Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SoccerManager.com (#4) The Boards.ie World

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

I'm going down the prudent road, trying not to get caught in bidding wars. So when all the big teams get players with concerns in a few weeks i can swoop in :P:P:P
    Thats optimistic.

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭modo85

I was in the corner of not turning it on, I thought if it was being turned on there should be certain ideas drafted up to ensure fairness across the board. We had a poll, the yes corner won so we must respect the decision of the majority as it was conducted fairly and in fairness to the yes corner they gave us ample to to try raise funds.

No one would of had lesser valued players than my club cruzeiro but I had to deal with that and reluctantly sell an awful lot of talented youngsters for cash. Throw into that a WEEKLY debt of -900k and a generous starting season fund of 1 mill from my chairman and I still managed to raise 48 million for the sales.

I can see why the top teams are bidding on high rated players that wouldn't get into their team and I agree with them because they've also been starved of high rated players to bid on between clubs not selling and no high rated externals so why should these lads who are constantly active in the transfer market sit back and watch lads that have been extremely quiet in the market come in and take these players and inevitably go back into the wilderness outside the transfer market and sit on the same first team players for the next 3 seasons hoping for the odd rise

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    PS
    Fair play to Spurs for only going after what he feels he needs ( as i remember him being a advocate of 'if it gets turned on im buying who ever i can')

As much as I'd like to take the applause, I have to admit that it's more a side effect of "only" having 100m. There's a few 87s-88s I put min bids in on in hopes I could get them, but once I see other teams coming in, I've backed out because I don't want to get into bidding wars on those sorts of players. I've also prioritised a few players who I was unopposed on last night but woke to find other bids on; I've increased some players to max bids.

I have five players who I have max bids on now, but all have other suitors on them so I would imagine thats a dice throw. All five would strengthen my squad and get game time. I have three players I have min bids on, but two of them have other people bidding on them. (Actually, I'm pulling out of those two bids now; so one 88 I'm currently unopposed on).

If I had more money, I'd be throwing bids in more, but there's a prioritization going on at the moment. I would personally have no problems with anyone making any bids possible though; the "Leave it off" side of things were quite open with the ideology that if it was turned on, it would be the big clubs hovering up talents.

Ultimately, everyone has to play within the rules and has a duty to take care of their own teams, and make their own teams as strong as possible. Hopefully, it will trickle down in time. But for now, it looks like it will be the bigger teams that take advantage in round one.

Personally, if I was a "smaller" team, I'd be focusing on nabbing as many 87s-88s who could rise as quickly as possible, and any youth players who will be popular, while the "bigger" teams battle it out for the 90s....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,488 ✭✭✭Ordinary man

PerrinV2 wrote: »
    Thats optimistic.

When your first team is as bad as mine(compared to most) and cash is scarce then optimism is the only job. Someday we will conquer div 1 and you'll see:D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

When your first team is as bad as mine(compared to most) and cash is scarce then optimism is the only job. Someday we will conquer div 1 and you'll see:D

Have you any use for an 87 dc? I just acceptes a bid on duarte from external .... he's urz for the same money.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,488 ✭✭✭Ordinary man

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    Have you any use for an 87 dc? I just acceptes a bid on duarte from external .... he's urz for the same money.

No, i'm loaded with 87 dc's atm. Thanks anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

First round of bids accepted yeah??

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭irishgoldberg

First round of bids accepted yeah??

All my bids were max bids, along with about 15 max bids from other clubs. Iv about 20 bids on players so the odds are I get 1 of them.

Probably the 80 rated youngster :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

I'm just gonna leave them all and see how it goes :D

Bolding the highest bids. Obviously, more than this. This just the ones I have shortlisted.

Goncalves Jonas -
    Tottenham Hotspur - 10.6M - Accepted.
    Udinese Calcio - 7.5M - Accepted.
    Zenit - 10.6M - Accepted.

Surprised there wasnt more interest in a 90 rated striker...

Steve Mandana

Manchester City - 30.0M - Accepted.
    Udinese Calcio - 20.0M - Accepted.
    Tottenham Hotspur - 30.0M - Accepted.
    RCD Espanyol - 25.5M - Accepted.
    Manchester United - 30.0M - Accepted.
    Borussia Dortmund - 30.0M - Accepted.

Olympique Marseille - 17.4M - Accepted.

Andrea Pirlo

Everton - 3.1M - Accepted.
    Spartak Moskva - 3.1M - Accepted.
    Tottenham Hotspur - 3.1M - Accepted.
    Estudiantes de LP - 3.1M - Accepted.
    Boca Juniors - 3.1M - Accepted.
    RCD Espanyol - 3.1M - Accepted.
    Aston Villa - 3.1M - Accepted.
    Málaga CF - 3.1M - Accepted.
    Manchester United - 3.1M - Accepted.

God knows where he's off too...

Gary Cahill
    Liverpool - 27.3M - Accepted.
    ACF Fiorentina - 27.3M - Accepted.
    SL Benfica - 27.3M - Accepted.

Anzhi Makhachkala - 23.7M - Accepted.
    Athletic Club - 20.0M - Accepted.
    FC Schalke 04 - 27.3M - Accepted.
    AC Milan - 27.3M - Accepted.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,220 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

I have the highest/only bids accepted for Ighalo, Manuel Pasqual and Koen Casteels.

Given I've bidded nearly twice my budget though they could still collapse depending on how the other deals go.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

Two more...

Ryan Shawcross

Tottenham Hotspur - 5.7M - Accepted.

Quite happy to nab a solid 88 defender for so little. Given I'm about to lose a defender next week in a deal, this is an easy replacement.

Wilfred Bony

Sevilla - 15.0M - Accepted.
    Boca Juniors - 23.3M - Accepted.
    FC Schalke 04 - 23.3M - Accepted.
    AC Milan - 23.3M - Accepted.
    Borussia Dortmund - 23.3M - Accepted.
    SSC Napoli - 23.3M - Accepted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭richieffff

How'd I manage to get the 3 and seven mixed up on my Cahill bid :pac:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Load of max bids on Pereyra and Bakambu too,surely the team that just got promoted for div4 should get them over these div 1 teams right........:rolleyes::(

• Registered Users Posts: 12,050 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Just withdrew any bids that were below max bids. Still in for about 7 players. 2/3 would be nice. Think Dier is the one everyone wants

I'm

1 of 11 max bids on Sahin
    1 of 14 max bids on Parejo
    1 of 8 max bids on Kokorin
    1 of 4 max bids on Kjaer
    1 o 11 max bids on Pereyra
    1 of 19 max bids on Rudiger
    1 of 5 max bids on Rose

might as well buy a lotto ticket too

Tom Cleverly

Shakhtar Donetsk - 6.3M - Accepted.
    Aston Villa - 6.4M - Accepted.
    West Bromwich Albion - 6.4M - Accepted.

According to the feed, West Brom bid 26k more than Villa, so look to have won.

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Tom Cleverly

Happy days!! What was I thinking?

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Tom Cleverly

eh i dunno wrote: »
    Happy days!! What was I thinking?

reminds me of this ....

UgR8kVg.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭JamboMac

Grand got maxim koval for 2.8 million no chance on chadli since I left it 800,000 light. The rest is a crap shoot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭Colemania

Winning none of my bids and even being beaten by externals for players that nobody was going for. I think I'll be doing a Panathinaikos and waiting for the other teams to sell players with concerns or players they don't want anymore!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭JamboMac

Colemania wrote: »
    Winning none of my bids and even being beaten by externals for players that nobody was going for. I think I'll be doing a Panathinaikos and waiting for the other teams to sell players with concerns or players they don't want anymore!

Well if I get one of my targets lavezzi will be up for sale, but that's a big if.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

Only 3 in for R Muric!!!!

Missed the boat there lads!

Alex Telles

Everton - 7.0M - Accepted.
    Arsenal - 8.0M - Accepted.
    SS Lazio - 11.9M - Accepted.
    Olympique Lyonnais - 11.9M - Accepted.

Galatasaray SK - 7.2M - Accepted.
    SL Benfica - 11.9M - Accepted.

Loic Remy
    Aston Villa - 8.0M - Accepted.
    Queens Park Rangers - 7.5M - Accepted.

Gylfi Sigurdsson

Everton - 12.0M - Accepted.
    Tottenham Hotspur - 19.8M - Accepted.
    Genoa CFC - 19.8M - Accepted.
    Anzhi Makhachkala - 19.8M - Accepted.

Sold him 3 years ago and regretted it. Want him back :P

Yikes, 13 teams in for Dier. So thats why I got Shawcross so easily :P

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭modo85

Only 3 in for R Muric!!!!

Missed the boat there lads!

No I think everyone was leaning more towards
    two greater youths in mayoral and loftus cheek

I think the boat was missed on Lincoln more so than muric, Liverpool picking up a very good youth unopposed

Happy to get Zaha for 4m

• Registered Users Posts: 3,472 ✭✭✭Comic Book Guy

First game of the season tonight lads in case anyone forgets!
    Looking to win opening game of the season for the first time. Not too likely away to a strong Ajax side.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

Tied on max bid for 8 players, but I'm way over budget so it will be fun to see if I get any of them

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

It looks like I've got 2/3 89 rated centre backs so at least that should fill a gaping hole in my defence! :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement