Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SoccerManager.com (#4) The Boards.ie World

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,574 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Mourinho wrote: »
    Anyone else have any deals on the go? Finding the market very hard at the moment

Any else having trouble out of interest?
    My guess is towards end of the season teams going for leagues and teams facing relegation may well be more willing to gamble in the market...

I reckon this was always going to happen with what's coming down the tracks come the end of the season, i.e. the restriction on buying from unmanaged clubs being lifted. Lads are just waiting almost to just get this season over and done with while simultaneously building up their cash reserves.

Not that this is an argument against that decision by the way, nor is it even a criticism of it. It was just a prediction by myself which has now become somewhat of a reality.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,141 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

Wilberto wrote: »
    I reckon this was always going to happen with what's coming down the tracks come the end of the season, i.e. the restriction on buying from unmanaged clubs being lifted. Lads are just waiting almost to just get this season over and done with while simultaneously building up their cash reserves.

Not that this is an argument against that decision by the way, nor is it even a criticism of it. It was just a prediction by myself which has now become somewhat of a reality.

Certainly true in my case.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 966 ✭✭✭Mourinho

Wilberto wrote: »

Is that actually still happening? I thought twas end of NEXT season no?

Nothing I want at unmanaged anyway tbh :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,472 ✭✭✭Comic Book Guy

Good start to the second half of the season as we beat Aston Villa 2-1.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Holy ****, I won a match :P

Any and all players at Spurs are always available for the right deal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭baza Rakus

Is that actually still happening? I thought twas end of NEXT season no?

Nothing I want at unmanaged anyway tbh :p

We're already in NEXT season :)

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Burlap_Sack

Never changed my cup team against city and got spanked...such a rookie move:(

baza Rakus wrote: »
    We're already in NEXT season :)

Oh my :o

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Holy ****, I won a match :P

Any and all players at Spurs are always available for the right deal.

Considering out positions pre kick off this was a game neither of us could afford to loose really ... but in true 'newcastle-esque' style we managed to loose 0-1 at home :( to a direct relegation competitor

• Registered Users Posts: 637 ✭✭✭gerp99

Never changed my cup team against city and got spanked...such a rookie move:(

And i was here thinking I did a great job till I seen your team. Unlucky

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭JamboMac

boring draw with everton.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

I hope I get another 50m at the end of this season :D

Anyway, good win gets me back on track :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,574 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Estudiantes de LP beat Valencia CF 1 - 0 in their Division 3 fixture.
    Balotelli scored the winner for Estudiantes de LP and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

Moves us 11 points clear of relegation. A couple more should see us safe again this season.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭richieffff

Corluka suspended for three matches after getting a straight red, think he might be going on a secret lovers get away with Valbuena who had the same last game.

On the plus side I won two in a row, seems I play better with 10 men

• Registered Users Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

Had to come to an end sometime!!! 2-0 loss away to Sunderland knocks me off the top....

Was good while it lasted. 18 games left.... shoot for playoffs I'd say

Had to come to an end sometime!!! 2-0 loss away to Sunderland knocks me off the top....

Was good while it lasted. 18 games left.... shoot for playoffs I'd say

Nope! Aim to avoid relegation again I think! :pac: :P

Ok, Young Hazard came and visited me in my office today.

He appreciates I was trying to sell him in an effort to strengthen multiple positions in the team but he was personally disappointed with the distinct lack of interest in him. He has asked if he could now remain at the club and try help maintain the clubs D1 status. He added that finally working under a compatriot is a dream come through and he would regret for the remainder of his playing career parting company with such a charismatic man.

Obviously, after such an endorsement I can not sell FCP's Talis man.

GT_TDI_150 wrote:

So your keeping Mertins we get it... now what for Hazard!

Read an article today relating to the potential BREXIT and its effect on the PL ....

Continental and Irish players would require a work permit to be able to play in the PL.

It means they have to have played in quite a high number of the last internationals for their country or to be proven as an exceptional talent ...

Could be a massive shake up!

I thought Irish players would come under whatever deal the UK and Ireland have always had in regards to free movement for work (separate from the EU free movement due to the history of lots of Irish to UK) unless FIFA will will get awkward in which case they should be told to **** off.

• Advertisement

Plus no more Bosman.

But - as if. Britain will not leave the EU.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

I thought Irish players would come under whatever deal the UK and Ireland have always had in regards to free movement for work (separate from the EU free movement due to the history of lots of Irish to UK) unless FIFA will will get awkward in which case they should be told to **** off.

Doubt it, back when England had the three foreigners rule I think Irish players were classed as foreign - IIRC

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,221 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Drew 0 0 with Chelsea. His goalkeeper got man of then match even though I only had one shot on target. Must have been a hell of a save.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

Doubt it, back when England had the three foreigners rule I think Irish players were classed as foreign - IIRC

They weren't

baza Rakus wrote:
    They weren't

Pretty sure they were dude

GT_TDI_150 wrote:
    He appreciates I was trying to sell him in an effort to strengthen multiple positions in the team but he was personally disappointed with the distinct lack of interest in him. He has asked if he could now remain at the club and try help maintain the clubs D1 status. He added that finally working under a compatriot is a dream come through and he would regret for the remainder of his playing career parting company with such a charismatic man.

GT_TDI_150 wrote:

Hmmmmmmmm......

Let's just see about that will we!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

Strange sent him a PM myself last week and no reply, even tho he always has....

Hopefully everything in real life is ok with him, he's a nice chap!

Dude did you PM me?

Apologies - send it again, unless it's a dick pic (in that case send it twice)

Pretty sure they were dude

April Fool!

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »

Since posting this yesterday, hazard has been strutting around the training complex like a little sassy b!tch singing "Cant touch this"

So with that he's being replaced with Lamela and Fabregas.

:p

• Advertisement

BZ1zXpT.jpg

The deal involving Borussia Dortmund and Luis SUÁREZ of Liverpool has been rejected. Liverpool do not want to sell the player. Why, Mohammad?? Why?! WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!?!?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sigh

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement