Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SoccerManager.com (#4) The Boards.ie World

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,220 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Can't say I like it on initial impressions.

Tactics screen is a bit buggy.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭Colemania

Oh for f**k sake, Cambiasso now worth 650k after the update. Was worth 3.6m yesterday. I'll never be able to sell him now! There's a few teams in this league with very old teams so they'll be in big trouble trying to shift them now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

I can't get going on my phone, the load new database won't do anything whether I click yes or no :/

• Registered Users Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

KERSPLAT! wrote:
    I can't get going on my phone, the load new database won't do anything whether I click yes or no :/

Same, totally unuseable on phone.....

SM were warned about this update and it looks to be off to a terrible start, they will loose customers at a high rate I'd say

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭TheGunns

Is it slow for anyone else? Will take some getting used to this...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    Sooo ... its all changed ...

Hate it for now, doesnt scale well on the phone, must check on the laptop at home later ... :(

Love that they are finally using the actual club badges :D

scaling much better now ...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭richieffff

Can someone link the new app, won't work though the old one or the website

Never mind finally got it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,488 ✭✭✭Ordinary man

Really don't like it. Shortlist seems to be only 30 names(out of about 200 i previously had), it doesn't say if the player is at an external or managed or managerless club, the values have gone all over the place. That's after only 5 minutes looking so far

And another thing i used to love was the fact i could buy a player and resell for profit. They killed that off too

• Registered Users Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭Colemania

Apparently wingers like Shaqiri for me can no longer play left and right mid! He's an AM so apparently he's now out of position.... Same with attacking centre mids like Joaquin can't play centre mid. Gonna leave some players "out of position" in some gameworlds and see what happens.

• Advertisement

Thought I made that point here ages back!

Yeah in a 3-5-2 they are no longer allowing 'wingers' to play 7 and 11.... But I read on the forum they were binning that idea....

It would be stupid imo if they keep it

Edit.... Though I do think the 3-5-2 formation is practually a default and its highly being abused at this rate so might not be a bad thing!!!

So the value of my total squad is now 238m, some others will be a lot less, some a lot more

• Registered Users Posts: 4,285 ✭✭✭-=al=-

Teams with older lads will be shafted. Changing the values in existing gameworlds is a bit harsh on some.

Messi is 90 million :pac:

Totally different kettle of fish but will give it a few weeks to see what happens. It's pretty slow atm and takes a few extra clicks to get to where you need to be.

In a gw with some lads who want to start a new fresh gw with the new rules and values etc...

Any suggestions what team would be ideal to start with given the new rules and regulations? Youthful teams seem to be preferable here!

I've done pretty well in the valuations, bar Lahm.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭JamboMac

yep my paris squad worth 410,000,000 and my river plate squad has increased greatly to 262m i think players are closer to their real price.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

Johnathon Calleri aged 22 and rated 86 is worth nearly three Aritz Aduriz's - did I mention that Aduriz is top scorer across all four divisions and that Calleri has only played a few cup games for me??

Nonsense update - although I bet Tupac is laughing all the way to the bank!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭richieffff

Most valuable player is now Vertout at 12 million. Barzagli under 4 million now. Got slaughtered on the prices

• Registered Users Posts: 637 ✭✭✭gerp99

My squad value has rocketed. 586 mill now. Sterling is worth 40 mill.; Crazy. A load of youths i bought for rises are worth way more too

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭Maldjd23

I have no idea what is going on...This whole fecking update is just an attempt to sabotage my Champions league push.....

• Registered Users Posts: 12,050 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Delph now valued at 80m so I think they've got the upgrade spot on

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,454 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Was worried when people were saying old lads got wrecked...but Schwinsteiger went up to 25m. Terry went down to 6m though :(

Schurrle up to 25m. Isco to 40m.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭baza Rakus

Maldjd23 wrote: »
    I have no idea what is going on...This whole fecking update is just an attempt to sabotage my Champions league push.....

Yup. Word of advice if you use 352 check your team again cos the wingers you picked ain't wingers anymore. Or someting. They're all yellow now anyway.

Nonsense update - although I bet Tupac is laughing all the way to the bank!

Yup! Almost doubled my squad value!!!!!

baza Rakus wrote:
    Yup. Word of advice if you use 352 check your team again cos the wingers you picked ain't wingers anymore. Or someting. They're all yellow now anyway.

I'm pretty sure I read on the forum they scraped that idea man, forum has been down and appears as though wingers can't play there anymore but I wouldn't say thats set in stone...

But for now yeah, check your formations for sure

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭Midlife Crashes

baza Rakus wrote: »

If playing three at the back. lb's and rb's are yellow as well

Sometimes it loads for me in the old style, and my wingers are marked out of position, but when i reload it in the new style, they're back green.

So I don't know either way :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 966 ✭✭✭Mourinho

Chat actually works in the mobile site now!

If playing three at the back. lb's and rb's are yellow as well

Tbf of that formation it should always be 3 CBs

Target man is available as an option on mobile site, but not on the new desktop. Thing is all over the place.

• Advertisement

They've mad ****e of the positions. Grand they should have 3 CBs in 5-3-2 but AM wingers have to be pushed right up top, that's horse****e

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement