Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SoccerManager.com (#4) The Boards.ie World

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

Of course the big news is Jackson Martinez - wow! Just wow!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    I already called shotgun on messi :)

If you offer Mac 5 or 6 of your best players he will accept it.
    Then transfer two over initially.
    Refuse to accept his bids on the other players.
    Offer to then cancel the deal.
    You then get to keep messi for nearly a full season and hold onto your own players.
    Win win really!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭Colemania

China

F*cking over SM managers since January 2016

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

redzerdrog wrote: »
    You then get to keep messi for nearly a full season and hold onto your own players.
    Win win really!!!
    This is it in a nutshell!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

Win win really!!!
    Think there is a bit more to it than that mate but have fun in your bubble.

• Advertisement

MrMac84 wrote: »
    This is it in a nutshell!

Really, so as one of 2 parties involved in transfers you take zero responsability for checkng players you were due to receive were available, transfer banned, injured, cup tied,...

Wow.

Really, so as one of 2 parties involved in transfers you take zero responsability for checkng players you were due to receive were available, transfer banned, injured, cup tied,...

Wow.

Think there is a bit more to it than that!

Borthwick Jackson was available to transfer yet the deal wasn't accepted for some reason

Think there is a bit more to it than that!

Borthwick Jackson was available to transfer yet the deal wasn't accepted for some reason

I think it down to what was communicated in pms ....

just had a pm from mac.... I suggest the lads agree to show pms so they can clear up why it went sour .... Or better yet, both swaallow some pride and work it out

Better still, lets have a vote :p

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,221 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

This beats transfer deadline day for drama anyway

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

Jesus! I suppose I knew that too when I sold him! Lol!!!!

That's an incredible move, brutal

• Advertisement

Only PMs I don't have are the sent ones on boards, I consent to posting ALL my PMs (Mac will my missing ones in his boards inbox) both boards and SM.

Either way, my mind is made up. Deal off, and if Barca consent to this I'll gladly satisfy the appetite for blood around here and DROP MESSI UNTIL HIS BAN IS UP....

Again, only if Barca consent to deal off and let that be the end of it....

EDIT: oh, obviously I would expect Barca to do the same with my players

Only PMs I don't have are the sent ones on boards, I consent to posting ALL my PMs (Mac will my missing ones in his boards inbox) both boards and SM.

Either way, my mind is made up. Deal off, and if Barca consent to this I'll gladly satisfy the appetite for blood around here and DROP MESSI UNTIL HIS BAN IS UP....

Again, only if Barca consent to deal off and let that be the end of it....

How about what would ye need to conclude the deal?

GT_TDI_150 wrote:
    How about what would ye need to conclude the deal?

Unfortunately, for me..... that is the conclusion of the deal...

Anyway, what happened to Mac quit yesterday?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭Maldjd23

In other off topic non related news... Zakaria Bakkali's transfer ban ends in 2 days at which point Milan can have him as part of the Sakho deal from last season....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭baza Rakus

Jesus! I suppose I knew that too when I sold him! Lol!!!!

That's an incredible move, brutal

Atletico's Jackson Martinez joins Guangzhou for record £31m

Point being yes his value should drop after being beyont a while, BUT his transfer price should now be £31 million. Martin Riteguard is 80 rated and worth £6m at present, while his peers are worth £1.2m and odds. It's not rocket surgery.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,488 ✭✭✭Ordinary man

It would be nuts to rate them based on chinese transfers. Check out Jinhao Bi - 25yo goalie rated 78 in the game valued at 380k, transferred in rl for 11m. Personally i reckon any player transferred to mls, chinese league or any other rubbish level league should automatically drop 5 points in the ratings

It would be nuts to rate them based on chinese transfers. Check out Jinhao Bi - 25yo goalie rated 78 in the game valued at 380k, transferred in rl for 11m. Personally i reckon any player transferred to mls, chinese league or any other rubbish level league should automatically drop 5 points in the ratings

Yes but they revamped the transfer values on Soccer Manager to follow real world values (which is why I was able to buy Martial for £5.7 (after United bought him in the rw, and before the transfer vaues change) and then sell him for £35.2 (after the values change) despite him only being 89 rated. I'm not saying it's rite, but it should follow because they have stated values will be closely aligned to real world values.

So whoever has Martinez I would wait a few days before selling him ...

After talking too a few senior members of the game I'll stay untill messi is returned too barca.

After talking too a few senior members of the game I'll stay untill messi is returned too barca.

As per..... I will agree not to play Messi as Mac has agreed to reversing the deal.

Since this idea of 'not playing' to be transferred players is now on the table I would suggest guidelines be drawn up so everyone knows where managers stand on the issue?

Also, am I assuming correctly that Griezmann and Laporte won't be playing either?

Ideally I would like an answer on this by tonight as there are matches

As per..... I will agree not to play Messi as Mac has agreed to reversing the deal.

Since this idea of 'not playing' to be transferred players is now on the table I would suggest guidelines be drawn up so everyone knows where managers stand on the issue?

Also, am I assuming correctly that Griezmann and Laporte won't be playing either?

Ideally I would like an answer on this by tonight as there are matches

I couldn't care less what you do.This will be my last interaction with you untill March too buy back Messi. And again after March I won't be interacting with you so add me too your list of managers.

• Advertisement

Messi, griezmann and laporte aren't the problem. The problem is Lamela, harnandez and CBJ not never changed hands.

Either way I couldn't really care less it just doesn't sit right and the only one really losing out is mac

Tip for all managers ... Make sure you know the availability and injury status of players you are about to buy / sell to prevent ^^^^^^^

;)

Tip for all managers ... Make sure you know the availability and injury status of players you are about to buy / sell to prevent ^^^^^^^

;)

Ya i'm still waiting on neymar sure...

Colemania wrote: »
    Ya i'm still waiting on neymar sure...

Thats a tax ivasion issue rather than a transfer ban ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

I heard about this guy Suarez who scored four times for Barcelona last night so I checked him out on SM and he was already bought in all 4 of my GW's......FML :mad::mad:

I heard about this guy Suarez who scored four times for Barcelona last night so I checked him out on SM and he was already bought in all 4 of my GW's......FML :mad::mad:

Is he gone?!?

Have been waiting for him to be added for ages :mad:

Never mind him, there's this other fella called Messi you should check him out. He's even better than Suarez!

Anzhi won the bidding this time for the real Kylian Mbappe Lottin. I'm left with the fake one then it seems, now known as Aboubcar Sylla....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 966 ✭✭✭Mourinho

I never thought we'd see such drama over a transfer.

What next? Somebody will be murdered, and then where are we? Drive by shootings in the night, it'll be like Boys in the Hood.

Then they'll have hoes selling their wares in the middle of the street and the pimps will be using crack cocaine to keep the whores under control

I'm going home now to lock meself in the basement til they catch that Tupac fella. Good by to ya Father.

• Advertisement

Mourinho wrote: »
    I never thought we'd see such drama over a transfer.

What next? Somebody will be murdered, and then where are we? Drive by shootings in the night, it'll be like Boys in the Hood.

Then they'll have hoes selling their wares in the middle of the street and the pimps will be using crack cocaine to keep the whores under control

I'm going home now to lock meself in the basement til they catch that Tupac fella. Good by to ya Father.

Hopefully the people ordering the drive bys will have confirmed the person doing the driving isnt on a driving ban for traffic offences or on a provisional license without a qualifid driver beside them!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement