Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SoccerManager.com (#4) The Boards.ie World

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 966 ✭✭✭Mourinho

How do I load the data pack to the database to see new players and how do I sort people by age and rating? :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

It's in settings and account settings man, and I've asked them repeatedly about the sorting issue

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭irishgoldberg

Lads I think there is something seriously wrong with me and I don't know what to do, please help me........

I think I actually LIKE the new ap!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Lads I think there is something seriously wrong with me and I don't know what to do, please help me........

Right then, how much did they pay you?

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,220 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Aww, he likes the new app.

Break his legs!

BsnkcuICAAEdeMG.jpg

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,488 ✭✭✭Ordinary man

The things that i agree with in new version
    1. The devaluing of older players. It was madness that a 89 rated 35 y/o player who cost millions. Hopefully clubs will look to get rid of them before they devalue
    2. The need to play the players in the right positions e.g not being able to play fullbacks in 3 at the back systems - but they need to update the players rating and positions faster

What i dislike
    1. The valuations of players at different clubs - if a team only has 1 quality player then of course they will value him the same as a superstar
    2. Attendances don't seem to have any connection to how a club is doing in the league. Surely the teams fighting for promotion should have packed houses

Oh don't get me wrong.... The app/mobile version is much better than what was there before

But the problem is the desktop version, if they leave the desktop alone (old version) and keep the new version to just app/mobile then they have it cracked for sure

• Registered Users Posts: 637 ✭✭✭gerp99

Looking to swap Dries Mertens (90) for a similar rated LB who isnt a pensioner. :D

Quote not working....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Two reds :/ happy with a draw considering. Looked even enough bar me being down to 10 for 70 minutes and down to 9 for the last few!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

Wilberto ...

3-0?!

Thats uncalled for!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,140 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

Results took ages tonight!

Beat unmanaged Fenerbache 6-1 to stay in the playoff spot, I know I will tail off towards the business end though!

SL Benfica beat Tottenham Hotspur 1 - 0 in their Division 1 fixture.

Honda scored the winner for SL Benfica and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

First win in 9 weeks!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,472 ✭✭✭Comic Book Guy

Frustrating 1 all draw at home to Anderlecht. Home form is gone to pot in second half of season....
    Panathinaikos the big winner in Div 3 tonight!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭Colemania

3 red cards, 2 for the opposition but still lost 2-1 to promotion rivals Sevilla. In risk of falling down the table even further...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 966 ✭✭✭Mourinho

FC Schalke, Malaga and Fiorentina joint top of D3 :eek:

1-0 home loss to Sunderland......

New match engine, same old problems. Aside from the fact that I have a terrible record against Sunderland (was probably due a win!), Alonso and Toulalon were out, Mbaba 75 rated played CB and got a rating of 4...... I had practically a full team bar an 87.....

Aside from my game though, I have come across 2 teams that have played wingers in Right midfield and left midfield in 2 different formations where they can't play ANYMORE! Both teams won, very easily tonight.

So much for the new game engine

1-0 home loss to Sunderland......

New match engine, same old problems. Aside from the fact that I have a terrible record against Sunderland (was probably due a win!), Alonso and Toulalon were out, Mbaba 75 rated played CB and got a rating of 4...... I had practically a full team bar an 87.....

Aside from my game though, I have come across 2 teams that have played wingers in Right midfield and left midfield in 2 different formations where they can't play ANYMORE! Both teams won, very easily tonight.

So much for the new game engine

Well its not that they can't play... It says they're slightly unsuitable and are unlikely to play well... Players are played out of position all the time in RL, sometimes it works out, sometimes it doesn't.

The 'new' engine seems no different to me, I agree with you on that

KERSPLAT! wrote: »
    Well its not that they can't play... It says they're slightly unsuitable and are unlikely to play well... Players are played out of position all the time in RL, sometimes it works out, sometimes it doesn't.

The 'new' engine seems no different to me, I agree with you on that

Fair enough, 'Can't' is the wrong term, they can play there as such.... But if your teams is set up to attack down the wings with wingers that are unsuitable to the position then it stands to reason they would have poor games and no supply to your forwards.... Not a chance those teams should be winning 3-4 nil.

TBF mate, you'd be raging too if your highly rated strikers could not score against at 75 rated CB on the promise of a 'new engine' I've said it before I'll say it again, I'll give it another season and after that I'm gone if this sort of thing keeps up

Fair enough, 'Can't' is the wrong term, they can play there as such.... But if your teams is set up to attack down the wings with wingers that are unsuitable to the position then it stands to reason they would have poor games and no supply to your forwards.... Not a chance those teams should be winning 3-4 nil.

TBF mate, you'd be raging too if your highly rated strikers could not score against at 75 rated CB on the promise of a 'new engine' I've said it before I'll say it again, I'll give it another season and after that I'm gone if this sort of thing keeps up

I've arguably the best team in the GW, in my opinion, and I'm fighting relegation after winning the flippin thing last season, raging is putting it lightly!! :D and poor City, Barca, etc!! The game is crazy at times.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,488 ✭✭✭Ordinary man

Panathinaikos beat West Bromwich Albion 1 - 0 in their Division 3 fixture.
    Soudani scored the winner for Panathinaikos and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

Grinding another win. Another 9 of these would be just lovely

I've arguably the best team in the GW, in my opinion, and I'm fighting relegation after winning the flippin thing last season, raging is putting it lightly!! :D and poor City, Barca, etc!! The game is crazy at times.

True, but we were promised normalization of results, yes freak results grand I can live with..... Loosing/Drawing 50% - 60% of games against teams of equal measure I can live with, but I'm sorry (and apologies to Sunderland if this is coming across as sour grapes, it's not meant towards you directly mate, this sort of thing is just wholesale at this stage) its just not on.

Simple as that really!

Anyhow, going to put the head down and give it a chance till end of next season, I hold out no hope though :(

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

the game engine is just fine ... how else would my porto team still be in D1 :P

HOLD ON A SEC!!!!!!!!!!

On desktop i clicked into the 'Last fixture' section and my average rating is 90 and my average value is 14.8....

BUT

When I click on 'Tactics' the average rating is 90 and the average value is 24.4!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm thinking when the desktop version of the game was brought back to us yesterday it brought with it the older game engine? :confused::confused::confused:

HOLD ON A SEC!!!!!!!!!!

On desktop i clicked into the 'Last fixture' section and my average rating is 90 and my average value is 14.8....

BUT

When I click on 'Tactics' the average rating is 90 and the average value is 24.4!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm thinking when the desktop version of the game was brought back to us yesterday it brought with it the older game engine? :confused::confused::confused:

Same, 24.4 on last fixture and 45.5 on tactics

Same, 24.4 on last fixture and 45.5 on tactics

Something has gone wrong there so and it could be expensive, I was 4 points off playoffs now 4 points off relegation.....

That could well have been a turning point in the season, just when it was coming together finally and all :(

It could be the old skin is displaying things one way, but actually running them differently. Would explain why it tells you AM(RL) can play as a M(RL) but when you hit confirm it says they're out of position.

The last fixture resolving one script probably has nothing to do with the match script. Definitely something to make them aware of though, I'm sure they'll fob you off and tell you it made no odds whether it did or not :/

The last fixture resolving one script probably has nothing to do with the match script. Definitely something to make them aware of though, I'm sure they'll fob you off and tell you it made no odds whether it did or not :/

I think there has been enough disappointment from SM over the last few months without chasing them down for more :D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭doc holliday

Boca Juniors 2-1 Wolfsburg, Boca come from 1 down to beat the league leaders making it 5 wins on the bounce......up to 3rd now division 3 beckons. Goals from gyan and rudnevs ftw!!😀

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement