Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SoccerManager.com (#4) The Boards.ie World

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    1. How do you share a result into the newsfeed?
    2. How do you load a datapack --> colemania : "Go to account settings, then the last tab and click load"
    3. Where is the rest of my shortlist ... one page wont cut it
    4. Is there a quicker way to get to the home screen(list of GWs) other than clicking SM - SM WORLDS? .... like a home button? might be wrong for touch sites but on desktop sites you click your team name at the top and a drop down menu appears, there even a little down arrow
    5. The Envelope counter for messages would be nice --> ITS BACK!
    6. The little flag which can alert you of chatter on something you have posted --> Now under your PM Envelope Button
    7. That damn breaking news ticker is killing performance
    8. On the report screen ... Why does it nolonger show their club when there is a riser/faller?
    9. Where are the stored tactics for Gold users?

Is that right?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

Is that right?

thought their might be a button to bring you to the home page ... so you can see if the envelope is marked for new messages / ball is light up for a game

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Am I right in saying that player reports now don't list whether the player is yours or at another team until you click on the player? Like, before it would say "Player name, Shortlisted at: Other team, rating change". But now thats gone too?

Really will need to unshortlist everyone :/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭Colemania

So much for everyone having the same max bid! My max bid for the newly added youngster Fornals was 779k and i got outbid by 2 clubs by 20k!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

Colemania wrote: »
    So much for everyone having the same max bid! My max bid for the newly added youngster Fornals was 779k and i got outbid by 2 clubs by 20k!

my max was 779 aswell

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

Lord TSC wrote:
    Am I right in saying that player reports now don't list whether the player is yours or at another team until you click on the player? Like, before it would say "Player name, Shortlisted at: Other team, rating change". But now thats gone too?

I noticed that as well, that is quite annoying

Colemania wrote:

Really? Mine was 779 as well

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

I still think it was far better with teams with a lower average rating being able to outbid the others. It just makes the game somewhat fairer as, if there is a hot prospect out there, it can prevent teams who already have a rake of top rated players from hoovering up the players who may eventually become top rated players. This gives the likes of Cruizero (the prime example in our league) something to aim for as he knows he's never going to be able to effectively compete at the top level any time soon.

Lord TSC wrote: »

Really will need to unshortlist everyone :/

Think i have it highlighted in my 'list' above

Really? Mine was 779 as well

City and Sunderland somehow bid 799k anyway!

• Advertisement

Wilberto wrote: »
    I still think it was far better with teams with a lower average rating being able to outbid the others. It just makes the game somewhat fairer as, if there is a hot prospect out there, it can prevent teams who already have a rake of top rated players from hoovering up the players who may eventually become top rated players. This gives the likes of Cruizero (the prime example in our league) something to aim for as he knows he's never going to be able to effectively compete at the top level any time soon.

It was getting a little annoying to get outbid by the same 1-2 teams every single time..

Site down for maintenance ... Second thought? Bug fixes?

I really don't like this at all - I get that the aim is to always innovate and try to improve - therefore things will always change over time - but this is ridiculous, they've made the whole thing a shambles, surely people involved in testing the new format would have brought this to their attention - I'm giving two weeks from today, if I still can't wrap my head around it then I'm gone and i'm going to find another online manager site

Saw something on their twitter feed where they said that people can go back to the old format from next week until 11th of January while they iron out all the little bugs on the new interface. I'd say we'll all be doing that!

I can't be sure if it was 779 or 799....

Edit.... Just checked and I bid 799!!!

So looks like everyone is in the same boat, not sure how they will allocate the player though

I really don't like this at all - I get that the aim is to always innovate and try to improve - therefore things will always change over time - but this is ridiculous, they've made the whole thing a shambles, surely people involved in testing the new format would have brought this to their attention - I'm giving two weeks from today, if I still can't wrap my head around it then I'm gone and i'm going to find another online manager site

I said it a million times over on the forum, LEAVE the desktop version as it is, it's fine! Update the mobile/tab and your on a winner....

There is murder over on the forums over it too, it's time SM admitted its a massive own goal

So looks like everyone is in the same boat, not sure how they will allocate the player though

Maybe I was too tired when I bid and saw 779......

With new update meaning DL's cannot be used in a three man defence I have Senad Lulic 29, 90 for swap for a DC of 90 rating also - any interest?

Joy, its back to the old format for a while...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 966 ✭✭✭Mourinho

Joy, its back to the old format for a while...

How do I get it via mobile?! :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 966 ✭✭✭Mourinho

More than likely we can all bid the same but the player will still go to the club who could have bid most pre update if it goes off the same algorithm they just have pulled the wool over lads eyes in regards to this I'd say.

Mourinho wrote: »
    More than likely we can all bid the same but the player will still go to the club who could have bid most pre update if it goes off the same algorithm they just have pulled the wool over lads eyes in regards to this I'd say.

Don't know about that....

He went tl City and he has both a team of world class first team and a youth system to die for!!!

My guess is that it's first Max bid in

I'm gonna stay with the new interface ...I know there are bugs, jsut dont fancy trying to get used to the new one all over again

Colemania wrote: »
    Saw something on their twitter feed where they said that people can go back to the old format from next week until 11th of January while they iron out all the little bugs on the new interface. I'd say we'll all be doing that!

@ GT....

You may not have to ;)

@ GT....

You may not have to ;)

Oh, had seen that, I just mean I'm not going to go back to the old interface

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    Oh, had seen that, I just mean I'm not going to go back to the old interface

But you may not have to adjust AT ALL! It looks as though SM as admitted they got this wrong and a bid more pressure on them might see the old interface back permanent!

Taken from the SM forum:

"Thank you for everyone who has taken the time to provide feedback. It is really appreciated and it's good to see that you are all as passionate about the game as we are.

It is your feedback that helps drive the game forward and what has made it into the game what it is today as many of your ideas and suggestions have been implemented over the years and will continue to be.

We've been passing on everyone's feedback whether that has been on the forum, social media, via in-game PM and email to the development team.

Due to this we've put the old interface that you all like so much back into the game and you can now move freely between the old and new ones.

This will remain in place until we have a new interface that the majority of you are happy with.

Whilst we make changes to the new user interface, please continue to provide constructive feedback on our forums because without this the game won't be able to develop."

I'm going to put that into a sticky thread for all to see and hopefully you'll continue to provide constructive feedback as we make changes to the new user interface.

I've also cleared up this thread (and will continue to keep it clean) so that anyone can easily see posts that are constructive and i'll apologise in advance if yours has been deleted (or may be deleted going forward).

To the part in bold, I simply responded....

Shouldn't take long! It already exists!!!!

Oh thank God.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

The positional changes are still in effect but the old interface shows them as green, it's when you confirm the team it tells you the player is out of position.

Oh thank God.

If any of you are on the forum I would STRONGLY suggest you put pressure on them to bring back the old interface permanent.....

http://forum.soccermanager.com/topic/152151-soccer-manager-worlds-relaunch/page-11

If you are not, sign up and let them know what you think!

• Advertisement

Dunno lads,

This current version is poor but a few bug fixes, a few minor changes(to mimic some of the behaviour to the old way) and (for me) MAINLY sort the site performance ... I'd be ok with it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement