Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SoccerManager.com (#4) The Boards.ie World

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Wait,ppl got money from their chairman?

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭irishgoldberg

PerrinV2 wrote: »
    Wait,ppl got money from their chairman?

Mine gave me an extra 2300 seats instead of money :(

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,221 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

I got nowt

Giving the rest of ye a chance I suppose

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Bayern welcome new signing KDB and Firmino has decided he wants back to Bayern too. Would like a replacement for Lahm but for now I'm happy

ghkq7zq0j

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

I got 50m, despite having 75m in the bank already - makes absotively no sense whatsoever!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I didn't get any money? The ****???

Not for the first time I find myself asking I'd love to know the logic behind it :pac:

Looking at the teams who have said they've gotten money (Bayern, PSG, City) it does seem to reflect the real life mega rich teams, maybe that's it? Seems a bit odd.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,050 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Well villa got nothing. Am I the only one holding on to cash to buy from unmanaged clubs next season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

eh i dunno wrote: »
    Well villa got nothing. Am I the only one holding on to cash to buy from unmanaged clubs next season.

Nope, I'll be keeping my 120m and whatever else I get from selling off some youth

• Registered Users Posts: 2,488 ✭✭✭Ordinary man

As usual, probably reflecting real life, we at panathanaikos are semi broke. We have a chairman roaring about having promotion expectations and keeping his cash to himself, 13000 fans attending a glamour friendly against everton(out of 68000+ capacity) while moaning that we have no star players and no flair, a journey man bunch of players struggling to keep their ratings and a squad of youths wondering who will have to be shipped out next to raise the cash to keep us afloat.

So excuse me if i lack sympathy with you guys and your first world problems:P

• Advertisement

Yeah my chairman expects a top half finish apparently, good luck with that :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭Colemania

Promotion is expected of me once again. The pressure of it all!!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Not for the first time I find myself asking I'd love to know the logic behind it :pac:

Looking at the teams who have said they've gotten money (Bayern, PSG, City) it does seem to reflect the real life mega rich teams, maybe that's it? Seems a bit odd.
    Could be,guess they'll have all the money the buy from the unmanaged clubs now.Well they were going to anyway but now they'll have even more :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

The chairman has decided to invest a further 31,871,145 into Barcelona.

Jesus!! Have over 300 million in the bank. Who's selling players for cash :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭baza Rakus

The reason some of you got a cash injection: SM looks at the average squad value (or the highest squad value, I can't remember which) then give you cash to bring you up to at least 50% of that. No complaints.

Deli Alli is for sale, reverse part exchange offer. I need players rated >92

• Registered Users Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭Colemania

baza Rakus wrote: »
    The reason some of you got a cash injection: SM looks at the average squad value (or the highest squad value, I can't remember which) then give you cash to bring you up to at least 50% of that. No complaints.

But bayern, Chelsea and city are some of the wealthiest clubs in the league, team value wise. Why did they get cash injections?

Looking at who did get cash injections and who didn't, it's pretty obvious that's not what happened :pac:

Colemania wrote: »
    But bayern, Chelsea and city are some of the wealthiest clubs in the league, team value wise. Why did they get cash injections?

But not the wealthiest by a long shot. Juventus is at a value of £480m
    City £373m
    Bayern £355m
    Chelsea £334m

It's someting around the highest team or average not sure don't shoot the messenger it's on the SM forum I don't know

But not the wealthiest by a long shot. Juventus is at a value of £480m
    City £373m
    Bayern £355m
    Chelsea £334m

It's someting around the highest team or average not sure don't shoot the messenger it's on the SM forum I don't know

But myself (Benfica) and Everton (to take 2 examples) didn't get any money though, despite values of 257m and 210m respectively.

Not having ago at you, just saying that explanation doesn't make sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

Anyway ... cash is useless unless we turn on buying from unmanaged .... oh wait!

• Advertisement

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    Anyway ... cash is useless unless we turn on buying from unmanaged .... oh wait!

SM have been reading the forum and did this to pit us against each other.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

I'd like too be reunited with him

But myself (Benfica) and Everton (to take 2 examples) didn't get any money though, despite values of 257m and 210m respectively.

Not having ago at you, just saying that explanation doesn't make sense.

I found it:

""Your Chairman will always invest cash to ensure that your clubs 'net worth' (cash player values) is never less than 50% of the average club in your league. This ensures smaller clubs 'net worth' will not be too far behind the bigger clubs in your league. If you don't receive an investment from your Chairman then this is due to your clubs ‘net worth’ being greater than 50% of the average club in your league".

• Registered Users Posts: 12,050 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

In division 2 my squad value is 224m. Is that why my chairman gave me nothing

I found it:

""Your Chairman will always invest cash to ensure that your clubs 'net worth' (cash player values) is never less than 50% of the average club in your league. This ensures smaller clubs 'net worth' will not be too far behind the bigger clubs in your league. If you don't receive an investment from your Chairman then this is due to your clubs ‘net worth’ being greater than 50% of the average club in your league".
    Still dont think it worked right ..

Bayern squad and citys squad are both higher value than porto.not sure about ger, but bayern had 75m in the bank i had 10 at porto... Yet bayern, city were in need of a cash injection and i wasnt?!?!

Same as what other people posted tho, not the fault of the recepients ( other than mac, as gameworld owner he requested a yearly top up as a perk), their system is flawed!

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Burlap_Sack

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    Still dont think it worked right ..

Bayern squad and citys squad are both higher value than porto.not sure about ger, but bayern had 75m in the bank i had 10 at porto... Yet bayern, city were in need of a cash injection and i wasnt?!?!

Same as what other people posted tho, not the fault of the recepients ( other than mac, as gameworld owner he requested a yearly top up as a perk), their system is flawed!

Be happy with your lot prole;)

I got 50 mil while having 75 in the back....ding ding ding.

During the 2nd of back-to-back friendlies against Aston Villa, Porto fans were heard singing "Can we play you every week?"

It was the 4-0 and 3-0 scorelines which gave the Porto fans reason to be buoyant

• Closed Accounts Posts: 966 ✭✭✭Mourinho

Lads another "loop hole" that needs to be addressed.

A manager just casually mentioned he'd nearly change his vote in buying from unmanaged cause of the nonsensical chairman cash injections.

It reminded me of bringing this up.

When we have a vote should people be allowed to "change" a vote I think a few lads did it in another vote before.

Frankly I don't think so, never mind there is no vote change option in the poll anyway, I think once your vote is cast, it's cast.

It should be up to you to make sure your happy with your vote and even if something ala the current chairman gate that's happened votes should stick. Unless somehow people have been persuaded with deliberate wrong information.

Chopping and changing votes afterwards just make a mockery of the whole thing in the first place IMO.

*obviously you would allow for someone who accidentally clicked the wrong option as long as they post saying so within say a day.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

Lads I think it's pretty clear that this 50mil cash injections (not blaming the clubs, not their fault) is vastly changing the landscape when it comes to buying from unmanaged....

All things fair it would work but as it is, it's pointless...

With this new info we need to revote on this topic I reckon because peoples opinions will have changed on this topic....

Again, no blame attached to said clubs.... Obviously

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Has it changed much? Now some teams have 300m instead of 250m....

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement