Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SoccerManager.com (#4) The Boards.ie World

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Burlap_Sack

Every case will be different.

In this case the Sunderland manager didn't change clubs as has happened with other similar deals previous to this, he left the GW.

I don't know how long Sunderland were unmanaged for after that, but you can't expect a manager to wait around and hold onto a player in such circumstances - at the moment you still can't deal with unmanaged.

An advantage may have been gained, but it was not gained through cheating.

Fair enough if they went unmanaged for a considerable amount of time but it was six days.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,141 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

I thought it was longer, but the manager still left the GW for a longer period was it? Is that why it has only come to light now?

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Burlap_Sack

I thought it was longer, but the manager still left the GW for a longer period was it? Is that why it has only come to light now?

Im fairly sure bear mentioned it on the SM board when he was leaving but yeah he's just back so he must of said it again. It sets a bad precedent because if someone knows they are quitting a dodgy deal could be put in place for another team to profit from his best players. The deals should be between clubs and honoured no matter who is the manager.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,141 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

Im fairly sure bear mentioned it on the SM board when he was leaving but yeah he's just back so he must of said it again. It sets a bad precedent because if someone knows they are quitting a dodgy deal could be put in place for another team to profit from his best players. The deals should be between clubs and honoured no matter who is the manager.

The only problem is that you can't enforce it, and rules that can't be enforced can't be made really - the same with the squad cap talk that comes along every now and then.

It has always been the issue with these type of deals, you need the level of trust as you can be burned quite easily as they are outside the rules of the game.

There really is nothing that can be done In this instance it is beyond the powers of the mods, the rules and SM.

It has already been stated that Firmino is going nowhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

It's ironic that Ger is one of the few that I would do these deals with.... And still would :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

KERSPLAT! wrote:
    It's ironic that Ger is one of the few that I would do these deals with.... And still would

Ironic??? Why??? IMO Ger did nothing wrong? Appears I'm not along in thinking that either..

Also, why is this still even going on? Last I checked Sunderland were now unmanaged....

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,221 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

The reality is the Sunderland squad lost a player without getting the appropriate replacements. It's not cheating but it's seriously shítty etiquette in my eyes.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭Techniques07

The reality is the Sunderland squad lost a player without getting the appropriate replacements. It's not cheating but it's seriously shítty etiquette in my eyes.

I'd agree with this. I think cheating is the wrong word, but if a deal was made then it should have been carried out regardless of the manager leaving.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

cheat

VERB

1 [NO OBJECT] Act dishonestly or unfairly in order to gain an advantage:

redzerdrog wrote:
    1 [NO OBJECT] Act dishonestly or unfairly in order to gain an advantage:

RULES....
    one of a set of explicit or understood regulations or principles governing conduct or procedure within a particular area of activity.
    "the rules of cricket"

IRRELEVANT
    synonyms: beside the point, not to the point, immaterial, not pertinent, not germane, off the subject, neither here nor there

• Advertisement

Ironic??? Why??? IMO Ger did nothing wrong? Appears I'm not along in thinking that either.....

Hardly surprising given your own track record of welching on agreed transfer deals

MOD: Less of the personal attacks. Let's keep it civil. Any more posts like this will earn you a yellow.

Thanks.

Wilberto.

yup before i quit i asked him to honour the deal with the new manager and told him i was leaving he agreed ger seemed like a top bloke so i took his word for it at the time i also posted it to the news feed.
    eireannBEAR * •19 Mar at 09:40

• Closed Accounts Posts: 966 ✭✭✭Mourinho

I could understand when you were manager being annoyed but haven't you quit the GW now so does it matter?

I assume he quit to make a point. Earlier it was said that the deal was between managers not clubs, if EB comes back then the managers would be back in place...

Anyway, Firmino won't be invloved, as if I had to say it again :p

KERSPLAT! wrote: »
    I assume he quit to make a point. Earlier it was said that the deal was between managers not clubs, if EB comes back then the managers would be back in place...

Anyway, Firmino won't be invloved, as if I had to say it again :p

You big cheater! Helping a cheater cheat! :p

:cool:

redzerdrog wrote:
    Hardly surprising given your own track record of welching on agreed transfer deals

And here is where I bid you good day Sir. Sign of someone out of ammo in a debate when they go for the personal insults..

Shall not respond in kind....

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

if the sunderland manager that initiated the sale of benzema wanted to be sure the entire deal got completed .... he should have hung around longer, simple as.

when you do deals involving multiple players you take a gamble on the other man still being there when the final pieces need to be concluded ... bigger teams become available and managers move ...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭swoody

18eb02e8b27633492018281020e1fa04.png

Thinking of a mini shakeup.

Casemiro, Tello, Hermann, Rodrigo, Jantsckhe & maybe Papadopoulos are available.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,050 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Willing to sell Vardy for the right deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭richieffff

1-0 deserved loss to Milan, bloody 45th minute substitution bug happened again, as was kindly pointed out to me by tupac

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭irishgoldberg

In the div 1 relegation battle, Everton beat Dortmund to rise to 19th :) would be amazed tho if I managed to avoid relegation

Lads since I got this sorted I haven't looked back.... again I urge everyone to look at your 45 min report on PHONE OR TABLET and make sure your tactics are not being altered by SM. It's happening more often than people know....

Tight 3-2 win over sporting sees me break much club record and go 11 unbeaten! 4 points clear at the top....

I'm beginning to think I can do a Leicester!

EDIT... just checked my own 45 and my tactics were changed again, but I did click save on the tactics screen (without making any changes) today in work (old version of the site) so that's what happened there.... same fix.... delete your tactics and set them up again from scratch on PHONE OR TABLET, new version

Well deserved 2-0 win over Porto :)

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,221 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

I beat PSG 4-0 :eek:

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

Well deserved 2-0 win over Porto :)

No way, my starting eleven with 4 x 88 and a couple of 89s didnt beat that Bayern team... damn game engine! What are SM playing at!

;)

Can only beat what's put in front of you, sort your team out if it's full of 88/89s :)

Can only beat what's put in front of you, sort your team out if it's full of 88/89s :)

Pfff, you cant do a decent transfer in this world anymore ... :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,472 ✭✭✭Comic Book Guy

Luis Muriel rescues a point late on in 1 all draw at Athletic Bilbao. Disappointed to lose out on all 3 games in a game we dominated but if ya don't take your chances and all that!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement