Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SoccerManager.com (#4) The Boards.ie World

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,050 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Can we buy from unmanaged clubs now?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

eh i dunno wrote: »
    Can we buy from unmanaged clubs now?

Nope. It's still turn 38 for a start. :pac:

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,220 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Earliest we can buy from unmanaged is next Tuesday the 14th, and only if Mac changes the rule straight away.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭baza Rakus

So we play the waiting game!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

Earliest we can buy from unmanaged is next Tuesday the 14th, and only if Mac changes the rule straight away.

More time for external bids so!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Is anyone else still using the old interface, despite it being apparently withdrawn on the 1st of this month? :pac: :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,140 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

A 500km trip from Genoa to Rome for tonight's Division 3 playoff final against unmanaged Wolfsburg.

I'd much rather be playing Estudiantes but it wasn't to be.

I never have much confidence against unmanaged, I am predicting penalty heartbreak.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭unkymo

baza Rakus wrote: »
    Suarez finally gets to 97
    Iniesta bumped to 95, harsh ...

Obviously I am not selling Saurez!

Checks bank account....270 million! Liverpool are going on a massive spending spree next week!

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭doc holliday

A 500km trip from Genoa to Rome for tonight's Division 3 playoff final against unmanaged Wolfsburg.

I'd much rather be playing Estudiantes but it wasn't to be.

I never have much confidence against unmanaged, I am predicting penalty heartbreak.

Played Wolfsburg in a friendly last night. set tackling to aggressive to see if I could break a few legs for ya, wasn't to be unfortunately. Best of luck anyway, and to Lazio and Sunderland.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

unkymo wrote: »
    Obviously I am not selling Saurez!

Checks bank account....270 million! Liverpool are going on a massive spending spree next week!

And is there a danger of liverpool doing a few deals with managed teams?

• Advertisement

Well it's now officially in the hands of the SM gods.... good luck with that!

I've come to terms with d2 football next seasons so meh.... d1 would be nice but not getting hopes up.... man for man, Sunderland have the stronger team

After a series of 5 ratings throughout the season Oblak with a MOTM performance comes good on spot kicks to send Lazio to the promised land next season!!!!!!!!!

D1 here we come!!!!!!

(Disclaimer... obviously all penalty kicks went to the keepers right hand side)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭Colemania

After a series of 5 ratings throughout the season Oblak with a MOTM performance comes good on spot kicks to send Lazio to the promised land next season!!!!!!!!!

D1 here we come!!!!!!

Congrats man!

Penalty heartache was predicted, but it was for Wolfsburg in the end. Genoa have been promoted via the playoffs for the second season in a row -winning 3-1 on penalties.

Having lost their highest rated player to a red card in the 15th minute and only having 1 shot on target in 120 mins of football the luck kept flowing even after missing their first two penalties in the shootout.

Their are no illusions on the difficulty of what lies ahead and substantial rebuilding is needed if Genoa are to survive a season in Division 2. In that regard the allowing of buying from unmanaged could not have been timed better.

However, in rather unexpected news the Genoa manager has given indications that he has some firm and exciting offers from clubs in Division 3 who see him as a prime candidate to lead them through the promotion gauntlet, but will put those to one side as he celebrates long into the night . . .

football-genoa-celeb-ac-milan_3238071.jpg?20141207172955

D1 here we come!!!!!!

Ah man ... now ive no one to do transfers with ... selling to ya in d2 and d3 was fine but now you are the enemy!! :D

Congrats all the same!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭mackeire

unkymo wrote: »

How the fcuk do you have that much?? I have about 12 and that's the most that i've had since the league started!!!

Probably pointless making any bids on the unmanaged players!

mackeire wrote: »
    How the fcuk do you have that much?? I have about 12 and that's the most that i've had since the league started!!!

I've scrimped and saved all season and have £60 million, i'll be lucky if i get anyone decent though!

mackeire wrote: »

Because Stevie G handed in a transfer request recently and got sold for 'big' money :p

I've scrimped and saved all season and have £60 million, i'll be lucky if i get anyone decent though!

you'll be lucking to get a 38 year old 86 rated goal keeper!! every player will be bought just for the sake of it!

Will the 'having only 1 active deal with a club rule' still be in place when buying from unmanaged is switched on? Hopefully it is because it should somewhat restrict the advantage that clubs with 270 million or so have.

• Advertisement

Will the 'having only 1 active deal with a club rule' still be in place when buying from unmanaged is switched on? Hopefully it is because it should somewhat restrict the advantage that clubs with 270 million or so have.

Yeah as far as I know that is across the board. That is my glimmer of hope!

It is still going to end up being a lottery though .... 30 of us could bid max bid on a DL... SM will then decide to sell to .... Bayern because 4 players over 90 that can cover that position means you are weak there and need another one ;)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

I didn't know that,be great if so.

Yeah as far as I know that is across the board. That is my glimmer of hope!

Cool, gives us all a fighting chance so

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭baza Rakus

You're gonna see a lot of block action, tactical voting and really annoying whining. Basically boards.ie is gonna Eurovision the ****e outta this Transfer Season.

Speaking of money....

Anyone know if there is cash for winning the playoffs? Thought there was when I won the d3 one... not 100% sure doh

A.FERNÁNDEZ, 29 year old, 87 rated Porto GK is available. Whack in a bid if you want him.
    Spartak Moscow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    It is still going to end up being a lottery though .... 30 of us could bid max bid on a DL... SM will then decide to sell to .... Bayern because 4 players over 90 that can cover that position means you are weak there and need another one ;)

Going by my season I'm weak everywhere :/

Have my eye on a few players but will be bidding on as many as possible, same as everyone else.

I wonder if I'll get my yearly 50m cash injection :D

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,220 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Everyone revealing their budgets and I'm just here like

S_qRy8zs.jpeg

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,472 ✭✭✭Comic Book Guy

Does this mean you can only bid on 1 player per unmanaged team or can ya bid on say 5 players at same time and cross your fingers 1 deal goes through?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement