Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SoccerManager.com (#4) The Boards.ie World

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,050 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Lost 4_2 to anzhi and finish 12th. Meh of a season. Need to lower my squad size to generate funds. 93 players is too many.

Finally managed to offload guzan in exchange for stanislas who has looked decent this season.

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭Midlife Crashes

**** yeah!!! Back in D2

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

AS Roma beat Bayern München 4 - 1 in their Division 1 fixture.
    Gervinho scored a brace and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.
    Gomes and Rojo were also amongst the goalscorers.

Meh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 966 ✭✭✭Mourinho

After last weeks shock 1-0 defeat to Palmeiras, hopes of taking the Division 3 title had all but been given up at FC Schalke 04, with automatic promotion even in doubt among-st certain sections of the Veltins.

Travelling to AZ Alkamaar tensions were high, a win would see them at least take second and automatic promotion, anything less could mean the play-offs.

The game started well with young Bernardo Silva, who has recently cemented his place in the starting eleven, opening the scoring on 8 minutes for the away side.

On 25 minutes new Schalke recruit Carlos Casemiro, having arrived from Borussia Dortmund only two days previous scored his first and Schalkes second.

On 63 minutes AZ player Douglas Maicon brought Casemiro down to the left of the AZ box. Paco Alcacer stepped up and smashed in a beautiful third goal, leaving goalkeeper Ben Foster speechless.

With the game effectively in control for FC Schalke all minds were on the result of Malaga v Newcastle United, with Fiorentina already being out of fans minds as the match score stood.

The first of the news filtered through with Schalke fans cheering massively and celebrating, manager Jose Mourinho was then informed that Newcastle were still 2-0 to the good with only precious few minutes left.

82566.jpg

While the final whistle was blown for Schalke at least guaranteeing promotion, things were silent until the confirmation came in that Malaga had failed.

The Schalke away contingent erupted into delirious revelry, along with the management and players.

Schalke-04-Supporters.jpg

Jose-Mourinho-004.jpg

Mourinho_14819c.jpg

Cheers abounded when manager Jose Mourinho finally managed to taste the glory and hold the trophy he's been chasing all season

Jose-Mourinho-004.jpg

* I still stick buy my comments on the match engine being a pain but tis nice win something anyway when I've been playing this long :) *

Thanks to Panathinaikos, Malaga and Fiorentina for a good season :)

Jose-Mourinho-gestures-as-he-arrives-at-Bangkok-Suvarnabhumi-Airport-2046440.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

Lads when does the prize money come in....

Would ya believe it, short 30k for a deal! 30 bloody k!!!!!

EDIT: Typical!!!!!!!!!!!!! So how much did everyone get?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,472 ✭✭✭Comic Book Guy

Pick the perfect time to suffer our first defeat in 14 games :(

2 0 home defeat to Newcastle drops us from top spot to the 3rd on the last day missing out on promotion by a single point, a missed penalty in a 0 0 draw against WBA is not driving me demented at all.

Well done Schalke and Fiorentina.

Now to cry into my pillow and prepare for a 2 1 defeat to Celtic in play-off semi final.

PS right now I hate every single one of ye that thanked Mourihno's post myself included :(

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

Enought to get the Hazard offer placed :)

Pick the perfect time to suffer our first defeat in 14 games :(

2 0 home defeat to Newcastle drops us from top spot to the 3rd on the last day missing out on promotion by a single point, a missed penalty in a 0 0 draw against WBA is not driving me demented at all.

Well done Schalke and Fiorentina.

Now to cry into my pillow and prepare for a 2 1 defeat to Celtic in play-off semi final.

PS right now I hate every single one of ye that thanked Mourihno's post myself included :(

I lost 2 playoff finals in the GOOD league but also won D4, (eventually) won the D3 playoff and went straight to autoamatic promotion in D2 to find Swindon in D1 .... DONT GIVE UP HOPE MAN ...

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭thisyear

The mighty Wolfsburg are champions of div 4 after a emphatic, well some might say ropey as feck 1-0 win with Diego yet again with the winner. There have been some mumblings in the media about stumbling over the line with a point to spare drawing 3 of the last 6 games.... But who cares 😀😀😀

Now to try and get a team for div 3 so lads ye know the drill!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭Colemania

9.7 million for 3rd place in division 2. Not bad!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭JamboMac

Colemania wrote: »
    9.7 million for 3rd place in division 2. Not bad!

Only got 15 million for finishing 4th in division 1. I wonder did the winners of division 2 get the same as me?

Got 3.7m for finishing on double 8. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 637 ✭✭✭gerp99

10.5 for 2nd in div 2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

4.7m for 15th :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭swoody

gerp99 wrote: »
    10.5 for 2nd in div 2
    get?url=https%3A%2F%2F45.media.tumblr.com%2Ftumblr_lyik9mR0mx1qh93gno1_400.gif&key=cKw4ekaz5jWD8S4w9j_7rg&w=480&h=204
    KERSPLAT! wrote: »
    4.7m for 15th :rolleyes:
    get?url=http%3A%2F%2Fimgur.com%2F9Ljcc.gif&key=GNxwA0khzkntQ5b5oSmOZA&w=480&h=225

9.3M for myself for sneaking into 10th :P

DjQ9q.gif

seen your pm tupac on sm and

no! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

I don't care about the money, I've 70m odd. It's the 15th I was rolling my eyes at :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 966 ✭✭✭Mourinho

7.1m for winning D3

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭doc holliday

thisyear wrote: »
    The mighty Wolfsburg are champions of div 4 after a emphatic, well some might say ropey as feck 1-0 win with Diego yet again with the winner. There have been some mumblings in the media about stumbling over the line with a point to spare drawing 3 of the last 6 games.... But who cares 😀😀😀

Now to try and get a team for div 3 so lads ye know the drill!!!

Thought I could sneak past you on the last day!! Ah well runner up will have to do. Not bad for my first season I suppose 😀.

Jubilant scenes at la bombonera as Boca get promotion from division 4 in the boards.ie league for the first time in their history. Asamoah Gyan was the player of the season playing 37 games with an average rating of 7.63.

Looking at some of the division 3 squads, next season is gonna be bloody tough. Feck it I have Jon Walters, It'll be grand 😀

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭irishgoldberg

12.3m for seventh in div 1. Next season top 4! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,050 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

gerp99 wrote: »
    10.5 for 2nd in div 2

And I get less than 5m for finishing 12th. Some difference

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭mackeire

I got less than 1M for finishing 20th in D1.

How the fcuk did Porto not get relegated???

• Registered Users Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭Colemania

mackeire wrote: »

Season is over lads. Put the bickering aside :P

Its all down to the quality of manager ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

They have Hazard now though - if they are down there again next season we know who to blame.... :P

They have Hazard now though - if they are down there again next season we know who to blame.... :P

Also now have 6 x 88s in my starting 11 :p

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭swoody

anyone interested in benatia?

i want (minimum) a young 89 right back and a young 89 center back.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭baza Rakus

swoody wrote: »
    anyone interested in benatia?

i want (minimum) a young 89 right back and a young 89 center back.

I sent you a private message on the Soccer Manager website. I don't have the second 89 rated player that you requested but lemme know anyway

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Roma were given 14.0m for just about staying in the top five to add to their already rather large pot of cash.

Rumours of Eden Hazard disappearance have finally been put to bed ...

40968834.jpg
    1NAzZ1k

We can exclusively reveal he will now by plying his trade at Porto
    interview-with-eden-hazard-before-everton-match.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭baza Rakus

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    Rumours of Eden Hazard disappearance have finally been put to bed ...

40968834.jpg
    1NAzZ1k

We can exclusively reveal he will now by plying his trade at Porto
    interview-with-eden-hazard-before-everton-match.jpg

Remember when he was gonna be the third best player in the world?

Sap.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement