Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SoccerManager.com (#4) The Boards.ie World

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Could you not take over the San Marino national team too keep things going?

You can't because they're not an option in the list. If they were I would have been managing them ages ago!! :D :pac:

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,220 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

We could change it to the Gibraltar challenge :p

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

We could change it to the Gibraltar challenge :p

I don't think there are enough players! I think I checked already a while back.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

Wilberto wrote: »
    I felt a change was necessary and, with my ranking, opportunities to manage a solid Division 1 outfit may not come around too often so I thought I might give it a go. How hard can it be? Especially for a cup champion. :D Besides, I can always move back to Estudiantes as it's not like they're going to be taken over again or anything! :pac:

As was pointed out as well, this also results in a rather abrupt end to the San Marino Challenge. It was great craic while it lasted though. I just find it hilarious that all the San Marinese are now stuck in Argentina due to the unmanaged clubs not being allowed to sell!! :pac: :pac:

I would like to thank the new AS Roma who has agreed to honour my initial deal for Nainggolan with the privious manager which will see Smalling move to Porto in due time (and Toprak return to Roma)... there may or may not be a young'un joining Roma as a mark of appreciation also

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

As you've stated GT, I'm also not very likely to leave Lazio anytime soon, but I do agree that the current system is flawed....

I think you hit the nail on the head with the current points average being a far greater indicatior as opposed to overall manager ranking.....

If anything, it shakes things up a bit, I'd be all for that change, good thinking man

Can we bid on Rangers players? I.e. is the manager totally new to the game?

Atletico have made a bid so I've thrown on one, just want to make sure we are all good first

• Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭RickyOFlaherty

Looks like Mac broke the sm game engine with his club swapping shenanigans. 25 minutes past the hour results where art thou?

• Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭RickyOFlaherty

Looks like Mac broke the sm game engine with his club swapping shenanigans. 25 minutes past the hour results where art thou?

8:26 Chelsea beat managerless and mac less BVB 2-1

whats the point in beating Atletica one week when ...

FC Porto slumped to a 3 - 0 defeat against US Palermo in their Division 1 fixture.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Draw with Madrid, not bad considering how sh!t I'm doing

• Registered Users Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭Colemania

4-1 win against Anzhi to put Udinese back on top!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,488 ✭✭✭Ordinary man

Panathinaikos beat Málaga CF 1 - 0 in their Division 3 fixture.
    Gabulov had an impressive game and was voted Man of the Match.

The definition of a poxy win. Victory courtesy of an own goal and a mom performance from our goalie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 966 ✭✭✭Mourinho

Holy **** FC Schalke are up to 2nd :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,472 ✭✭✭Comic Book Guy

Panathinaikos beat Málaga CF 1 - 0 in their Division 3 fixture.
    Gabulov had an impressive game and was voted Man of the Match.

The definition of a poxy win. Victory courtesy of an own goal and a mom performance from our goalie

Ah wouldn't call it poxy lad, stats were even enough but I can't complain when you dominated possession.
    Awful away form from my lads yet again. That's 3 games away to teams likely to be challenging for promotion and the aggregate score is 7 0 :(

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭irishgoldberg

Everton win away to man United to go 4th :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭richieffff

Colemania wrote: »
    4-1 win against Anzhi to put Udinese back on top!

Dammit

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Site is still down for me!

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Site is still down for me!

Same here. Oh well!

First game at the helm and it's a trip to Paris to take on a full strength PSG side with my (slightly) weakened team due to the AI playing the first team in the cup. I'll take a point.
    The match ended 1 - 1 between AS Roma and Paris Saint-Germain in their Division 1 fixture.
    Salah was on the scoresheet for his side.

• Advertisement

Crap form continues.....

5 league defeats on the bounce, SM really owes me a long long winning streak!

Olympiacos had 2 shots on target and a man sent off, won 2-1!

Griezmann and Jackson have been nothing less than atrocious in front of goal and deserve some bench time (which they will get)

From what I remember its cold down in D3, I best start looking for my winter coat!!!!

Crap form continues.....

5 league defeats on the bounce, SM really owes me a long long winning streak!

Olympiacos had 2 shots on target and a man sent off, won 2-1!

Griezmann and Jackson have been nothing less than atrocious in front of goal and deserve some bench time (which they will get)

From what I remember its cold down in D3, I best start looking for my winter coat!!!!

Jeeeeeeez, you must be crap if ya cant get griezmann scoring ;) :P

I'll buy him back for cash, its the best thing to do for the player :D

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    Jeeeeeeez, you must be crap if ya cant get griezmann scoring ;) :P

I'll buy him back for cash, its the best thing to do for the player :D

You broke him! not me!!!

You sold me goods under false pretense! Dodgier than Mike Brewer!!!!!!!! :D

You broke him! not me!!!

You sold me goods under false pretense! Dodgier than Mike Brewer!!!!!!!! :D

Its true, we did unspeakable thinks to him in training, but he left here a better player :eek:

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    Its true, we did unspeakable thinks to him in training, but he left here a better player :eek:

Didn't take me long at all to beat all that good work out of him ;)

Didn't take me long at all to beat all that good work out of him ;)

You are probably using the wrong paddle :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

0-0 V Inter away. I'll take that for a start

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭T0001

US Palermo outclassed FC Porto and beat them 3 - 0 in their Division 1 fixture.
    Pérez scored a goal and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.
    Hulk and Trashorras were also amongst the goalscorers.

Nice to get a win !

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭doc holliday

Boca Juniors 1-0 Flamengo.....Asamoah Gyan with the goal. Always seem to do well against other managers, just the computer controlled teams are a pain in the arse to beat!!

Its only my first season but am definitely enjoying it, be nice to get promotion first time round. Im guessing 3rd - 6th are the playoff spots?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,472 ✭✭✭Comic Book Guy

Boca Juniors 1-0 Flamengo.....Asamoah Gyan with the goal. Always seem to do well against other managers, just the computer controlled teams are a pain in the arse to beat!!

Its only my first season but am definitely enjoying it, be nice to get promotion first time round. Im guessing 3rd - 6th are the playoff spots?

Yeah top 2 go up automatic. 3rd to 6th are in a playoff. The semi finals are only 1 leg though with teams that finished 3rd and 4th having home advantage.

Best of luck!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement