Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SoccerManager.com (#4) The Boards.ie World

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

Mourinho wrote: »
    Lads we currently have Kik Messenger group going with:

FC Schalke
    Lazio
    Man City
    FC Porto
    Malaga

Anyone else wanna join your welcome!

so your talking to urself alot now too :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

FC Schalke
    Lazio
    Man City
    FC Porto
    Malaga

Add me there, username KERSPLAT_Bayern

• Closed Accounts Posts: 966 ✭✭✭Mourinho

KERSPLAT! wrote: »
    I am Spartacus.

Quiet my other personality called Kersplat! I can't have them know I'm also Bayern manager! Sure I sold Bernat to my Man City team and then sold him to my Bayern team!

Jesus I can't even keep all my conflicting personalities under control now ye are all posting Unknown to me.

AHHH MY BRAIN!!!!!!!!!!!

KERSPLAT! wrote: »
    Add me there, username KERSPLAT_Bayern

I said stop your arousing suspicion!!!!

*hits myself over head with pan*

Will add you/me now

• Registered Users Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

Quiet my other personality called Kersplat! I can't have them know I'm also Bayern manager! Sure I sold Bernat to my Man City team and then sold him to my Bayern team!

Jesus I can't even keep all my conflicting personalities under control now ye are all posting Unknown to me.

AHHH MY BRAIN!!!!!!!!!!!

Should change your username to the juggler

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 Brian Kuh

Yeah and has accused me of being the new Rangers manager apparently be used manage Basel which was also "me"

If I was I def wouldn't have given an 89, a 22 year old 87 and a 19 year old 82 for Mastour a 78 or something when he was added?

Sure didn't Porto get Juanmi for Santon that time too, I suppose I'm Porto as well?

Edit: I just noticed he said the "the SMFA said there was nothing too it" so obviously he reported it/me and they said I was in the clear so?
    Just Basel and now that I think about it Werder Bremen (?)

The Darmian and Howedes deals are two of the worst I can remember anyone ever making and you being the benificiary to both is where the suspicion originates from.

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    so your talking to urself alot now too :P

It's tough typing on a half dozen phones at once :p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭Colemania

FC Schalke
    Lazio
    Man City
    FC Porto
    Malaga

Add me there. Colemania89

everyone is cool with my Neves + Lui for Draxler deal right?

everyone is cool with my Neves + Lui for Draxler deal right?

Not me! I wanted him back!!!

Such a beautiful creature how he elegantly dances past the opposition! He could have been a ballroom dancer he once told me in confidence

• Advertisement

10 goals at the u17 WC ... rumours of chelsea, man utd and city wanting to add him to their academy, Anderlecht front runners to sign / develop him ....

RISER for sure!

Víctor OSIMHEN has completed his move to FC Porto ($ᵎԅ ᴮᵒᵇᵇӵ ®ᵒᵇ$ᵒᵑ) from Sunshine Stars for 239,000.

So why didn't you report me/them at the time so? Same as any of the rest of us do.

I can't remember if monitoring was switched off at the time or if they were just not reversed.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭swoody

Colemania wrote: »
    Add me there. Colemania89

sure i might as well join also _swoody_

Added ya there mate

To add a few of my reasons for quitting,

1. Player hoarding - This is killing the GW. Nobody needs >60 players, especially not those with a team full of high rated players already. Last week I bid on an 80 rated cb currently on loan in the Serie B who was linked with a possible move, when I logged in the next day I saw that Man City had outbid me overnight for him. This was for a player that will never get near the City first team that already has a half dozen top class youth cb's as well.

I know there are some managers who find scouting the best part of the game, I was one of them, but surely they can see when there is absolutely no point in them bidding on a player. People aren't going to stick around when they see teams with 100's of players and no intention of selling any of them

That's just one example, there are plenty of other teams I could say the same about not just Man City

2. Constant ripping off of new managers - Whenever a new manager comes along there are a handful of clubs that waste no time in bidding on any good players they may have. Look at Rangers for a recent example, someone took them over and sold a load of players for cash and then barely logged in again before timing out. There's no point in advertising the league around boards looking for new players when that happens to almost every single one.

It might be a better idea to advertise the league on the SM forums as most people on there will at least have an understanding of the game

Finally, I did enjoy my time in the league with various clubs and to be fair to the Schalke manager I've probably gone a bit overboard with the accusations, it is just a game after all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Brian Kuh wrote: »

1. Player hoarding - This is killing the GW. Nobody needs >60 players, especially not those with a team full of high rated players already. Last week I bid on an 80 rated cb currently on loan in the Serie B who was linked with a possible move, when I logged in the next day I saw that Man City had outbid me overnight for him. This was for a player that will never get near the City first team that already has a half dozen top class youth cb's as well.

I know there are some managers who find scouting the best part of the game, I was one of them, but surely they can see when there is absolutely no point in them bidding on a player. People aren't going to stick around when they see teams with 100's of players and no intention of selling any of them

That's just one example, there are plenty of other teams I could say the same about not just Man City

2. Constant ripping off of new managers - Whenever a new manager comes along there are a handful of clubs that waste no time in bidding on any good players they may have. Look at Rangers for a recent example, someone took them over and sold a load of players for cash and then barely logged in again before timing out. There's no point in advertising the league around boards looking for new players when that happens to almost every single one.

It might be a better idea to advertise the league on the SM forums as most people on there will at least have an understanding of the game

Finally, I did enjoy my time in the league with various clubs and to be fair to the Schalke manager I've probably gone a bit overboard with the accusations, it is just a game after all

With the new game engine player hoarding is going too become non existant and now also lots of players will be moving around as they have re done players positions etc. would ya not hang on a little while too see how the changes play out?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

your wife is 'So' or 'Brian'? :eek:

You should be ashamed of yourself for not getting that reference......

Brian Kuh wrote:

I see nowhere in there an apology to poor old Gonzalo Martinez.... Poor fella sitting in the airport lounge with his bags packed till he got the news..

Distraught he is...

So ...

1. How do you share a result into the newsfeed?
    2. How do you load a datapack
    3. Where is the rest of my shortlist ... one page wont cut it
    4. Is there a quicker way to get to the home screen(list of GWs) other than clicking SM - SM WORLDS? .... like a home button?
    5. The Envelope counter for messages would be nice
    6. The little clag which can alert you of chatter on something you have posted
    7. That damn breaking news ticker is killing performance
    8. ....

btw, chat is dislaying ok for me running the site at 90% of zoom

8. On the report screen ... Why does it nolonger show their club when there is a riser/faller?

Bid on a youngster there and the max bid was only 400k more than his actual value!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 637 ✭✭✭gerp99

Brian Kuh wrote:

Brian Kuh wrote:

Brian Kuh wrote:

Brian Kuh wrote:

I need him. Apparently hes the new nesta :p in all serious though. I have a bout 160 players. About 14 over 88. The rest are mainly youths. I dont bid on random players. If i bid on a player hes a talented youth or linked with a good club. Caldara was a italy u-21 getting senior gametime linked with a few good serie a teams. Ive been out bid 9 times out of ten on externals. I curse cruzeiro ajax and schalke :D if u felt i was hoarding or u really wanted him, give me a message in game.ive often withdrawn or scouted players for other teams. Panathinokos anderlecht lazio etc. If you notice all the teams with large squads"hoarding" are the most active. Any way i hope you change ur mind and come back

Your chairman has increased the capacity of the Stadium by 3,712 seats. The new capacity has now increased to 56,111.

This feels like a bribe...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Lads, anywhere in Ireland that sell Uniteds third kit, the black one in kids size long sleeve? Or would you only get it in the UK?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Have they gotten rid of the stored tactics for Gold users? Why? That was incredibly useful.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,050 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Should find out my result from last night in the next few hours when I work out where to find it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,488 ✭✭✭Ordinary man

anyone figure out how to load data packs for new players yet?

anyone figure out how to load data packs for new players yet?

Go to account settings, then the last tab and click load

2. How do you load a datapack --> colemania : "Go to account settings, then the last tab and click load"
    4. Is there a quicker way to get to the home screen(list of GWs) other than clicking SM - SM WORLDS? .... like a home button?
    5. The Envelope counter for messages would be nice --> ITS BACK!
    6. The little flag which can alert you of chatter on something you have posted --> Now under your PM Envelope Button
    8. On the report screen ... Why does it nolonger show their club when there is a riser/faller?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

*List of problems*

You can add my one to that list to make 9.

• Advertisement

2. How do you load a datapack --> colemania : "Go to account settings, then the last tab and click load"
    5. The Envelope counter for messages would be nice --> ITS BACK!
    6. The little flag which can alert you of chatter on something you have posted --> Now under your PM Envelope Button
    9. Where are the stored tactics for Gold users?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement