Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SoccerManager.com (#4) The Boards.ie World

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

from the first XI, Ronaldo and de Gea got +1, Pique -1.

A few other moves for a few fringe players

• Registered Users Posts: 14,140 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

Through to the semi final of the Shield, a bye in the first round, then won on penalties in all of the next 3 rounds :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,472 ✭✭✭Comic Book Guy

Through to the semi final of the Shield, a bye in the first round, then won on penalties in all of the next 3 rounds :D

Up against you next mate after Hannover's bench warmers claimed a second division 1 scalp with a famous 4 3 victory over Hamburg :)
    Down to Spurs against 3 division 3 teams, surely they can't lose (jinx!!)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

You know you are unpopular when a manager would rather take a 1.4m hit and sell to an unmanaged team instead of you :pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

You know you are unpopular when a manager would rather take a 1.4m hit and sell to an unmanaged team instead of you :pac::pac:

Who, what, when ... where?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Burlap_Sack

Ha sorry man, thought it was your bid I accepted. Lucky you said it. Fire in a new bid there.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,454 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Up against you next mate after Hannover's bench warmers claimed a second division 1 scalp with a famous 4 3 victory over Hamburg :)
    Down to Spurs against 3 division 3 teams, surely they can't lose (jinx!!)

Shut up, shut up, shut up. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

There was a tense atmosphere at the San Mames II Stadium after an impromptu press was called by eccentric manager Hercule Poirot. Arriving without any fanfare and dressed in a sombre outfit of black trousers and red shirt he gave the following statement:

"Yesterday I made a henious accusation. I accused another manager of attempting to get one over on me and publicly denounced him for it. Burlap Sack was swift to correct my misinterpretation of the situation and proceeded to try and rectify the matter to my advantage. However, upon closer examination of the facts it appears that I have made a fool of myself and my beloved football club. It turns out that player, of whom the furore surrounded, was not the player I was looking for - in a case of mistaken identity I besmirched the good name of Burlap Sack for no valid reason. I have apologised to the man in person and he has been kind enough to accept my apology."

With his head bowed M. Poirot stood from behind the press table and moved to the area infront of the press. He then ripped open his shirt to reveal a Nirvana inspired "I Hate Myself and I Want To Die" T-shirt. While repeatedly screaming "I have no soul!" he produced a whip and appeared to flaggelate himself before being removed by security. The last sound heard by the press party was M. Poirot giggling hysterically as the club doctor administered a light sedative.

There was a tense atmosphere at the San Mames II Stadium after an impromptu press was called by eccentric manager Hercule Poirot. Arriving without any fanfare and dressed in a sombre outfit of black trousers and red shirt he gave the following statement:

"Yesterday I made a henious accusation. I accused another manager of attempting to get one over on me and publicly denounced him for it. Burlap Sack was swift to correct my misinterpretation of the situation and proceeded to try and rectify the matter to my advantage. However, upon closer examination of the facts it appears that I have made a fool of myself and my beloved football club. It turns out that player, of whom the furore surrounded, was not the player I was looking for - in a case of mistaken identity I besmirched the good name of Burlap Sack for no valid reason. I have apologised to the man in person and he has been kind enough to accept my apology."

With his head bowed M. Poirot stood from behind the press table and moved to the area infront of the press. He then ripped open his shirt to reveal a Nirvana inspired "I Hate Myself and I Want To Die" T-shirt. While repeatedly screaming "I have no soul!" he produced a whip and appeared to flaggelate himself before being removed by security. The last sound heard by the press party was M. Poirot giggling hysterically as the club doctor administered a light sedative.

I want to see the documentary when the science boffins finally catch up with you and use your body and mind for extensive probing to try and discover what happens in ur brain :p

In light of recent events Denys Garmash is available.... 88 and 24 years young.

• Advertisement

Give that man a medal and someone make a movie of that press conference....

Genius.

Lads, I dont have the cash to fix Kivrak's concerns, so would like to do a swap for a similar rated GK if possible (or if there's a decent enough p/e offer).

Not trying to open old wounds or anything, but does that not negate the system of concerns in the game?

How are the 'lesser' teams meant to pick up decent players if the 'concerns' system isn't making them available?

In a less populated gameworld, I can see how the affect of this would be minimal, but with so many teams here taken, a 'lesser' team might be opportune and make a reasonable offer when a player is on Lvl4 and get a 'bargain'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Whilst morally it may be wrong we've been over this before! If lads wana swap players too avoid concerns then by all means do BUT do not come here and complain when players rise/fall whilst on loan and the chairman refuses too allow ye too swap back, or if a manager refuses too sell a player back, or a manager moves clubs/quits and the newer manager refuses too sell back "your" player, I can't enforce rules that forbid players from swapping players in the same way I can't do anything If a swap loan deal goes belly up!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,050 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Lost 3-0 to arsenal. Really in trouble now at the bottom

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    How are the 'lesser' teams meant to pick up decent players if the 'concerns' system isn't making them available?

To be blunt, the concerns of "lesser" teams aren't really my concern when it comes to my backup goalkeeper; i need to make sure if anything happens Lloris, I have a decent one, so my main priority is getting the best deal out of my players for me. If he goes for nothing, then I've lost something I could avoid losing.

Anyway, when I say "swap", I genuinely don't mind a permanent deal; Athletic Club and Cruzerio have dropped in bids now, and am considering both. Will accept one unless someone else wants to drop one in. One way or the other, he's heading out the door.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Anyway, when I say "swap", I genuinely don't mind a permanent deal; Athletic Club and Cruzerio have dropped in bids now, and am considering both. Will accept one unless someone else wants to drop one in. One way or the other, he's heading out the door.

So your transfer listing a player for P/E of a player who plays in his position! Rules aren't even been slightly bent here excuse my last long winded post ha ha!

• Registered Users Posts: 637 ✭✭✭gerp99

Manchester City slumped to a 2 - 1 defeat to SSC Napoli in their Division 1 fixture.
    Higuaín was on the scoresheet for his side.

3 losses and 3 draws is my record against Napoli. I hate you :P

Most of the pace setters lost bar Roma so not too bad.

3pts closer to safety!

FC Porto outclassed Manchester United and beat them 1 - 0 in their Division 1 fixture.
    Matić had an impressive game and was voted Man of the Match.
    Lallana was on the scoresheet for his side.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

1-1 away to Inter, I'll take a point there!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

My score anyone, thanks

KERSPLAT! wrote: »
    My score anyone, thanks

Probably should stay logged off more oftern ....

Bayern München 4 - 0 AC Milan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Nice. I get on during the day in work but not in the evenings

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Celtic beat Rangers 1 - 0 in their Division 4 fixture.
    Quagliarella scored the winner for Celtic and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

With that win over Rangers i move up to 1st.

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭irishgoldberg

1-1 away to Inter, I'll take a point there!

Iv still to beat u in any league we r in!!

Another injury to a left back..... Grrr

Still, won 2-0 with 742 shots on target.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭swoody

54596967.jpg

baby-monitor-crying-modern-family.gif

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Málaga CF beat RSC Anderlecht 4 - 1 in their Division 4 fixture.
    Muriel scored a goal and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.
    Costa and Van Wolfswinkel were also amongst the goalscorers.

My team finally clicked. Now just watch them "unclick" on Sunday! :rolleyes::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭JamboMac

Nice to win again and against second placed zenit, only Ajax kept the pressure on this weekend.

Paris Saint-Germain beat Zenit 2 - 0 in their Division 2 fixture.
    Clichy had an impressive game and was voted Man of the Match.
    Ménez and Maxwell were amongst the goalscorers.

• Advertisement

[IMG][/img]2dlufcn.png

Whatttt???

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement