Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SoccerManager.com (#4) The Boards.ie World

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Rangers fleeced

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭baza Rakus

Stubbing out his Gauloises Red, new Dortmund Head Coach B Foster turned his slightly drunk gaze on the awaiting German press Korps and sighed. "For the third and final time, I do not want to comment on the stewardship of the former Manager. He was a great manger but I want to look forward to the future."
    "I will say that I am ambitious and want to bring some players in. Yes, I like some players I have worked with before, but every player in Dortmund will get his chance to prove their worth. And everyone is potentially for sale."

With that he left the presser and slouched out of the room. He had been waiting in the Aer Finglas Gold Circle Lounge in Dublin Airport for several days before his appointment was finally confirmed.

"Bis demnächst"

• Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭RickyOFlaherty

baza Rakus wrote: »
    Stubbing out his Gauloises Red, new Dortmund Head Coach B Foster turned his slightly drunk gaze on the awaiting German press Korps and sighed. "For the third and final time, I do not want to comment on the stewardship of the former Manager. He was a great manger but I want to look forward to the future."
    "I will say that I am ambitious and want to bring some players in. Yes, I like some players I have worked with before, but every player in Dortmund will get his chance to prove their worth. And everyone is potentially for sale."

With that he left the presser and slouched out of the room. He had been waiting in the Aer Finglas Gold Circle Lounge in Dublin Airport for several days before his appointment was finally confirmed.

"Bis demnächst"

Kein Gegenpressing voll Trottel?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

So, I formally invited Estudiantes to the Stadio Olimpico to play us in a friendly:
    AS Roma beat Estudiantes de LP 4 - 1 in their Friendly fixture.
    De Sciglio scored a goal and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.
    Gervinho and Cédric were also amongst the goalscorers.

It seems as if the new manager isn't too fond of Super Mario considering that he was benched for the game!

Kein Gegenpressing voll Trottel?

OK Ja schon ein bisschen verdutzt der Herr Flah is wieder da bei unsere erste Presser aber ... wir bringen was neues. Das Gegengegenpressing. :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭irishgoldberg

2 more managers gone today. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭Colemania

1 nil win against Shakhtar to keep Udinese top by 4 now!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭tonic wine

2 more managers gone today. :(

Not surprised when you can't sign players.
    No chance of a small club landing a big name.
    If I joined a small club in Div 2 now I'd leave. I would find it boring with no chance to make a marque signings. It's always been the fun of a fantasy football manager game. There is no fantasy with average players.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 966 ✭✭✭Mourinho

tonic wine wrote: »
    Not surprised when you can't sign players.
    No chance of a small club landing a big name.
    If I joined a small club in Div 2 now I'd leave. I would find it boring with no chance to make a marque signings. It's always been the fun of a fantasy football manager game. There is no fantasy with average players.

Don't be talking sense ya heure :cool:

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,220 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

2nd loss in a row, this time to Arsenal, brings leaves Benfica just outside the relegation zone.

I thought things were going too well.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

figures ...

FC Porto outclassed Bayern München and beat them 2 - 1 in their Division 1 fixture.
    Morata and Guilavogui were amongst the goalscorers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭richieffff

Another loss, finally back to mid table for Anzhi, was getting dizzy near the top anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

Won 3-2, Neymar with a hat trick....

Seems like he will have to do that every week too, last 2 games.....

Opposition had 4 shots on target and 4 goals....

Awesome

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Barcelona beat Spartak Moskva 4 - 1 in their Division 1 fixture.
    Herrera scored a brace and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.
    Belotti and Kakuta were also amongst the goalscorers.

👌

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭T0001

US Palermo beat Tottenham Hotspur 1 - 0 in their Division 1 fixture.
    Hulk scored the winner for US Palermo and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

Palermo up to 11th now - no idea how that is even possible

2 wins in a row!! Can't wait to get hammered 5-0 next day out!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,472 ✭✭✭Comic Book Guy

Left it late but perseverance and all that!
    1 0 win over Twente gets us back to within 2 points of top spot.
    Next 2 games are away though so fully expect to lose 6 points to the teams around me by this time next week!

Borussia Dortmund beat Manchester United 1 - 0 in their Division 1 fixture.

Weidenfeller had an impressive game and was voted Man of the Match.

Falcao was on the scoresheet for his side.

Had a 25 manager rating before the match. Beat these and my rating drops to 28. Stoopid system.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,050 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Good draw away to Sevilla but need a few wins. Mixing my team up to try win the shield is costing me in the league

• Closed Accounts Posts: 966 ✭✭✭Mourinho

3-2 win puts FC Schalke 1 point behind 1st placed Fiorentina in D3.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭mackeire

Barcelona beat Spartak Moskva 4 - 1 in their Division 1 fixture.
    You shouldn't be bragging about this one mate, taking on Moscow this season is like taking the San Marino Challenge!
    Porto were the first team to drop points!!

• Advertisement

mackeire wrote: »
    You shouldn't be bragging about this one mate, taking on Moscow this season is like taking the San Marino Challenge!
    Porto were the first team to drop points!!

That same porto team has since beaten Atletico and Bayern away from home ;) ...

I see you got you predicted points, all be it not all from me :p

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

AS Roma outclassed Juventus and beat them 5 - 2 in a thrilling Division 1 encounter.
    Salah scored a brace and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.
    Smalling and Higuaín were also amongst the goalscorers.

Just trying to lift ourselves up the table. Only four points between 10th and 18th, and we're three points clear of 18th. Still early days yet of course but still, it's best to put as much distance between ourselves and the relegation spots as we can as soon as possible. That's my first aim since taking over this club.

Lisenting to offers for Falcao.

Need a goalie.

In fact if you are bidding for any of my shower you'll have a better chance if you include a goalie (must be 90+ rated)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭JamboMac

The only game I won and the only one that counted.

Paris Saint-Germain beat Juventus 1 - 0 in their Division 1 fixture.
    Mandžukić scored the winner for Paris Saint-Germain and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

baza Rakus wrote: »
    Lisenting to offers for Falcao.

Need a goalie.

In fact if you are bidding for any of my shower you'll have a better chance if you include a goalie (must be 90+ rated)

I've offered a GK ... oh wait 90+ you say?! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭T0001

US Palermo beat Ajax 1 - 0 in their Division 1 fixture.
    Pato scored the winner for US Palermo and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

Thats 3 on the bounce :O getting ourselves ready for a right trimming anytime soon #10-0

It was a home game afterall ...

FC Porto slumped to a 2 - 1 defeat against SSC Napoli in their Division 1 fixture.
    Costa was on the scoresheet for his side.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭Colemania

2-1 win against Sunderland. That'll do nicely! Feeling uneasy seeing Man City sneaking into second. Ger is going to be back to Division 1 in no time!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,472 ✭✭✭Comic Book Guy

Another away trip, another defeat for Malaga :mad:

Our next game is away to 2nd place Celtic......... Great :(

• Advertisement

AS Roma beat Arsenal 4 - 0 in their Division 1 fixture.
    Gervinho scored a brace and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.
    Higuaín and Lamela were also amongst the goalscorers.

Thanks Arsenal for the nice present that was forgetting to change your team after your cup tie against Barcelona. It was much appreciated. :):D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement