Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SoccerManager.com (#4) The Boards.ie World

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,221 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

I think it's a bit disingenuous to say all the teams who received injections already had 200m+ so it doesn't really matter. Chelsea got 75m + 50m, that's a 67% budget increase, pretty game changing. I'm pretty sure city said they were low on cash before the injection as well.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭baza Rakus

Are we gonna be allowed to buy from Unmanaged teams or what? Turn 1 is upon us and a decision needs to be made.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

baza Rakus wrote: »
    Are we gonna be allowed to buy from Unmanaged teams or what? Turn 1 is upon us and a decision needs to be made.

The plan was to open it up next season to give all teams a chance to get some money together

• Registered Users Posts: 14,141 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

Is chat down for everyone?

I can't get it on the websh1te or the crApp for a few days now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭Maldjd23

Is chat down for everyone?

I can't get it on the websh1te or the crApp for a few days now.

What does it matter...Nobody answers anyway!!!..:D:D

• Advertisement

My chat hasn't worked in months :/

KERSPLAT! wrote: »
    The plan was to open it up next season to give all teams a chance to get some money together

But Next Season starts tonite!

Outrageous.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭Colemania

baza Rakus wrote: »
    But Next Season starts tonite!

Outrageous.

He means the season after that...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭swoody

Colemania wrote: »
    He means the season after that...

there was an agreement that it would be reversed this season, unfortunately communists are in charge here and ignore a democratic vote :(

swoody wrote: »
    there was an agreement that it would be reversed this season, unfortunately communists are in charge here and ignore a democratic vote :(

Bertie Ahern running the gaff. We should have a panel (after the vote). Then an enquiry ...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

Walk the league they said..... It will be a bloodbath amongst the rest they said.....

But I knew better, 0-2 Sunderland. Like I said, no chance I win D2

Ah, just seen a familiar sight! His keeper MOTM!!!!!!! Ah yes, SM don't you ever change!!!!

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,221 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

The match ended 0 - 0 between SL Benfica and Chelsea in their Division 1 fixture.

A respectable draw against Chelsea to kick off the season.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭Colemania

1 all draw against promoted Schalke, happy enough with that!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

2-2 draw away to Spurs ...

Batshuayi with 2 goals, Hazard and Tielemans with assists ... a little Belgian get together :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 966 ✭✭✭Mourinho

Colemania wrote: »
    1 all draw against promoted Schalke, happy enough with that!

Had expected a loss against you, given your form last season.

Dybala now out for 10 days..... Not happy myself :p

• Registered Users Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

Walk the league they said..... It will be a bloodbath amongst the rest they said.....

But I knew better, 0-2 Sunderland. Like I said, no chance I win D2

Ah, just seen a familiar sight! His keeper MOTM!!!!!!! Ah yes, SM don't you ever change!!!!

holy **** 90 rated keeper gets a rating of 9 in match :eek: SM need to get their **** together and stop this

50 - 50 possession and 6 shots on target v 4 on target is hardly outrageous

But keep blaming SM even though you had your team poorly set up and then completely change formation at half time and then make a further 3 subs on the 60 minute. But am sure that nothing got to do with it! stupid match engine! ;)

1-1 with Ajax, had James suspended for it, he's back but KdB gets a red after 35, flippin eejit. Firmino had a better match scoring on his 2nd Bayern debut

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Burlap_Sack

3-1 against city..

Our year.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

3-1 against city..

Our year.

Sure they only just got promoted .... :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,472 ✭✭✭Comic Book Guy

We start life in Division 2 with a 0 0 draw away to Aston Villa.

Happy to get off the mark in first game, 39 points still to get!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭richieffff

Lost every pre season match and won my first league game, alrighty then

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭thisyear

After a pretty poor pre season nice to start with a win. Think Were in the same boat as Malaga though 37 points to go!!!!

redzerdrog wrote:
    holy **** 90 rated keeper gets a rating of 9 in match SM need to get their **** together and stop this

redzerdrog wrote:
    50 - 50 possession and 6 shots on target v 4 on target is hardly outrageous

redzerdrog wrote:
    But keep blaming SM even though you had your team poorly set up and then completely change formation at half time and then make a further 3 subs on the 60 minute. But am sure that nothing got to do with it! stupid match engine!

Yeah, being honest I'm not interested in another long drawn out rivalry here or on SM, been there and done that, but thanks for the offer...

Oh thanks for the pre match team talk come 31st March though....

Yeah, being honest I'm not interested in another long drawn out rivalry here or on SM, been there and done that, but thanks for the offer...
    lol you take things far too serious then go off on rants blaming the match engine!

Do you not think completely changing formation at half time and then subbing 3 players in on the 60 minute mark would have an effect? for me that is the SM working well rather than just adding up the combined ratings of the 11 players to decide the winner

Oh thanks for the pre match team talk come 31st March though....

Is this another new feature they are adding? sounds great!

Thank you so much for proving my point! I will continue to blame the SM engine, but this time I have a little thing called proof....

You are 100% correct, changing formation after 45 mins is crazy, and neither do I dispute that it happened....

But....

I've NO changes set up in my system for 45 mins, never had, never will..... So who made those changes (points finger at SM) in fact I've double checked my friendlies and changes were made at 45 mins as well, again... Something I don't have set up, never had.... So what do you say to that??????

EDIT: well, looks like I'm not alone, I've just asked about and others have had the same thing....

So Redzer, I accept your apology, I'm well able to set up my team thanks very much and yes there is something wrong with the SM engine if it's making changes BY ITSELF

Thank you so much for proving my point! I will continue to blame the SM engine, but this time I have a little thing called proof....

You are 100% correct, changing formation after 45 mins is crazy, and neither do I dispute that it happened....

But....

I've NO changes set up in my system for 45 mins, never had, never will..... So who made those changes (points finger at SM) in fact I've double checked my friendlies and changes were made at 45 mins as well, again... Something I don't have set up, never had.... So what do you say to that??????

EDIT: well, looks like I'm not alone, I've just asked about and others have had the same thing....

So Redzer, I accept your apology, I'm well able to set up my team thanks very much and yes there is something wrong with the SM engine if it's making changes BY ITSELF

same thing has happened me during the friendlies but when looked into it, it was a change that i had set from a few games back that I never deleted.

Surely if SM is making changes by itself then we should just scrap this gameweek as it is meaningless! I say you have case to get it refixed! you should write a strongly worded email, that will do the trick!

Well that's YOUR fault, not SM.... Where as I had changes set for 60 and 75... Hence NOT my fault so who's fault is it?

EDIT: also I posted it's NOT just me, it happened someone else tonight too, you ignored that part

Well that's YOUR fault, not SM.... Where as I had changes set for 60 and 75... Hence NOT my fault so who's fault is it?

EDIT: also I posted it's NOT just me, it happened someone else tonight too, you ignored that part

To be honest SM were probably just doing you a favour, the set up for the first half was pretty poor. It looked a lot more balanced in second half!

This is what I missed when boards was down :D

• Advertisement

redzerdrog wrote:
    To be honest SM were probably just doing you a favour, the set up for the first half was pretty poor. It looked a lot more balanced in second half!

Appreciate the dig I really do, I'll refrain... But thanks!

Anyhow, away from the nonsense.... I would suggest that people check their 45 min changes (both laptop and app) as Schalke had the exact same issue I did tonight in his game.... Obviously if SM are changing tactics without player consent then players will be playing out of position and it Will effect later subs also....

Tonight's loss might actually turn out to be the best nights work in a long time!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement