Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SoccerManager.com (#4) The Boards.ie World

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭mackeire

TheGunns wrote: »
    I'm in the GW but getting errors all over the place

you should probably wait for a couple of days til it's fixed ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭Colemania

It'll be interesting to see what kind of players people sign. First teamers and youths would be what I'd expect but to some of the big teams, squad players for them are first teamers for others so hopefully they're not all snapped up!

• Registered Users Posts: 637 ✭✭✭gerp99

Colemania wrote:
    It'll be interesting to see what kind of players people sign. First teamers and youths would be what I'd expect but to some of the big teams, squad players for them are first teamers for others so hopefully they're not all snapped up!

Colemania wrote:

I've bid on loads but I don't have as much money as some teams so I'll be with drawing bids once they are accepted. Big decisions ahead

gerp99 wrote: »
    I've bid on loads but I don't have as much money as some teams so I'll be with drawing bids once they are accepted. Big decisions ahead

Same as myself, I've bid about 10 times my budget.

Thats mad money spent on Shelvey and Dos Santos and I sold them for half that! Sound lads :(

• Advertisement

Colemania wrote:
    Thats mad money spent on Shelvey and Dos Santos and I sold them for half that! Sound lads

I would have giving u that for dos santos but never knew he was for sale

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Worst thing being a minnow is with only being able to bid on 1 or 2 players,if they aren't successfull then will have missed out on the rest.

gerp99 wrote: »
    I would have giving u that for dos santos but never knew he was for sale

No excuses on shelvey but ya I should have let people more aware that Dos Santos was for sale. He was listed a while anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭JamboMac

PerrinV2 wrote: »
    Worst thing being a minnow is with only being able to bid on 1 or 2 players,if they aren't successfull then will have missed out on the rest.

I can't bid on any soccer manager errors won't let me in.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Mainly focusing on squad players and kids. At the same time, I will be avoiding bidding wars where possible.

• Advertisement

I'm being very optimistic and trying to not max bid so i can get a few players but i feel i'll miss out on a few due to that so i've max bid on some of my main targets. Bidding 27 million for 1 player that isn't even rated 90+!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

Sorry bout that lads ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭irishgoldberg

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    Sorry bout that lads ;)

:(

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Colemania wrote: »
    I'm being very optimistic and trying to not max bid so i can get a few players but i feel i'll miss out on a few due to that so i've max bid on some of my main targets. Bidding 27 million for 1 player that isn't even rated 90+!!

I have max bid on 2 players, but the rest I've kept bids low. Granted, I'm unopposed on most of them and will increase on some if nessecary. But there's a few where, if I got one, I won't need another, so to speak.

I think the issue is that the final awarding of the player to a club is a lottery ... you could pull from a few offers and not get the ones you left / wanted.

You could leave in the 20 bids you made, win 18 and just be able to afford 4, the game will randomly pick 4 and assign them to you

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,220 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Bids in, tomorrow should be fun

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

I'm half cut with no bids in :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,140 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

KERSPLAT! wrote: »
    I'm half cut with no bids in :rolleyes:

I'm full cut with loads of bids in.

Im just buzzing!!!

And bidding mad.

I await all the last minute lazio bids tonight from a drunken tupac :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

I'm waiting for all my bids to be rejected along with a picture of a stuck up middle finger aimed towards me.

Can ya imagine the number of messages tupac will have on his SM inbox in this GW

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    Can ya imagine the number of messages tupac will have on his SM inbox in this GW

He must have seen them, he's bidding on players on his wedding day!!!!! Tupac wait til your new wife finds out!!!! :)

phone under the table I suppose or the aul "I just need to pop to the jax for 5mins honeybunch" :D

He must have seen them, he's bidding on players on his wedding day!!!!! Tupac wait til your new wife finds out!!!!

Haha some man. That's commitment lads 😂

Cruzeiro: Squad
    Full Team (124)
    First Team (5)
    Youth Team (119)

Do Cruzeiro really only have 5 first team players or is that a feck up on the site?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

mackeire wrote: »
    Cruzeiro: Squad
    Full Team (124)
    First Team (5)
    Youth Team (119)

Do Cruzeiro really only have 5 first team players or is that a feck up on the site?

Five? Last time I checked Brozovic was there only first teamer!

It's basically just a reflection of the managers superb youth policy.

I'm guessing the Chelsea and Sevilla managers hadn't realised that Anderlecht had been taken over by a human manager? :pac:

Wilberto wrote: »
    I'm guessing the Chelsea and Sevilla managers hadn't realised that Anderlecht had been taken over by a human manager? :pac:

:( now I feel a bit silly.

• Advertisement

Guys ...

Due to the nature of how SM accepts bids when there are multiple bids of equal value on a player and how it subsequently picks a winning bid, I am going to leave all my bids in place unless I'm clearly not the winning bidder or feel I've misjudge and dont need the player - withdrawing bids on 2 out of 3 bids on GK if I needed a GK would be mad as I don't know which bidding war I'm most likely to win.

What I will commit to is that if I had bids on e.g. 3 similar players and happen to win 3 but only needed 1 ... I will sell the 'leftover' players as soon as the bans are up for cash.

To me, the point of turning buying from unmanaged on was to awaken the transfer market, rekindle peoples interest in the GW, it has partially done it already with people selling players for cash to get a kitty ready.
    I think it would be hypocritical of me to then try trade the players I got from unmanaged for part exchange.

So in the unlikely event that I win bidding on more than the players I need I will sell them on after TBs finish for cash.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement