Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SoccerManager.com (#4) The Boards.ie World

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

redzerdrog wrote: »
    I like it :o

I also love the fact that wingers can no longer play as wingbacks in 3-5-2, what manager in their right mind would play the likes of Ibe, Markovic or Sterling as a bloody wingback

The mighty Brendan Rodgers would

• Registered Users Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

redzerdrog wrote: »
    I like it :o

I also love the fact that wingers can no longer play as wingbacks in 3-5-2, what manager in their right mind would play the likes of Ibe, Markovic or Sterling as a bloody wingback

But this is the point I was arguing on the forum..... The way its set up on screen there are NOT wingbacks!!

5-3-2 is a proper 'look' as to how wing-backs would play on a pitch, and looking at 3-5-2 then the wing-backs would never start where the 7 and 11 are positioned on screen, so for me wingers should be able to play in that position

• Registered Users Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

But this is the point I was arguing on the forum..... The way its set up on screen there are NOT wingbacks!!

5-3-2 is a proper 'look' as to how wing-backs would play on a pitch, and looking at 3-5-2 then the wing-backs would never start where the 7 and 11 are positioned on screen, so for me wingers should be able to play in that position

Just looking at the 3-5-2 formation on the phone and wide players look very deep to me, their starting position are in their own half in line with start of the centre circle. I don't think a winger/am would be natural in that position. Someone who can play rm/lm yes but not someone like Neymar for example.

I do think the AM should be able to play centrally in a 4-3-3 though so they may need to look at some players positions to sort that out

redzerdrog wrote:
    Just looking at the 3-5-2 formation on the phone and wide players look very deep to me, their starting position are in their own half in line with start of the centre circle. I don't think a winger/am would be natural in that position. Someone who can play rm/lm yes but not someone like Neymar for example.

Oh wow, apologies I didn't see that they moved the players back a bit... In that case its spot on!

Looks like conventional wingers WONT be playing 3-5-2 after all...

That a going to feck up a lot of managers tactics (which I've said earlier have practically become a SM default) which might not be a bad thing!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭Colemania

Oh wow, apologies I didn't see that they moved the players back a bit... In that case its spot on!

Looks like conventional wingers WONT be playing 3-5-2 after all...

That a going to feck up a lot of managers tactics (which I've said earlier have practically become a SM default) which might not be a bad thing!

Ya I've changed my formation now for the first time in a few seasons. Shakira is now playing as a left forward. Was banging in the goals at left mid in the 352. Hopefully this doesn't affect him! Dropped an 89 for an 87 too just to fit in the formation. Tonight will be interesting....

• Advertisement

Colemania wrote:
    Ya I've changed my formation now for the first time in a few seasons. Shakira is now playing as a left forward. Was banging in the goals at left mid in the 352. Hopefully this doesn't affect him! Dropped an 89 for an 87 too just to fit in the formation. Tonight will be interesting....

His hips don't lie Tbf!

Oh one more thing that maybe not everyone is aware of..... Weather or not it came in with the update or not I'm not sure but....

The days on the one club having the ability to snap up ALL the top young talent is gone. There were discussions that every club will now have the same max bid on players added, how the player will be allocated I don't know, but that's what the talk of thy town was over on the forum!

Can only be a good thing imo

I'm starting to think that deals accepted previous to the update are not going to go through, possibly because of the value re-adjustments....

I've a deal gone well past the 24 hours now....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭baza Rakus

If anyone needs a quick fix to the 352 dilemma 3421 works with the same player types.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

o9r6sj.png

This is not going well.

Found this:

We are happy to announce the relaunch of Soccer Manager Worlds to celebrate our 10th anniversary and it contains some exciting updates and we’ll start with the biggest.

New Match Engine

A new Match Engine has been introduced to Soccer Manager Worlds.

So what does this mean?

It means that better results are obtained with modern formations and player ratings have an exponential value in a match, so the best footballers in the game will perform even better for your team.

Additional formations such as 4-2-3-1 narrow and 4-4-2 narrow diamond have been added along with some improvements to the effectiveness of certain existing formations.

Also, player position compatibility for certain formations is now more realistic, making match days more strategic. For example only DM(L/R) and M(L/R) can only play the wingback role perfectly within formations such as 3-5-2 and D(L/R) will not play as well in a 3 man defence.

We have removed some Player / Team Instructions / Styles. For example one option that we have removed is “Men Behind Ball†which is the same as “Mentality Defensiveâ€.

The new Match Engine includes more realistic match statistics such as possession, corners, shots and player match ratings.

We believe that the new match engine will enhance your matchday experience due to it being more in-depth and providing a greater test of your management skills.

New User Interface & App

We have added a slick new design for the desktop that gives the game a modern feel. The new user interface has been developed with the help of feedback from our community. This redesign has been  done in tandem with our new app so that the interface of both is the same and this will help when you switch from one platform to the other.

SMFA

We have made several revisions to the SMFA as we have introduced a new system to help prevent in-game cheating.

Revised Attendances & Stadium Building

Based on our communities feedback, we have made several changes to attendances and stadium building. Smaller clubs and those coming up through the divisions will now receive higher attendances and have their stadium capacity increased (to a far higher level) to reflect their league standing.

The maximum capacity of 24,000 is being lifted because we want attendances to be more dynamic and based on your success. This means your fan base will dictate any increases to your stadium which will be made by your Chairman at the start of a new season. It will not cost your club any money as the Chairman will pay for this.

So how will fan bases work? Well, each club has a set fan base when a Game World is created. This fan base could increase over a period of time dependent on your success. However, the fan base will never increase to more than the highest fan base within your league. Likewise, just as a fan base will increase, it can also decrease if your club is underachieving.

We believe that this will be a welcome change because it is one that you, our community, have been asking for.

Game World Economies

There are several improvements that will affect the economy of your Game World. We've been working on these areas for the past few months. Prior to that we've spent considerable time reading all of the feedback on the forum, twitter, Facebook and via email.

There's a lot of differing views on the subjects of squad sizes and player hogging and we've taken this into account when working on our changes. We also believe that the changes we're making will help to improve the SMFA and reduce cheating.

So what exactly are our changes?

The algorithm for calculating a player’s value has been changed to include the player’s potential rating and any concerns they may have, as well as what was taken into account before: rating, age and position.

Player’s with concerns will see a substantial decrease in their value, the higher the level of concern the greater the decrease in value. This should help smaller clubs pick up better players for cheaper than their maximum value and the club they are leaving will receive a substantially lower fee when they hand in a transfer request.

Player values will be the same for all clubs when looking at the same player. Players are also worth the same when included in part exchange deals. There is no longer one chairman valuing a player differently from another.

Player wages are being drastically increased for better players, this should help stop player hogging and force people to sell top players they are not using.

Player concerns can no longer be bought off. There will remain 5 levels of concern and they will run 3 times a season, meaning a player would finally leave a club after 1.5 seasons, at a substantially reduced value.

Selling a player to an external club in the Game World now only has a 7 day transfer ban.

Finally you can no longer set players to Unavailable to Transfer or set a Minimum Fee because we want to encourage interaction between managers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,140 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

I'm starting to think that deals accepted previous to the update are not going to go through, possibly because of the value re-adjustments....

I am thinking the same.

It is a joke really.

KERSPLAT! wrote:
    This is not going well.

Chat on phone is at least readable!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Chat on phone is at least readable!

I can't get past the flipping new database pop up on the phone!!

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭Midlife Crashes

King Kazu's value dropped :mad:

Value
    Wages
    Date Of Birth
    26 Feb 1967

• Registered Users Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭Colemania

7 day transfer ban after selling to externals. Interesting one!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,285 ✭✭✭-=al=-

I you zoom out on the webpage (ctrl+-) you can almost see the chat text. While it makes the actual text visible, you have to look really close at the screen to see it!

sECeziM.jpg

The mobile site works better than the page on a computer browser now too.

Slowly getting used to the changes. I welcome most but changing the value of players mid season is nuts!

Ibra dropped to 11 mill in the update too!

I've 3 games left in a season in a gameworld where 6 or 7 points separates 1st-5th.. It's going to be an interesting end.

Colemania wrote:
    7 day transfer ban after selling to externals. Interesting one!

This I do like!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

I had to re adjust a bid on a talent or my initial pre upgrade max bid of 51,000 would have been miserably short of his new post upgrade Min value of 120,00

• Closed Accounts Posts: 966 ✭✭✭Mourinho

Lads anyone wanting a temporary fix for chat and that download Kik Messenger and sign up with your SM name and details myself and Man City are on board with rolling with it for the moment until things settle.

Again it's based off usernames not phone numbers so no one will be able to know your personal details as long as you use your SM details.

For instance I put Jose Mourinho as first and last name and then jmourinho as my username.

There is an option to add phone number but leave it blank.

Mourinho wrote: »
    Lads anyone wanting a temporary fix for chat and that download Kik Messenger and sign up with your SM name and details myself and Man City are on board with rolling with it for the moment until things settle.

Again it's based off usernames not phone numbers so no one will be able to know your personal details as long as you use your SM details.

For instance I put Jose Mourinho as first and last name and then jmourinho as my username.

What usernames are ye using??

Also, there seems to be an option to make a group, might be worth it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 637 ✭✭✭gerp99

i have way too many strikers and AMR/AML/AMCs, its a struggle to field a decent balanced 11

gerp99 wrote: »
    i have way too many strikers and AMR/AML/AMCs, its a struggle to field a decent balanced 11

I did try telling you that!!! One injury at the back and your in a spot of bother mate!!

Should have taken me up on Rojo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭Maldjd23

Mourinho wrote: »

If i can't find out personal details what's the point??..:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭baza Rakus

It's gonna be fun!

Does anyone know how to quit a club? The x button is gone.

Help. I wanna get outta that bloody Pavillions gw

baza Rakus wrote: »
    It's gonna be fun!

Does anyone know how to quit a club? The x button is gone.

Help. I wanna get outta that bloody Pavillions gw

Go into your club,

Press the gear cog settings button top left, under shop is quit club.

On the phone that is anyways.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭MDwyer

lads old basel manager here.... what the hell has happened to the game since i left it like a pure different game its too hard to find things :(

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Its saying I have 3 new messages but when I click on the icon, there doesn't seem to be anything there :/

I like the addition of faces to the various areas, so you can see which player is being discussed quickly. But I dislike how they've just complicated so, so much of things :(

EDIT: Another thing; you dont seem to be able to right click teams in the news feed to open up their squads in a new tab....

EDIT 2: Actually, you can't right click teams anywhere to open new tabs. Thats a ****ing disaster for me; my main form of scouting externals involved opening a load of tabs at once and going through each one. Adds a **** tonne of time onto research.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

MDwyer wrote: »
    lads old basel manager here.... what the hell has happened to the game since i left it like a pure different game its too hard to find things :(

Were all in the same boat as you this only happened in the last few hours/days

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Its saying I have 3 new messages but when I click on the icon, there doesn't seem to be anything there :/

I like the addition of faces to the various areas, so you can see which player is being discussed quickly. But I dislike how they've just complicated so, so much of things :(

EDIT: Another thing; you dont seem to be able to right click teams in the news feed to open up their squads in a new tab....

EDIT 2: Actually, you can't right click teams anywhere to open new tabs. Thats a ****ing disaster for me; my main form of scouting externals involved opening a load of tabs at once and going through each one. Adds a **** tonne of time onto research.

Got the messages too,3 as well,there were 3 old messages ages for me,right down at the bottom.

• Advertisement

I hate it, i normally do with new things, but can't see me getting used to this.

Left my teams as they were as it was awkward even picking a team with how things were displayed on my laptop screen.

I won in both my gameworlds, but you have to go looking for your result.

You seem to have to go looking for everything, got to the league table and they seem to have the top 3 and then 4th 5th and 6th separated by black lines, what is going on there?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement