Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SoccerManager.com (#4) The Boards.ie World

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭baza Rakus

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    Guys,

just to put everybodies mind at ease ...

On the old site these are the settings for the GW:

Setting | Value
    Economy Level| Strong Economy
    Player can develop concerns| YES
    SMFA monitoring transfers on| NO
    Can only offer cash to clubs in deals| NO
    Buying from Unmanaged Clubs| NOT ALLOWED
    Buying from External Clubs| ALLOWED
    No buying over the age of| ANY AGE ALLOWED
    No buying players rated over |ANY RATING ALLOWED
    Cannot do cash transfers over| ANY LIMIT ALLOWED
    Transfer window| Transfers can take place at anytime throughout the season.
    Can only buy players with the same nationality as your club| NO
    Manager sacked if they finish in bottom: |NO MANAGERS SACKED
    Manager must login to this Game World at least every | 14 days

Unless I'm mistaken ... that is set correctly, my suspicions about MrHeineken seem to be correct and he is still celebrating the Wes goal somewhere :p
    Has buying from Unmanageds been turned on? Why can I only bid for players same nationality as my club. Shirley this is a bug!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭Colemania

If anyone has any Newcastle players, lock them up now because GTI is on the rampage signing all of his beloved Newcastle players. Then again, it's Newcastle........so ya you're better off selling them :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

Sssssh ... you've just inflated their prices!!! :mad:

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭JamboMac

baza Rakus wrote: »
    Has buying from Unmanageds been turned on? Why can I only bid for players same nationality as my club. Shirley this is a bug!

This only because buying from unmanaged clubs is not allowed somebody didn't fix the sentence in the soccer manager code. You can buy any nationality just as long as they aren't in an unmanaged clubs.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

Colemania wrote: »
    If anyone has any Newcastle players, lock them up now because GTI is on the rampage signing all of his beloved Newcastle players. Then again, it's Newcastle........so ya you're better off selling them :D

I call shenanigans on this! He was offered a Newcastle player earlier today and turned his arse to it! Shenanigans I say!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

Colemania wrote:
    If anyone has any Newcastle players, lock them up now because GTI is on the rampage signing all of his beloved Newcastle players. Then again, it's Newcastle........so ya you're better off selling them

Why would anyone have one of them?

I call shenanigans on this! He was offered a Newcastle player earlier today and turned his arse to it! Shenanigans I say!

Sissoko .... doesnt fall in the category of 'player'

Aaaaaaand might have other plans for the man u were after ;)

Congrats to Swoody and Germany ...

My Spanish lads have no idea what happened!

How's everyone's starting XI looking for Sunday? I had planned to bring in 1 or 2 first teamers to improve my first XI, especially now that gerrard got a - 1, so I'll probably have to wait until ganeweek 2 now

• Registered Users Posts: 3,472 ✭✭✭Comic Book Guy

How's everyone's starting XI looking for Sunday? I had planned to bring in 1 or 2 first teamers to improve my first XI, especially now that gerrard got a - 1, so I'll probably have to wait until ganeweek 2 now

Nice subtle dig!

• Advertisement

Work in progress...

loading_spinner.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

No changes :D negotiations under way on one or two deals but I'm not sure what'll come of it.

If anyone is interested in anyone at Bayern, hit me up by PM, chat is usually not working

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭swoody

Congrats to Swoody and Germany ...

My Spanish lads have no idea what happened!
    Men against Boys.....

Back2Back World Champions baby!
    I might as well retire from international football now

KERSPLAT! wrote: »
    No changes :D negotiations under way on one or two deals but I'm not sure what'll come of it.

If anyone is interested in anyone at Bayern, hit me up by PM, chat is usually not working

FYI PM envelope is not displaying the little red number with new PMs

Nice subtle dig!

Not so subtle now :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

swoody wrote: »
    Men against Boys.....

Back2Back World Champions baby!
    I might as well retire from international football now

Now go try and win it with Ecuador. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭TheGunns

Anyone with a striker or central defender available?

TheGunns wrote:

Gary Doherty is your man! He can play both!

#biguselessf******donkey

Are we getting the buying from un-managed turned on?

People have sold players for cash to get a bit of a war chest together for this, it would be very harsh on these managers if somehow un-managed buying managed to stay off.

I'm using the new site for a while now and checked my own GW yesterday ... the effort to get this turned on is < 1min.

Lets get this sorted, it was voted for and then postponed by a season so people would be able to sell (The bigger teams didn't need to sell so much as they are sitting on piles of cash) to gather cash ...

If this was missed I think it could kill off a fair few managers interest in the GW.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭richieffff

TheGunns wrote: »
    Which team are you?

• Advertisement

richieffff wrote: »
    Which team are you?

medium.png?1326423628

GT_TDI_150 wrote:
    People have sold players for cash to get a bit of a war chest together for this, it would be very harsh on these managers if somehow un-managed buying managed to stay off.

Worse than that, the damage has pretty much been done as it stands....

I'm guessing almost every manager had their eye on 2-3 players at any one club, which means 2-3 (if not more) ROUNDS of initial bids, all of which many were counting on before the opening game if the season.

Even if it's turned on right now, this second.... it's too late for that

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭PaddyWilliams

Are we getting the buying from un-managed turned on?

I'm using the new site for a while now and checked my own GW yesterday ... the effort to get this turned on is < 1min.

Lets get this sorted, it was voted for and then postponed by a season so people would be able to sell (The bigger teams didn't need to sell so much as they are sitting on piles of cash) to gather cash ...

If this was missed I think it could kill off a fair few managers interest in the GW.

Have to agree. It's very hard to buy players on here, especially when you don't have much to offer in return, player wise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

As I've said previously it will be done before Sunday. You cannot make these changes on the touch site and I've no laptop to log on with at the minute. I've countless other things that occupy my time and I'm sorry I'm not online 24/7 to do so. As I've said previously I logged on a few days ago and I couldn't make the changes until the next turn. I logged in Wednesday and the game acted the prick( as several posters here confirmed) I didn't get on a laptop yesterday and here we are with the doom merchants out in force cuz I wasn't online in 24 hours!!! Give it a rest!

MrMac84 wrote: »
    As I've said previously it will be done before Sunday. You cannot make these changes on the touch site and I've no laptop to log on with at the minute. I've countless other things that occupy my time and I'm sorry I'm not online 24/7 to do so. As I've said previously I logged on a few days ago and I couldn't make the changes until the next turn. I logged in Wednesday and the game acted the prick( as several posters here confirmed) I didn't get on a laptop yesterday and here we are with the doom merchants out in force cuz I wasn't online in 24 hours!!! Give it a rest!

I accept no one should be expected to be on 24/7.

Just as an FYI, i think these changes can be made on the mobile site though

=======================
    4 colored globes on the top

Go to the white globe

Pick the gw and select admin

Click the list icon on the top (4th)

Make change + save changes
    ========================

Havent actually saved a change but i was able to do all the above without saving

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

Sissoko .... doesnt fall in the category of 'player'

Aaaaaaand might have other plans for the man u were after ;)

Well what is he then? An electrician?

Well what is he then? An electrician?

I hope not ... wouldnt live in a house he's wired :D

A bit of an N'zogbia about him... wanted out of Newcastle to join a big club and ended up at Villa .... apparently WBA are after Sissoko.

You cannot make these changes on the touch site!

Funny, I did and it only took 30 seconds

Touch site home page, select the white world icon and then admin option for whatever GW you want....

Then the last icon... looks like 4 broken bars...

Select your change and save...

Literally 30 seconds

• Advertisement

Touch site home page, select the white world icon and then admin option for whatever GW you want....

Then the last icon... looks like 4 broken bars...

Select your change and save...

Literally 30 seconds

Ya but how long does it take while drunk :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement