Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SoccerManager.com (#4) The Boards.ie World

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,472 ✭✭✭Comic Book Guy

Managed to add Mo Elynoussi over night but after winning the pereyra lottery I lost out on a 50 50 fight for Robert Muric to Lazio whose great business just got better!

Left in for another 4 but think my business is complete.
    well done villa on winning the dier lotto and udinese for getting RLC from my former club.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

I said I'd be delighted with either Dost or Bakambu. I certainly wasn't expecting both! Plus I got a few 89 rated defenders meaning I actually have a decent defence now for a change! Have no money left now so if I'm still on a bidding war with someone there's nothing to worry about! Ecstatic about my haul now!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

Robert MURIC has completed his move to SS Lazio from Hannover 96 for 3,198,000. All other offers were turned down.

Honestly...... I had 2 players I really wanted from unmanaged....

Rudiger and Muric...

Couldn't have wished for better!!!! Hopefully with new players coming in it will make room for players going through other way too, I know I'll have a few that can go

Colemania wrote:
    Thought I was a smart arse by bidding on other players of teams whereby most teams had ongoing deals so they couldn't bid again but low and behold I get up this morning and there's bids on those players, who by the way aren't anything special but can't compete with all these max bidders

They can't! Most likely is the deals they had with said club have been completed or withdrawn..

100000% cannot bid on 2 players from the one club at the same time

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

Come back they said.....

Buying from unmanaged will really open the game up they said....

8 swings, 8 misses - I can't be arsed going for for Round 2 because once again I'll lose out to teams that don't actually need whoever I'm after

Edit: Myself and Spurs are in for Eremenko, if Spurs get him ahead of me then none of us small teams have a prayer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭irishgoldberg

Lost out on all my main targets :(

The only plus is I got the Welsh jesus lookalike Joe Allen who will hopefully get a rise :)

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭doc holliday

2 players I was after from the minute buying from unmanaged was turned on was rondon (I'm a West Brom fan) and ganso. Was unopposed for them and sure I had them until a couple of bids from unmanaged teams came in and then they didn't close in round one. Now other teams have had the chance to get bids on too. :(

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Got Sigurdson.

Missed Mandanda, Jonas & Pirlo.

Waiting to see where Mizaga and Eremenko end up.

Back in I go for a few more targets then :P

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

I WANT A VOTE .... to turn buying from unmanaged back off!

:D

8 swings, 8 misses - I can't be arsed going for for Round 2 because once again I'll lose out to teams that don't actually need whoever I'm after

It does seem like a lot of teams are not even landing a single target, which is a real shame...

Don't give up though, I'd keep firing out bids for the next week or so, there are still lots of players worth picking up..

In fact, there is a certain Italian international at undamaged who I almost had a bid (unchallenged)accepted but with others arriving I didn't need him...

The well is far from dry, keep digging!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,220 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Ha, just realised in the first round I bid nearly twice my budget and ended up spending less then 10% of it :o

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users Posts: 12,050 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

I didn't have the funds to complete all my deals. I wonder how many I could have got.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭Maldjd23

Kjaer, Sahin, Santon, Mario Fernandes, Baumgartlinger, Kalinic and a few youth players thrown in.

TBH it is a bit of a sham. Smaller clubs should have won bids but instead i did. The only consolation is i beat bigger teams to the punch who needed them even less than i. I am going to access who and what i need and sell a few players on.

Maldjd23 wrote: »
    Kjaer, Sahin, Santon, Mario Fernandes, Baumgartlinger, Kalinic and a few youth players thrown in.

TBH it is a bit of a sham. Smaller clubs should have won bids but instead i did. The only consolation is i beat bigger teams to the punch who needed them even less than i. I am going to access who and what i need and sell a few players on.

You beat me to Sahin, Santon, Baumgartlinger and Kalinic........now you must pay with your life!

On a slightly more serious note I wouldn't sweat it too much....the game is what is on trial here, not you

• Registered Users Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

So is there any point in a new manager ever joining this gameworld again? I presume all the unmanaged clubs will not be worth taking over as they would be starting from scratch which a bunch of mid 80 no hopes?

Tbf, there havent been many recently ...

And I'd hope that people will try help out new managers a bit more now ... I know in Baz's good league people are willing to sell players for cash to new managers to help them buid their team back up.

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    Tbf, there havent been many recently ...

And I'd hope that people will try help out new managers a bit more now ... I know in Baz's good league people are willing to sell players for cash to new managers to help them buid their team back up.

I gave that league a go as had read here that it was the buying from unmanaged had helped it however I found it really difficult to do a transfer as everyone had an abundance of good youths and 90 rated players. 89s where nearly worthless aswell.

I think the concerns piece is a bit of a myth, you can easily keep a bench full of 90 rated players happy with a bit of rotation/substitutions and cup games

redzerdrog wrote: »
    I gave that league a go as had read here that it was the buying from unmanaged had helped it however I found it really difficult to do a transfer as everyone had an abundance of good youths and 90 rated players. 89s where nearly worthless aswell.

I think the concerns piece is a bit of a myth, you can easily keep a bench full of 90 rated players happy with a bit of rotation/substitutions and cup games

I am in that league, started off with a crap Marseille team and found it easy to build up, you can buy from unmanaged teams easy enough. That said i never found managers willing to sell me players. Most would ignore bids and much like here there are teams with mega squads.

I remember some lad throwing a fit because one of his players reached level 5 and put in a transfer request. His 2nd team was better then my 1st by a mile. 90 rated players who couldn't even make his bench, have to say i found it hard to have any sympathy for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭baza Rakus

I was travelling all last week so, stuck on the poxy app, I just bid on all the players I could find anyone else bidding on. Got a few so that's good (especially the big lump from Southampton). Then again aparrently I don't need any players so maybe I should sell em all when their TBs are up.

I've built Drogheda up over there from a Div 4 team full of 85s to a Div 1 (admittedly, bottom of Div 1, but still) team with a 91, 3 90s and 7 89s. Those 89s certainly weren't useless, though they weren't easy to get either. But at no stage did I expect to be getting 90s, or even decent 89s, off other players. I scoured externals for potential risers, scouted various websites and twitter accounts to find good kids...

...I worry that there has to be a different mentality when you take on board a "smaller" team, and there's got to be more hard work put in as well. A smaller team shouldn't be focusing on getting straight up to a full 90 rated team. Its about building foundations from the ground up. I am very proud of my Drogheda team cause I worked on shipping people in and out, and making smart decisions. But it's a very different game I play there than I play with Spurs here.

Cash has uses over there, certainly; I just bought Mirallas from another manager for 17m two weeks ago. I've bought a good few 88s-89s who were a bit older, but who offered me a chance to boost my team ratings for a while. No chance anyone would get a 90 rated striker for that over here. Mind, as with here, it's about knowing who will deal and who won't. Some managers won't answer messages. Some will be generous. If it comes time to sell players, I know who'll be getting warm responses from me.

But at the same time, as a smaller team, I focused on getting in players "cheap" from externals.

Got Mahrez for 9m last summer just as he signed for Leicester, and got him unopposed, cause I had been reading about him online and gave him a punt. I'd sell him for triple that easily, I'd say. More if he joins a bigger team this summer. Carvalho for 2.9m will look sweet if he gets a move to a bigger club too. Bought Kasper Schmeichel for 3.9m back at Xmas, and he's worth double that now. Flipping a player like him is how I've built up the team.

Point is, if we get new managers in on those smaller teams (not saying we will; remember, it was a point raised against turning this on in the first place), then said new managers will now need to be encouraged to see it as a project, starting from the ground up; I need to turn my team of 85s into a team of 86s, into a team of 87s, into a team....etc. Part of that will be managers helping out with good loans, offering them older players at a decent price. Helping them out with advice and establishing connections. But part of that will be hoping that someone taking a team from Div 4 to Div 1 will realise thats not an overnight process.

• Advertisement

Lord TSC wrote: »
    I've built Drogheda up over there from a Div 4 team full of 85s to a Div 1 (admittedly, bottom of Div 1, but still) team with a 91, 3 90s and 7 89s. Those 89s certainly weren't useless, though they weren't easy to get either. But at no stage did I expect to be getting 90s, or even decent 89s, off other players. I scoured externals for potential risers, scouted various websites and twitter accounts to find good kids...

...I worry that there has to be a different mentality when you take on board a "smaller" team, and there's got to be more hard work put in as well. A smaller team shouldn't be focusing on getting straight up to a full 90 rated team. Its about building foundations from the ground up. I am very proud of my Drogheda team cause I worked on shipping people in and out, and making smart decisions. But it's a very different game I play there than I play with Spurs here.

Cash has uses over there, certainly; I just bought Mirallas from another manager for 17m two weeks ago. I've bought a good few 88s-89s who were a bit older, but who offered me a chance to boost my team ratings for a while. No chance anyone would get a 90 rated striker for that over here. Mind, as with here, it's about knowing who will deal and who won't. Some managers won't answer messages. Some will be generous. If it comes time to sell players, I know who'll be getting warm responses from me.

But at the same time, as a smaller team, I focused on getting in players "cheap" from externals.

Got Mahrez for 9m last summer just as he signed for Leicester, and got him unopposed, cause I had been reading about him online and gave him a punt. I'd sell him for triple that easily, I'd say. More if he joins a bigger team this summer. Carvalho for 2.9m will look sweet if he gets a move to a bigger club too. Bought Kasper Schmeichel for 3.9m back at Xmas, and he's worth double that now. Flipping a player like him is how I've built up the team.

Point is, if we get new managers in on those smaller teams (not saying we will; remember, it was a point raised against turning this on in the first place), then said new managers will now need to be encouraged to see it as a project, starting from the ground up; I need to turn my team of 85s into a team of 86s, into a team of 87s, into a team....etc. Part of that will be managers helping out with good loans, offering them older players at a decent price. Helping them out with advice and establishing connections. But part of that will be hoping that someone taking a team from Div 4 to Div 1 will realise thats not an overnight process.

If i had known that was you i would have charged double....:pac::pac:

Maldjd23 wrote: »
    If i had known that was you i would have charged double....:pac::pac:

:pac:

Was much appreciated though :)

I think that is the only appealing challenge though taking over a very small team and hoping to build them up. It's not going to appeal to most though

I think that is the only appealing challenge though taking over a very small team and hoping to build them up. It's not going to appeal to most though

Tis indeed, in the Good League myself and was bumbling around with different teams then spotted Queen of the South rock bottom of Div 4, adrift by 20 points and knew what I had to do.

I found that some of the big boys were fairly handy and were happy to sell 88's, 89's for cash, and not over the hill ones either (Muriel would be an example) - I've managed to grab some decent golden oldies like Dempsey, Gomez and Cesar to name three as well as some young talent.

Mix that with collecting some rising stars (Bakambu, Calleri for example), loans from bigger clubs (John Stones people!!) and it's a nice challenge - in my third season now and we are challenging for promotion to Div 2, it's a worthwhile project if a person is willing to commit the time needed to do the extensive scouting required to progress.

All that being said, having 120m in the bank when I took over wasn't too shabby either :D

I took Swindon in the good league ages ago... d4 with an avg rate of 80 ....had 97m in the bank and built them up bit by bit .... had a dingdong battle with LordTSC for a while but the mighty robins got to D1 first :p

Just read an article about Korkorin to Arsenal!

I'd take that for sure!!

Suppose Lozano is the next big catch in the upcoming bids???

• Registered Users Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭Colemania

I have about 40 million incoming in sales in a few weeks time once i sell all those useless duds the AI brought in during my temporary leave, half of them also getting rating drops as far as -3! If only it had come a few weeks sooner! All it means is that I will be ready and waiting with cash when another unmanaged team appears or someone decides to sell some decent players for cash :D

I think everyone here is hoping a certain Scottish side become managerless in the near future ;)

DISCLAIMER: I'm not trying to oust said manager :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,472 ✭✭✭Comic Book Guy

Not such a successful day today for Malaga.

Missed out on gokhan tore in a 2 horse race with Napoli and to dortmund in an admittedly more crowded race for lozano.

Eremenko off to Everton over Spurs :( Surprised there was so few bids for a 90 rated mid fielder in the end.

Matt Mizaga on his was to Spurs though. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭baza Rakus

Tis indeed, in the Good League myself and was bumbling around with different teams then spotted Queen of the South rock bottom of Div 4, adrift by 20 points and knew what I had to do.

I found that some of the big boys were fairly handy and were happy to sell 88's, 89's for cash, and not over the hill ones either (Muriel would be an example) - I've managed to grab some decent golden oldies like Dempsey, Gomez and Cesar to name three as well as some young talent.

Mix that with collecting some rising stars (Bakambu, Calleri for example), loans from bigger clubs (John Stones people!!) and it's a nice challenge - in my third season now and we are challenging for promotion to Div 2, it's a worthwhile project if a person is willing to commit the time needed to do the extensive scouting required to progress.

All that being said, having 120m in the bank when I took over wasn't too shabby either :D

Queen of the South are not in THE GOOD LEAGUE.
    Queen's Park (aka The Spiders) on the other hand ...:)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement