Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SoccerManager.com (#4) The Boards.ie World

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭mackeire

All I'm saying is that there is absolutely no reason to have loads of players in your squad that will never get a game. Youths aside tho!
    With smaller squads, you actually have to manage your team. You won't have 70 player to choose from so it makes it more interesting.
    And it opens up the transfer market again and makes the game fun again.
    The game world is dying and seriously needs a shake up!
    Sure it will be hard to enforce a squad cap rule but it will make the game fun again!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭JamboMac

Game engine supposedly fixed, feeling worried.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭tonic wine

I'm throwing away points again. My forgot to change my team for the cup game, reserves out tonight.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,454 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

mackeire wrote: »
    All I'm saying is that there is absolutely no reason to have loads of players in your squad that will never get a game. Youths aside tho!
    With smaller squads, you actually have to manage your team. You won't have 70 player to choose from so it makes it more interesting.
    And it opens up the transfer market again and makes the game fun again.
    The game world is dying and seriously needs a shake up!
    Sure it will be hard to enforce a squad cap rule but it will make the game fun again!!

I get where you're coming from, but "fun" is subjective.

90% of the fun I have from this game right now is scouting and signing obscure players. The game engine is so hit-and-miss, I try not to let results dictate my enjoyment. I tend to cycle my team regularly, but even that has limits.

But going on obscure websites, reading who is scouting who, who is rumoured to be after some weird player from the Czech leagues....thats where I find the fun in the game right now. And if squad caps came in now, after all that time researching, and buying players and following them in the real world....that would kill 90% of the fun for me :/

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭thisyear

Well lads, relatively new and playing with the mighty Wolfsburg. only suggestion I'd have is the transfers. It is a killer starting out and trying to build a team. I've lots of cash at mo but don't bother looking too much as nobody puts a lot of value on it. Need to figure out some way of making players accessible. Nearly gave up before Wolfsburg but squad is ok so by playing a bit with it at least not getting bet week in week out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

oh oooh .... After beating the big teams away from home ... now FCP are starting to pic up points at home too :D

FC Porto beat Manchester United 1 - 0 in their Division 1 fixture.
    Toprak had an impressive game and was voted Man of the Match.
    Kouyaté was on the scoresheet for his side.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭JamboMac

Paris Saint-Germain outclassed Spartak Moskva and beat them 4 - 1 in their Division 1 fixture.
    Gameiro scored a goal and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.
    Lavezzi and Kompany were also amongst the goalscorers.

Kompany out for 2 weeks, the best defence just got weak:(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,488 ✭✭✭Ordinary man

Where to start with tonights action?

firstly - Panathinaikos hammered Galatasaray SK 6 - 1 in their Division 3 fixture.
    Shatov scored a goal and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.
    Koo and Joãozinho were also amongst the goalscorers.:eek:

secondly - Panathinaikos have recorded their biggest ever home league win by beating Galatasaray SK 6 - 1.:eek::eek:

thirdly - After their result against Galatasaray SK, Panathinaikos are now unbeaten in 9 games setting a new club record for most games unbeaten in a row.:eek::eek::eek:

We now amazing sit at the top of the div 3 table(albeit temporarily) and my main man joaozinho(88 rated:P) tops both the scoring and assists tables with 13 goals and 14 assists in 20 games. Oh for the season to end now:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,472 ✭✭✭Comic Book Guy

With 2 away games to come next we could have done with a home win to kick the second half of the season off but concession of a late goal means Malaga have to settle for 1 all draw with Valencia.

Just 2 more points for theoretical safety!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 966 ✭✭✭Mourinho

With 2 away games to come next we could have done with a home win to kick the second half of the season off but concession of a late goal means Malaga have to settle for 1 all draw with Valencia.

Just 2 more points for theoretical safety!

You'll be promoted I'd say :)

• Advertisement

Reserves done themselves proud :cool:

Atlético Madrid beat US Palermo 4 - 1 in their Division 1 fixture.
    Ocampos scored a goal and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.
    Brahimi and Beauvue were also amongst the goalscorers

Get in :)

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭doc holliday

Finally manage to get 2 wins in a row....Boca Juniors 2-0 Besiktas, up to 4th now, maybe we can start dreaming of an automatic promotion spot now.

Mourinho wrote: »
    You'll be promoted I'd say :)

The mind games start, your username is very apt!

Speaking of usernames think it's time for Panathinaikos to upgrade his and add an "Extra" to his current one!!

Speaking of usernames think it's time for Panathinaikos to upgrade his and add an "Extra" to his current one!!

Now you're dragging me into your mind games;) we're screwed soon anyway once they fix the match engine and realise how bad the players actually are.

Exeter City beat Southend United 9-3.... It's in a different game world but I don't get to brag about any wins lately let alone a big one :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

The Battle of the Soccer Manager moderators:

AS Roma beat Barcelona 3 - 1 in their Division 1 fixture.
    Hernanes scored a brace and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.
    Gervinho was also on the scoresheet for his side.

Boom.

We're quietly going about our business in Rome and are now in sixth, still only nine points clear of relegation though, but with a considerable amount of of teams between us and those dreaded relegation positions.

We're also 19 points behind the runaway leaders! :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Big win for Bayern

• Registered Users Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭richieffff

4-4 between anzhi and ac Milan, four shots on target each, goal keepers might as well have not showed up for the match

KERSPLAT! wrote: »
    Big win for Bayern

Yes it was, fair play ;):D

I'm trimming down my youths a bit. Open to offers on any transfer listed

• Advertisement

Getting ready for the new squad cap rule. Good man.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

What team are you again?

Actually, could some magician redo the table with who is managing who - way beyond my expertise

None of the lads on my shortlist have TrL beside their names, surely a mistake on your part!

What team are you again?

Actually, could some magician redo the table with who is managing who - way beyond my expertise

He is top of Division 3 and coasting towards promotion.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭Colemania

What team are you again?

He is "The Ordinary One" . Jurgen Klopp ain't got nothing on this guy.

What team are you again?

panathanaikos( think i finally learned to spell it right)

He is top of Division 3 and coasting towards promotion.
    Colemania wrote: »
    He is "The Ordinary One" . Jurgen Klopp ain't got nothing on this guy.

Look at these two buttering me up, now i know the lowball bids on my good players are coming:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 966 ✭✭✭Mourinho

No no my team isn't that great slumps in form we're definitely dragging behind the likes of Malaga and Pan who are having serious seasons :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭swoody

might as well get my sale on early this year since the shops have the decorations up already......

presalenl1.jpg

42060.jpg
    Heinz Lindner

46787.jpg
    Luis Advíncula

46595.jpg
    Aleksandr Erokhin

52823.jpg
    Flávio Ferreira

38197.jpg
    Tommy Oar

44418.jpg
    Ibrahima Conté

others available on request or if you can match my asking price :pac:

terms & conditions apply, u18's must ask for the bill payers permission.

• Advertisement

The match engine has fooked up Chelsea. The won the league and are now relegation candidates. What are the chances of that ever happening......:pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement