Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SoccerManager.com (#4) The Boards.ie World

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,140 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

Does this mean you can only bid on 1 player per unmanaged team or can ya bid on say 5 players at same time and cross your fingers 1 deal goes through?

One active deal at a time.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

Everyone revealing their budgets and I'm just here like

S_qRy8zs.jpeg

I never divulged the fact that I had 27m going into this japanese car auction style bidding frenzy, I merely said that some funds were consumed on non-football related matters :p
    GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    My chairman told me that there was no prize money this season.... apparently high class hookers and coke arent cheap?!..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

KERSPLAT! wrote:
    I wonder if I'll get my yearly 50m cash injection

Ah yes..

Didn't City get 50 too when he got promoted!!!!!

Fingers crossed!!!!

One active deal at a time.

That's why there will be a fair chance most will improve their squads somehow, either by a little or a lot

That's why there will be a fair chance most will improve their squads somehow, either by a little or a lot

The fair chance is probably more down to the fact that NO ONE knows how SM decides where to send players in a bidding war ...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭doc holliday

The fair chance is probably more down to the fact that NO ONE knows how SM decides where to send players in a bidding war ...

This is very true but at least even SM can't decide to send all the Rangers players to the same team, there will be at least 7 or 8 different clubs getting a player. Still a lottery but just better odds than if the rule wasn't there

• Registered Users Posts: 3,472 ✭✭✭Comic Book Guy

Congrats to Lazio on what felt like an inevitable promotion this season, quality squad there that will do very well next season.

Also to Genoa on back to back promotions, takes a special manager to do that ;)

And lastly to Urs Fischer (COM) on the sterling job he did on bringing Basel to Division 3!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,140 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

Congrats to Lazio on what felt like an inevitable promotion this season, quality squad there that will do very well next season.

Also to Genoa on back to back promotions, takes a special manager to do that ;)

And lastly to Urs Fischer (COM) on the sterling job he did on bringing Basel to Division 3!

I don't often blow my own trumpet but will while I can, I am now a double back to back promotion manager - having done the same with Sporting.

It feels better at Genoa though, but I don't think I will be enjoying next season :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭mackeire

Ah yes..

Didn't City get 50 too when he got promoted!!!!!

Fingers crossed!!!!

i got promoted a couple of seasons ago to D1 with Moscow and didn't get a penny

• Registered Users Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭richieffff

Do deals go through in order that they are made? As in I bid on three players with only enough for one of them and I win all three will the earliest bid go through?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

richieffff wrote: »
    Do deals go through in order that they are made? As in I bid on three players with only enough for one of them and I win all three will the earliest bid go through?

Yes, unless the bids are made very close to each other, as there may be slight variances where deals get accepted and completed.

As Courtois has been making the 'yaRn reTry' moves around the club. That is bedding a team mates missus and also making moves on his brother missus ... Management at FCP have decided to send him to Italy where such behavior accepted and considered part of the daily life at a top football club.

Mr Napoli ... Pleasure doing business.

• Registered Users Posts: 637 ✭✭✭gerp99

I've 80 mill and want a gk. That's it, not much to ask. Anything else will be random youths. Can't be arsed bidding on 90 rated players to sit on the bench and get concerns

gerp99 wrote:
    Can't be arsed bidding on 90 rated players to sit on the bench and get concerns

Exactly!

The only problem with this is SM said that concerns rates would be increased.....

I see nothing of the sort, still takes 2-3 seasons far as I can tell

Complete deal which sees Carrasco land at porto at 05:30...

Gets +1 @ 07:30 :D

Thanks SM!

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,220 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

gerp99 wrote: »
    I've 80 mill and want a gk. That's it, not much to ask. Anything else will be random youths. Can't be arsed bidding on 90 rated players to sit on the bench and get concerns

Note to self: buy all goalkeepers

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

Note to self: buy all goalkeepers

Damn you have the same plan too

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭baza Rakus

Lads does anyone know what teams/leagues are up for review next?? They're not all done are they?

baza Rakus wrote: »
    Lads does anyone know what teams/leagues are up for review next?? They're not all done are they?

I think they are doing Brazil but all major leagues are done id say

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

gerp99 wrote: »

Will Calleri get a rise? Surely he is at least an 88

• Advertisement

gerp99 wrote:

It does seem like they are reviewing Brazil right now, usually it's Portugal after Spain (for some unknown reason) hope they haven't skipped Portugal!

Danilo needs his 89!

Lads I feel an enforced holiday coming quite soon so I'll chat with ye later!

Enjoy buying (or lack there of) from unmanaged!

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭irishgoldberg

Lads I feel an enforced holiday coming quite soon so I'll chat with ye later!

Enjoy buying (or lack there of) from unmanaged!

But you are only saying what a lot of people are thinking on the other thread???

But you are only saying what a lot of people are thinking on the other thread???

Yeah but can't answer a Mod when bolded.... ever

Apparently

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

I'll only know one thread.

As Courtois has been making the 'yaRn reTry' moves around the club. That is bedding a team mates missus and also making moves on his brother missus ... Management at FCP have decided to send him to Italy where such behavior accepted and considered part of the daily life at a top football club.

Mr Napoli ... Pleasure doing business.

So young Carrasco is after settling in well ... He told the lads anyone scores a goal can maul the face off his missus at the sideline ... Ter Stegen queried what he would have to do to get a shift off her whereas Deulofue wondered what was on offer for a Hattrick :D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Yeah but can't answer a Mod when bolded.... ever

Apparently

Tupac, I'm issuing a yellow. Not because you've responded to a mod warning (which is a boards-wide issue, not just something in the SM Charter), but because you then proceeded to drag it cross topic and continue moaning about it. Its only serving to disrupt not just the other thread but this one too. Worse, comments about "going on holidays" basically means you know you're breaking the charter but are opting to post such comments anyway.

It's not going to be a ban, mind, cause you've not picked up a card here for over a year, and the charter says its based on a far-shorter window. But I'm writing this message here as a final warning; as per the charter, if you have a problem with a mod warning, PM the mods. Do not look to engage in public moaning threads in an attempt to disrupt everything.

(And in case this goes without saying, do not respond to this warning either; PM me if you want to discuss it further.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭baza Rakus

This website is HILARIOUS. I gotta say - oceans of fun.

Borussia Dortmund were beaten 3 - 2 by Barcelona.

Subotić and Vardy were amongst the goalscorers.

Borussia Dortmund have been awarded £10,000,000 in prize money.

Good to get a few bob ahead of the big spending splurge (even if it is a consolation prize)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,050 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Did someone say Kante was available? Wasn't me but plenty of bids coming in. Would want to be some offer to tempt me.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,220 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Johannes Eggestein goes to Benfica, nice one :)

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement