was pointed out as well, this also results in a rather abrupt end to the San Marino Challenge. It was great craic while it lasted though. I just find it hilarious that all the San Marinese are now stuck in Argentina due to the unmanaged clubs not being allowed to sell!! :pac: :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Wilberto wrote: »
    I felt a change was necessary and, with my ranking, opportunities to manage a solid Division 1 outfit may not come around too often so I thought I might give it a go. How hard can it be? Especially for a cup champion. :D Besides, I can always move back to Estudiantes as it's not like they're going to be taken over again or anything! :pac:

As was pointed out as well, this also results in a rather abrupt end to the San Marino Challenge. It was great craic while it lasted though. I just find it hilarious that all the San Marinese are now stuck in Argentina due to the unmanaged clubs not being allowed to sell!! :pac: :pac:
    Could you not take over the San Marino national team too keep things going?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement