Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SoccerManager.com (#4) The Boards.ie World

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

So, how many bids to teams have in, and how much is everyone over budget? :D :pac:

Hopefully I get a decent centre back and a decent forward I'll be happy.

Actually, all I really need is a decent centre back (or two) but a forward would be a very welcome addition. :):)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

11 bids in, total of 104m. So about 10m over budget, plus I know someone some cash in a deal agreed for a few days from now.

Don't expect to get half of the players though. 70m is spread over 4 of the 11 players. But unopposed on bout half of them, so fingers crossed.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,050 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

I'll probably do well to get one player. Only have 30m.have made about 20 bids so here's hoping.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭Colemania

It's fair to say Spartak Moscow are going the pensioners route :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

I've only €480 million

• Advertisement

MrMac84 wrote: »
    I've only €480 million

I genuinley do lads so I'm max bidding everyone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

I genuinley do lads so I'm max bidding everyone

So am I :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭mackeire

Colemania wrote: »
    It's fair to say Spartak Moscow are going the pensioners route :D

Just preparing for the future ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,472 ✭✭✭Comic Book Guy

As Homer Simpson once said "And now we play the waiting game......the waiting game sucks"!!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I've withdrawn a few bids where others were bidding too, since I was min bidding on them. At the same time, I upped to max bid on one or two players as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

LOL at bayern...

Lahm, Alaba, Dave and bernat in the squad ... still bidding on DLs :D

All of which can play elsewhere :)

It's a bit annoying having bids in for fairly weak players who would still improve a weak teams first 11 only to see the big teams come in with bids on them. These players wouldn't even make their reserve team, nevermind their starting 11. It's pure greed I say, pure greed!!!

Tough really. This is what we said would happen. I'm going in for whatever players I can. They'll be used as either back up, first team when I shift another player out or for trading down the line. I'd love tom see them at all the Div 3-4 teams, unfortunately there's no way to ensure that happens

• Registered Users Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

Colemania wrote:
    Ha poor tupac

Why?

Got all my bids in! Lol!!!!!

He must have seen them, he's bidding on players on his wedding day!!!!! Tupac wait til your new wife finds out!!!!

Snuck out!!!! Mu ha ha!!!! Breakfast in bed and SM bids done!

Ah the life of a husband!!! Not all that bad!

I want to quote 'The inbetweener' for what you should be doing but i feel that might be disrespectfull to your bride ;)

I think most are bidding for what they need.

Ive already said in the unlikely event i end up with more than i need ill move em on again for cash.

I wont be looking for part ex players on anyone i got in the sales

Good for you, a true gent :)

Wasn't the whole point of this to keep managers interested and maybe Get a few new managers involved? All that will happen is the bigger teams get more players that aren't needed and the smaller teams will be trying to fight each other for the sh1te that's left over until a big team comes in for the sh1te as well.

• Advertisement

mackeire wrote: »
    Wasn't the whole point of this to keep managers interested and maybe Get a few new managers involved? All that will happen is the bigger teams get more players that aren't needed and the smaller teams will be trying to fight each other for the sh1te that's left over until a big team comes in for the sh1te as well.

yup!!

The majority spoke and the vote happened. No point debating it now

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭JamboMac

I've only bid on 5 and have max bid on everybody. It's funny how we all max bid but still feel the need to hide our bids.

Probably won't get any of the players, but like all the big clubs it won't be the end of the world.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,488 ✭✭✭Ordinary man

I'm going down the prudent road, trying not to get caught in bidding wars. So when all the big teams get players with concerns in a few weeks i can swoop in :P:P:P

yup!!

The majority spoke and the vote happened. No point debating it now

Why not? So you can bid on every player in the game world with your 480 million and not have anything said to you when someone is pi55ed off that you bought a player for the sake of buying him while another team could have genuinely needed that player!

Just because the vote etc happened months ago, doesn't mean it still can't be talked about now. Infact, this is a good time to talk about it as it's going on at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭Colemania

All this talk of max bids doesn't bode well for the smaller teams! If I max bid for 2 players for my first team, that's me finished and i'll have a pretty small first team squad of 87+ players. Sure we'll see!

Im inclined not to want to get into a 5 page debate on this as you'll get "i told ya this would happen" (while they are doing what hey predicted themselves).

So each to their own imo.

PS
    Fair play to Spurs for only going after what he feels he needs ( as i remember him being a advocate of 'if it gets turned on im buying who ever i can')

I'm going down the prudent road, trying not to get caught in bidding wars. So when all the big teams get players with concerns in a few weeks i can swoop in

This is THE major advantage of turning it on...

It's miles down the road you will see the benefits...

Anyhow anyone I've bid on is max cash bid, I'm just going to bid for whoever I want and let the chips fall...

Should have a nice knock on effect in the market should I land a few targets!

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭irishgoldberg

Just wait for the honeymoon to be over, then reality sets in!

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭irishgoldberg

Iv only one bid on a player that would make my 1st team, if I get him il withdraw from my other bids.

• Advertisement

To be quite honest there are only two players I want but if I don't get them, and it is likely, I need other bids in to cover.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement