Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SoccerManager.com (#4) The Boards.ie World

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

The match ended 1 - 1 between Ireland and Mali in their SMFA World Cup Qualifiers Group 4 fixture.
    Long had an impressive game and was voted Man of the Match.
    Walters was on the scoresheet for his side.

Rep. of Ireland's hopes of making this season's World Cup were left hanging by a thread after a disastrous draw in Mali. Only a victory at the Aviva Stadium against the already group 4 winners France (hint, hint GerP ;)) will see the boys in green qualify for their second successive major tournament ahead of Ukraine, who currently occupy second place but have already fulfilled their scheduled fixture list.

The eagerly anticipated clash will take place on New Year's day, with manager Wilberto hoping that the French players will have rung in the New Year a bit too hard, while his own players will be tucked up in bed nice and early.

Even at that though, Wilberto still remains less than confident about getting the result they need, not because of the sheer gulf in quality between the two sides, but because, bizarrely, the SMFA clearly feel that there is absolutely nothing wrong with appointing a French referee, Philippe Kalt, to a match involving his own nation.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭PaddyWilliams

Hi, username is pwilliams3 and I applied for Internazionale. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

Hi, username is pwilliams3 and I applied for Internazionale. Thanks

Not enough posts for Inter man, but the way we are loosing managers I'd say time to revisit that!

Ah ok so, didn't realise I needed a certain amount of posts.. D'oh.. Been playing soccermanager for years so was delighted when I came across it on here!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Ah ok so, didn't realise I needed a certain amount of posts.. D'oh.. Been playing soccermanager for years so was delighted when I came across it on here!

It's s 50 post min for the top level jobs which your not too far off if you wana just post away till you get too there? I can gladly offer you a team from div 4 if you'd rather not wait?

Ps WELCOME

• Advertisement

It's s 50 post min for the top level jobs which your not too far off if you wana just post away till you get too there? I can gladly offer you a team from div 4 if you'd rather not wait?

For the love of God Mac, give the man a decent team so he might stick about!!!!!

Oh yeah...

LVG out too btw,

That is all

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Kos with a +1 to 92 was a very plesant surprise :D

• Registered Users Posts: 637 ✭✭✭gerp99

Seriously that 50 plus rule is a load of balls at this stage. Just give him the team. If he quits he quits. There is only about 10 people who post regularly here anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

KDB gets his +1 :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

gerp99 wrote: »
    Seriously that 50 plus rule is a load of balls at this stage. Just give him the team. If he quits he quits. There is only about 10 people who post regularly here anyway.

Lads the only reason we had that rule was too avoid someone setting up a second account taking a top team and striping it. paddy has like 500 SM points.. He's accepted already ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 966 ✭✭✭Mourinho

gerp99 wrote: »
    There is only about 10 people who post regularly here anyway.

Very true :(

@ Inter, have you played before?

I.e. when would it be safe to start lodging bids???

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

Shouldnt take more than 20mims to rack up 50posts ;)

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    Shouldnt take more than 20mims to rack up 50posts ;)

Yeah just do what GT did when he first joined....

Spam the forms with pics of his old wrinkly sack :p

have I shown ye pics of it since the sack lift?

Sooo smooth! :P

Mourinho wrote:
    Spam the forms with pics of his old wrinkly sack

We are trying to keep the new guy around! Jesus!!!!

We are trying to keep the new guy around! Jesus!!!!

If that's the case he better stay away from any mini soccer manager beers we have again, don't want him to see you go all Begbie like you did at the last one in Cork ;)

Mourinho wrote: »
    If that's the case he better stay away from any mini soccer manager beers we have again, don't want him to see you go all Begbie like you did at the last one in Cork ;)

I read somewhere recently that the' rea'l begbie (not his SM lookalike Tupac) was over aggressive to cover his homosexuality ...

GT_TDI_150 wrote:
    I read somewhere recently that the' rea'l begbie (not his SM lookalike Tupac) was over aggressive to cover his homosexuality ...

No comment.....

From either!

• Advertisement

Thanks lads. Been playing soccermanager about 6 years or more now so I'll be sticking around for a while!

@ Inter, have you played before?

I.e. when would it be safe to start lodging bids???

Yes, been playing for years. What's the craic with transfers anyway, is it free for all when it comes to transfer list?

Thanks lads. Been playing soccermanager about 6 years or more now so I'll be sticking around for a while!

what ever team u end up with, take a look at the transfer market in general to see what to expect offers wise

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

I see you're also a Gold Member. You should take charge of an international team as well as there's a few of us managing them already and it can be great craic, especially in the World Cup, if there are more managed teams there.

As for myself, I'm in charge of Ireland, so I rarely get to make World Cup finals!! :pac: (Although, I did make the last one!)

Argentina, Italy, and Brazil are all available.

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭irishgoldberg

Sorry lads I haven't been around much recently, been too busy in work, so apologies to anyone who pm'd me and didn't hear back.

iv been getting lots of enquiries about stones, and to be honest if he was to let him go I'd need a first team dc to replace him as part of any deal.

Since most will be on to check results tonight....

Anyone with an interest in Matic let me know quickly as I've some good offers on the table

Since most will be on to check results tonight....

Anyone with an interest in Matic let me know quickly as I've some good offers on the table

€45m?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

€45m?

You're sadly going to find pretty quickly that no one will sell 90+ players for cash :(

€45m?

Sorry man, straight cash in this GW is not worth much, young talents is where it's at

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,050 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Crazy 5-4 win over rangers and vardy gets two goals.

Willing to sell Tevez for cash or if someone wants to swap me a keeper for him.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement