Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SoccerManager.com (#4) The Boards.ie World

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,488 ✭✭✭Ordinary man

It has to be said that the 3 best teams in div 3 went up this season.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Congrats Genoa,good luck in div 3.
    I shuda started the big gunns :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,141 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

Well I have managed to bring relative success to the streets of Genoa tonight, although the hardiest of fans who made the journey to Dortmund will have to wait a few hours to join them.

It was a tense affair from start to finish, nothing could seperate the teams, 50/50 in terms of possession, each team having just 4 shots on target. Every player on the pitch (including subs) bar one got a rating of 6, that one was Adriano whom i used to manage at Sporting Lisbon who did his best to try and spoil the party and got a 7.

As you may have guessed, the match was decided by the lottery of a shootout. Genoa scored our first 3 penalties, and Flamego failed to score with any of theirs, with Julio Cesar saving two of them. The man I have been looking at replacing all week.

As i said when the semi-final results came in, may the luckiest man win, and that is what happened.

I feel your pain Flamengo, hopefully you can regroup next season as you have a great team for that division. The saddest part is that Division 4 will (as it stands) have only 3 human managers next season.

However, I have finally managed to bring league success to Genoa in my second stint in charge, with a couple of youngsters I signed the first time around playing a big part. The Cup win from my first stint was sweeter, but the taste of the promotion will last longer.

UkMBJIq.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,472 ✭✭✭Comic Book Guy

After a long day of apprehension and second guessing Malaga manager El Diego strode into the dressing room before the Division 3 play-off final and looked around at the ashen faces looking to him for comforting words. Ripping up his pre match team talk and tactical notes he proceeded to plug this classic into the sound system seeing the day that was in it

https://youtu.be/YYjBQKIOb-w

It seemed to work a treat with Sidney Sam grabbing a 3rd minute opener and doubling our lead before the half hour mark. Typically resolute WBA under Tony Pulis got one back early in the second half through Taider but Harry Kane stood up to the plate with a brilliant brace to ensure Malaga fans and players were able to enjoy the closing stages comfortably with a 3 goal lead.

The final whistle prompted pandemonium in the stands and on the pitch. After 5 seasons without success in the unmanaged team purgatory that is Division 4 former Hannover manager El Diego has lead little Malaga to back to back promotions and into Division 2.

Looking forward to pitting my wits with boards Sm manager legends such as Tupac, Mackeire, Colemania, the artist formerly known as Seaneh, et al.
    I'm sure we will probably be kindly donating 6 points to these lads but hopefully we can battle bravely and avoid being a yoyo club.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭baza Rakus

SMFA Shield Final
    Tuesday 12 Jan 2016 2000
    Brown Envelope Collector Manuel Mejuto Gonzalez

Wembley Stadium
    Capacity 90,000
    London, ENGLAND!

Borussia Dortmund
    Founded 1909
    Location Dortmund
    Country Germany

Club Information
    League Position 3
    Division 1
    Manager Information
    Games Managed 279
    Manager Ranking 18 / 50
    Num. Trophies 1 top level
    Club Facts

Borussia Dortmund have won 3 top-level trophies. This is the first time they have made it to the final of this competition.
    Borussia Dortmund have won 4 of the last 6 meetings between these clubs.

Top Players
    M.ÖZIL (Rating: 94)
    M.HUMMELS (Rating: 93)
    M.GÖTZE (Rating: 93)
    Players to Watch
    R.FALCAO (Goals: 7, Assists: 4)
    M.ÖZIL (Goals: 7, Assists: 4)
    F.THAUVIN (Goals: 5, Assists: 2)
    Injuries
    None
    Suspensions
    None

Everton
    Founded 1878
    Location Liverpool
    Country England

Club Information
    League Position 7
    Division 1
    Manager Information
    Games Managed 303
    Manager Ranking 20 / 50
    Num. Trophies 0 top level
    Club Facts

Everton are looking for their first top-level trophy after narrowly missing out on one previous occasion.
    Everton have won 2 of the last 6 meetings between these clubs.

Top Players
    L.BAINES (Rating: 91)
    J.VERTONGHEN (Rating: 91)
    F.LLORENTE (Rating: 91)
    Players to Watch
    F.LLORENTE (Goals: 7, Assists: 7)
    R.BARKLEY (Goals: 3, Assists: 9)
    K.MIRALLAS (Goals: 5, Assists: 6)
    Injuries
    None
    Suspensions
    None

Navan Community Television here with an exclusive interview with the Dortmund Manager:
    "Are you worried about facing one of your old adverseries tonite?"
    "No"
    "It must be exciting to have the chance to win another trophy this season?"
    "Yes"
    "Is this your first trip to Wembley?"
    "No"
    Well, there you have it folks! Looks like this one is gonna be a stonker

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭irishgoldberg

baza Rakus wrote: »
    SMFA Shield Final

Navan Community Television here with an exclusive interview with the Dortmund Manager:
    "Are you worried about facing one of your old adverseries tonite?"
    "No"
    "It must be exciting to have the chance to win another trophy this season?"
    "Yes"
    "Is this your first trip to Wembley?"
    "No"
    Well, there you have it folks! Looks like this one is gonna be a stonker

When asked the same questions the Everton manager simply replied" same as what he said "

Good luck baz tonight and may the game engine play fair, tho hopefully I collect my 1st trophy. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,472 ✭✭✭Comic Book Guy

Showing that there is no sentiment in sport, less than 24 hours after securing promotion Malaga are inviting offers from interested parties on their players.

I had to sacrifice costa and isco last season to get in Kane Torres praet dragovic and grimaldo so looking to keep them although obviously everyone has their price!

Our main asset would be Pedro. Ideally looking for a younger winger as a direct replacement first up, maybe a second winger, a full back or a centre mid to go with it.

Dele ALLI is not for sale. I can't stop you putting offers in but the idea of me selling the ba$tard love-child of Messi and Ronaldo is just laughable. Just laughable! Sky Sports told me the other nite he had all it takes to be the best English player of his generation so, for that reason, I'm out.
    I mean I'm in. I mean he's not for sale!
    Can't stop you bidding tho

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭thisyear

Just after finishing the press conference where have had to venomously deny having had any interest in the athletic club job ðŸ˜ðŸ˜ . Their chairman made contact but he was told to persue other opportunities... Ahem... . Completely committed to Wolfsburg obviously fans and players!! Speaking of which get the feeling that the total lack of interest in my squad from other managers is not a good omen for the coming season 😱😱

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭JamboMac

Dele ALLI is not for sale. I can't stop you putting offers in but the idea of me selling the ba$tard love-child of Messi and Ronaldo is just laughable. Just laughable! Sky Sports told me the other nite he had all it takes to be the best English player of his generation so, for that reason, I'm out.
    I mean I'm in. I mean he's not for sale!
    Can't stop you bidding tho

Probably said that about Andy Carroll at some point:p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

thisyear wrote:
    Just after finishing the press conference where have had to venomously deny having had any interest in the athletic club job ðŸ˜ðŸ˜ . Their chairman made contact but he was told to persue other opportunities... Ahem... . Completely committed to Wolfsburg obviously fans and players!! Speaking of which get the feeling that the total lack of interest in my squad from other managers is not a good omen for the coming season 😱😱

Anything from the Kyiv chairman?

Anything from the Kyiv chairman?

He just turned up on the doorstep, can't best persistence!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Barcelona have won the SMFA Champions Cup!

Barcelona beat Atlético Madrid 2 - 0 in the final to lift the trophy.
    Griezmann and Busquets were amongst the goalscorers.

Debut goal for Antoine and the Madrid keeper got a 10 so a good day at the office. Nice too win a trophy again, it had been awhile

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭irishgoldberg

Everton have won the SMFA Shield!

Mirallas with the only goal after 13 minutes.

My 1st boards.ie trophy!!!! :)

Commiserations baz.

Aw heck :(

Well done Irish

Everton have won the SMFA Shield!

Mirallas with the only goal after 13 minutes.

My 1st boards.ie trophy!!!! :)

Commiserations baz.

Well deserved!! Congrades

Aw heck :(

Well done Irish

Unlucky Baz

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

Guys, if any one is looking to add another team / league to their repertoire ...

Why not check out ... http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057464710

This is a league where money is at a premium, starting squads were low rated, there is a restriction on buying over 89rated players to encourage talent scouting and stop one or 2 managers plowing ahead and buying up the Barca starting 11 :P

Think you can handle getting 1.2m for winning D2 .... let see if you are hard enough....

I do want to stress, do not take a team in my game world at the expense your team in mac's league ... I want macs league to prosper ...if you have a free slot, pop on over.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    Guys, if any one is looking to add another team / league to their repertoire ...

Why not check out ... http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057464710

This is a league where money is at a premium, starting squads were low rated, there is a restriction on buying over 89rated players to encourage talent scouting and stop one or 2 managers plowing ahead and buying up the Barca starting 11 :P

Think you can handle getting 1.2m for winning D2 .... let see if you are hard enough....

I do want to stress, do not take a team in my game world at the expense your team in mac's league ... I want macs league to prosper ...if you have a free slot, pop on over.

And just over 1.3 for winning div 1

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

There's youth players on my squad and I have no idea why I signed them,must have been in the beginning when I was more into the game :pac:

• Advertisement

Difficult scenes outside the Volkswagen arena tonight as fans are clearly angered by the departure of their manager and his appointment at kyiv... Comparisons with the annexing of Crimea have been heard as fires blaze in the streets and pictures of both chairman are set alight!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭richieffff

Sale on at Anzhi :

Huntelaar 91
    Valbuena 91
    Barzagli 91
    Demichelles 89
    Cabellaro 88
    Mbokani 88

Looking for an u25 cb, fc or mr

• Closed Accounts Posts: 966 ✭✭✭Mourinho

Come mere should we get Mac to send out a mass in game PM over the buying from unmanaged poll?

It's 13-1 in favour of allowing it. That's only 14 votes out of 50 managers I think.

The last thing we need is another feck up with lads moaning it "wasn't advertised properly"

If you want Mac I have this here and you can copy and paste it and send, will save you time mate.

"Hi lads,

If you have a minute can you please pop over to the soccer manager forum on boards and take the time to vote on whether we will allow the buying of players from unmanaged clubs.

The thread for voting is stickied to the top of the soccer manager forum.

Thanks"

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

3149191_o.gif

Wilberto wrote: »
    3149191_o.gif

CGm6L.jpg

How Jordon Henderson made that cover is a joke

Víctor OSIMHEN ... Got 9-10 goals in u19(I think) World cup near the end of 2015 .... cost me (max bid) $239,000

got a +5 today => value 1.6m :cool:

Discovered a(nother) bit of a flaw in the game ... I left Spurs to take over Barca in another gw ... Won my first game and all of a sudden my manager(not club) winning streak has gone to 13 matches in a row - 12 of which the previous manager accrued :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

Anyone any time frame after Sunday how long before the new fixtures are announced?

This is the end of the 3 transfers per season rule!

I think I'm right in saying its usually a few days then some more pointless friendlies before back into the mixer!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭swoody

Anyone any time frame after Sunday how long before the new fixtures are announced?

This is the end of the 3 transfers per season rule!

I think I'm right in saying its usually a few days then some more pointless friendlies before back into the mixer!

four days....season starts then on sunday.

BbNAz5l.gif

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement