Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SoccerManager.com (#4) The Boards.ie World

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

Anyone fancy making history by selling a 88+ rated player for CASH??????
    I'll sell ya a packet of baby wipes and a (worn) pair of jocks for cash

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭TheGunns

Anyone fancy making history by selling a 88+ rated player for CASH??????
    An 88 or 88+, I'd be more than willing to sell an 88 ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭mackeire

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    Really, absolutely no interest? No one needs a GK? :rolleyes:

I could do with him at spartak Moscow.

How come lads try hi jack your deals?
    I put a bid in on a player there that had no bids in on him but it said that two teams were interested in him.
    Of course, one of the teams put a bid in straight away for this player even tho they have absolutely no use for him what so ever!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

Nice to wake up to!

Laporte --> 89!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

mackeire wrote: »
    I put a bid in on a player there that had no bids in on him but it said that two teams were interested in him.
    Of course, one of the teams put a bid in straight away for this player even tho they have absolutely no use for him what so ever!
    No just this world bud, that's the case with them all

I dont know about others, I shortlist people that I'd be interested in buying ( but dont at the time as I've no money) so then I forget about the player until someone else bids...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

Nice to wake up to!

Laporte --> 89!!

That's nice.........

As I sit here..........

With my 90 rated Ranocchia........

That you swapped for Laporte.............

:pac::pac:

I love you really!

I dont know about others, I shortlist people that I'd be interested in buying ( but dont at the time as I've no money) so then I forget about the player until someone else bids...

Yeah well lazio manager is just doing it to be a d1ckhead. He's done the same with more players in the same position that I've bid on.

Yeah well lazio manager is just doing it to be a d1ckhead. He's done the same with more players in the same position that I've bid on.

Eh, I'll shall bid on who I want..... same as anyone else....

Unless the rules have changed?

Weather I need/want the player is not your concern, last night I put a bid on a player and another team came in and made a bid....

You don't see me complaining about other managers trying to improve their team?

Also, personal insult there mate :(

• Advertisement

Eh, I'll shall bid on who I want..... same as anyone else....

Unless the rules have changed?

Weather I need/want the player is not your concern, last night I put a bid on a player and another team came in and made a bid....

You don't see me complaining about other managers trying to improve their team?

Also, personal insult there mate :(

So you are telling me that you are not bidding on two players who would just sit in your reserves just so a struggling team can't buy them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

I'm the same as this.

So you are telling me that you are not bidding on two players who would just sit in your reserves just so a struggling team can't buy them?

The only thing I'm telling you is that personal insults are against the charter and hopefully one of the mods will adhere to that....

Oh and those 2 players, who play the same position .... 1 will be a starter come Feb, not sitting in the reserves as you put it, but again that's irrelevant because I (and everyone) can bid on whoever they want (hopefully) without fear of personal insults

MOD NOTE
    Personal insults will not be tolerated. By all means debate away but dont let this thread desend into petty jibes at each other

Lads plenty of people shortlist players and then revisit them later in the game. If 2 clubs are interested in the same player and for club A he would be a starter and one of your best players but for club B he would only be in the reserves, well club A will be allowed too bid more for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,140 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

Lost 2-0 to Hanover,

which means 3 teams sit on 39 points at the top end of Division 3.

:)

FC Porto beat Tottenham Hotspur 1 - 0 in their Division 1 fixture.
    Benteke scored the winner for FC Porto and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

Thankfully the virtual Benteke is a little sharper than the real like one

• Registered Users Posts: 12,050 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Aston Villa slumped to a 2 - 1 defeat against Hamburg in their Division 1 fixture.
    Jelavić scored the only goal for Aston Villa and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance

Balls :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Celtic beat Genoa CFC 3 - 1 in their Division 4 fixture.
    Chadli scored a brace and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.
    Beck was also on the scoresheet for his side.

That's 4 wins & 1 draw in my first 5 games.
    Currently in 3rd only 2pts off 2nd and 4pts off 1st.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭Colemania

Colemania wrote: »
    6-1 win against my old club Palmeiras. Not too bad!

And 6-2 tonight against auxerre to put me top of the table on goal difference as I'm level on points with Espanyol and Sporting. Tardelli's goals per game record is mad considering I only play him when I've injuries! Erding has stopped scoring also but got 4 assists so can't complain :)

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭jukebox2310

FC Twente had a 3-1 win against Benefica. Season much better than I expected. In playoff places

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭JamboMac

Move 7 points clear at the top.

Paris Saint-Germain beat Anzhi 3 - 0 in their Division 2 fixture.
    Gameiro scored a goal and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.
    Fernando and Pastore were also amongst the goalscorers.

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭irishgoldberg

1-0 win at home means inter have won more than they have lost this season and are up to 6th!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Málaga CF beat CSKA Moskva 2 - 0 in their Division 4 fixture.
    Sam scored a goal and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.
    Costa was also on the scoresheet for his side.

Glad to win the final game without Isco. He's back for the next game against Lyon after his "mild" injury that effectively ruled him out for about three games. "Mild" my hole!! :pac: :D :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,472 ✭✭✭Comic Book Guy

2 0 win over table toppers Sporting to ease relegation worries for few weeks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Good win over City, think Reus got a hat trick

How are a D1 team like Hamburg unmanaged?

How are a D1 team like Hamburg unmanaged?

Cause their manager left, next question plz!!

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭ikeano29

I used to play this game years ago around 2007, but don't remember email or password anymore. It was an easy addictive game back then, has it changed much since?
    Is the site mobile friendly?

ikeano29 wrote: »
    I used to play this game years ago around 2007, but don't remember email or password anymore. It was an easy addictive game back then, has it changed much since?
    Is the site mobile friendly?

Yup there's an app for it now and also the mobile version of the site is fairly easy too navigate

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

Sorry to say that as I no longer have the time, or to be fair, the enthuasism for it, it's only fair that somebody else is given a chance with a Div 1 team. I can honestly say that for at least 1/3rd of the games this season I haven't even logged in to change the team around. I was going to resign pre-xmas but tried to summon the desire to keep playing, but it's just not there :(

Newcastle are in a rocky place, but there's plenty of time for it to be turned around and Div 1 status secured for another year. I'll be resigning my other teams as well, best of luck with the leagues lads and if I get the urge again I'll drop back in and start from the bottom :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement