Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SoccerManager.com (#4) The Boards.ie World

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

PerrinV2 wrote: »
    Shure open it up to the minnows of Div 3/4 to buy from unmanaged,the big guns of Div1/2 don't need em :);)

Again....

I was the first (and only one if I remember right) one to bring this up last time and I'd agree of others will

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Not sure how you'd police it but I'd be up for Div 3 and 4 only

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

Maldjd23 wrote: »
    Another season and another near signing....Last season it was Isco now it's Hazard...

Fair play Porto, if anyone was to get him i am glad it was you. Fair play to Chelsea aswell, kept me up to date with negotiations and he has told me i can have Varane as a consolation....

I expect him in the post!!

And for losing Varane, tupac has kindly agreed to give me Neymar.....

And for losing Varane, tupac has kindly agreed to give me Neymar.....

OK I'll play....

And Liverpool has agreed to give me Suarez.....

Check........ Mate

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭Maldjd23

Mourinho wrote: »
    Well I can only speak for myself but I'd love to see the likes of yourself and ctl alt delete at Genoa and doc at Boca Juniors being able to pick up a few lads and toughen up the squads it would make the game far more exciting for ye, believe me I know having been at the boring end :p

Would love this but it can't be regulated, big teams would bid on the newly available players. All it would take is one and others would follow.

I for one would love the concerns to grow much quicker but like Kersplat said, he can easily keep his squad happy and i reckon he is right.

• Advertisement

Maldjd23 wrote: »
    Would love this but it can't be regulated, big teams would bid on the newly available players. All it would take is one and others would follow.

I for one would love the concerns to grow much quicker but like Kersplat said, he can easily keep his squad happy and i reckon he is right.

Dunno about easy. It takes a certain kind of manager to keep players happy while finishing near the bottom of the league... again...

:pac:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Well I can only speak for myself but I'd love to see the likes of yourself and ctl alt delete at Genoa and doc at Boca Juniors being able to pick up a few lads and toughen up the squads it would make the game far more exciting for ye, believe me I know having been at the boring end :p

My squad is fine....its the questionable tactics of the flamengo manager that in doubt,Lol.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 966 ✭✭✭Mourinho

If anyone else here has an iOS device like an iPhone or iPad can you please see if you can into your club screen to set tactics and that using the Safari

• Registered Users Posts: 14,141 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

I don't think anybody ever said there were a load of managers coming, it was more a case of 'if' new managers came it would still be attractive.

I think some people saying I told you so are stretching it a bit.

The Div3/4 thing cannot be policed, and is unfair really.

Also players with concerns could just be shifted to other teams for a player of theirs in the same boat in order to get around it ever becoming a problem.

Still, I think it has come to the stage where you have to cater for those playing as there have been attempts to drum up new blood.

Maybe there could be one more push this coming season with potential managers knowing buying from unmanaged will be turned off.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

And poor porto surely

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

It's unrealistic but a draft system would be great craic, lowest team gets 1st choice of a player from unmanaged team. Top team gets last choice. Then open it up!!!

I really don't mind it being opened up but think the pro's for the smaller teams are being greatly exaggerated

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

redzerdrog wrote: »
    It's unrealistic but a draft system would be great craic, lowest team gets 1st choice of a player from unmanaged team. Top team gets last choice. Then open it up!!!

I really don't mind it being opened up but think the pro's for the smaller teams are being greatly exaggerated

If we could be gentlemanly about it then I would love a draft system.....

Drafts would suit me fine for lads

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭Maldjd23

KERSPLAT! wrote: »
    Dunno about easy. It takes a certain kind of manager to keep players happy while finishing near the bottom of the league... again...

If you were to sell me Alaba i reckon the rest of your squad would be more than happy...Don't try and understand the logic...Just trust me that it makes sense..:D:D

He thanked the post..And a deal is struck....

Lads,

Forget turning on/off buying from unmanaged, should or shouldnt mac give up the Heiniken, did Mourihno accidentally end up at a dunnes till with a school uniform or was it a carefully planned excersise , forgot all of the these trivial issues ... just suggest a Poll and lads, .... this place comes alive :p

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

In return I'm getting Wanyama, Morata, Gaspar Mario, Smalling and Rolando Aarons - which I'm sure will delight the wonderful Baz

I always knew he'd go on to bigger and better days since he left Argentina. Brings a tear to my eye seeing how far he's come. :)

guys,

I'm looking for a DC, youngish, 89/90/91

I'm willing to part with some or all of

Player |Pos|Age|Rating
    Kouyate | D,DMC | 26 | 88
    Krejci | AM/FL | 23 | 86
    Van Der Hoorn | DC | 23 | 85
    J. Lukaku | D,DML | 21 | 85
    M. Neilton | AM(RLC), F(RL) | 21 |80
    Mattheus Olivera | AM(RLC) | 21 |78

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    Lads,

Forget turning on/off buying from unmanaged, should or shouldnt mac give up the Heiniken, did Mourihno accidentally end up at a dunnes till with a school uniform or was it a carefully planned excersise , forgot all of the these trivial issues ... just suggest a Poll and lads, .... this place comes alive :p

Oh I never answered this!

I was like 4 and got separated from the mother.

Ended up balling crying and a cleaner had to get an announcement made at the desk :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭mackeire

Bring in squad caps next season then turn off the buying from unmanaged clubs the following season.
    There will be no shortage of players to buy then!

Nope.

Teams have worked hard to build up their youth. If you didn't bother that's your fault. You can't bring in a squad cap so late in a GW, sure you can't bring one in at all really. No way to enforce it.

And I say the above as someone who's not arsed with youth anymore.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭RickyOFlaherty

drafts, first dibs for 3 and 4th division teams not workable either. Get your team and if you want to put the time into it, build it up.

guys,

I'm looking for a DC, youngish, 89/90/91

I'm willing to part with some or all of

Player |Pos|Age|Rating
    Kouyate | D,DMC | 26 | 88
    Krejci | AM/FL | 23 | 86
    Van Der Hoorn | DC | 23 | 85
    J. Lukaku | D,DML | 21 | 85
    M. Neilton | AM(RLC), F(RL) | 21 |80
    Mattheus Olivera | AM(RLC) | 21 |78

A good opportunity for those looking to bring in risers ;)

KERSPLAT! wrote:
    And I say the above as someone who's not arsed with youth anymore.

Never thought I'd say it but I'm feelin the same.....

Watch now SM will finally introduce a youth league (long asked for) after decimating my own youth squad

• Registered Users Posts: 637 ✭✭✭gerp99

Never thought I'd say it but I'm feelin the same.....

Watch now SM will finally introduce a youth league (long asked for) after decimating my own youth squad

No one shall take my young ones away :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭baza Rakus

Lads,

Are we having a poll? I like them.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,220 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Benfica survive :D

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Sneak into playoffs on final day of season after a hugely underwhelming season.

Benfica survive :D

2 out of 3 wasnt a bad prediction after all...

The youths gave the home crowd something to cling to with a 2-2 draw against Dortmund

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭irishgoldberg

Everton draw away at spurs to finish 7th.

Congrats to all the champions and promoted teams and commiserations to the teams relegated.

And good luck to all those in the playoffs!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement