Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SoccerManager.com (#4) The Boards.ie World

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

Dont buy that ... coz if that the case City, Bayern, Lazio, Napoli, Dortmund would have missed out too ;)

Its down to sexual favours .... has to be :p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    Dont buy that ... coz if that the case City, Bayern, Lazio, Napoli, Dortmund would have missed out too ;)

Its down to sexual favours .... has to be :p

You missed the most important answer - bribery, the fact that I'm currently missing a kidney is a complete coincidence

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭baza Rakus

CARIOCA, Rafael
    EL ARABI, Youssef
    NEM, Wellington
    SUÁREZ, Mario
    BERTOLACCI, Andrea
    BONY, Wilfried
    FORSTER, Fraser
    LOZANO, Hirving

Happy with that haul.

You missed the most important answer - bribery, the fact that I'm currently missing a kidney is a complete coincidence

There is only so many kidneys one man (the SM man) can use.... where as sexual favours ... limitless .... i still think this will errupt into a sex scandal!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,472 ✭✭✭Comic Book Guy

So with buying from unmanaged almost complete how was it for you?!

Malaga

What we wanted- a goalkeeper, full back for either side, centre mid, versatile attacking midfielder, back up striker, couple of youths.

What we got- Andrea Pirlo is short term stop gap in midfield for small money. Pereyra ticks the versatile attacking midfielder box.
    But that's it. Disappointed to miss out on 3 50:50 transfers.

Overall Rating- 4/10. I can look on enviously at the work 5-6 clubs did but can also see the likes of Porto behind me.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Didn't need much but back ups. Shawcross and Sigurdsson offer that. Miazga is a decent looking kid.

Golubovic and Jamieson are "sure, why not" youths I got unopposed. Waiting to see what way the coin drops on Bentivegna. Waiting to see what way Josef Souza drops as well.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,220 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Got pretty much the bare minimum I wanted but none of my main targets, pretty disappointed.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

So with buying from unmanaged almost complete how was it for you?!

Can't have any complaints... nabbed my top 2 targets...

Rudiger... great cover for RB and CB
    Korkorin.... covers all my attacking front 3 so can keep them fresh throughout the season
    Muric... been after him a long long time, getting him alone would have been a successful window!

Also...

Got Driussi from Cruzerio as he was building a fund so that was a nice byproduct of unmanaged...

Overall, for myself 10/10 . That said, I do feel for the likes of Porto, he's put a lot into the GW and got shafted

Can't have any complaints... nabbed my top 2 targets...

Rudiger... great cover for RB and CB
    Korkorin.... covers all my attacking front 3 so can keep them fresh throughout the season
    Muric... been after him a long long time, getting him alone would have been a successful window!

Also...

Got Driussi from Cruzerio as he was building a fund so that was a nice byproduct of unmanaged...

Overall, for myself 10/10 . That said, I do feel for the likes of Porto, he's put a lot into the GW and got shafted

It is my suspision I didnt do enough shafting :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭Colemania

Wanted a keeper, full backs and cover for the forward 3. Didn't get any or that although I got an attacking mid who plays on both sides but doesn't play left or right forward which is what I play. Got 2 89 rated centre mids who i didn't intend on getting but I was unopposed for both. Will sell one for cash when their ban is up.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Wanted Rudiger or Dier, ah well :)

KERSPLAT! wrote:
    Wanted Rudiger or Dier, ah well

Step into my office!

Bowl of free fruit in work today ....

All gone when I got to the bowl!

Bowl of free fruit in work today ....

All gone when I got to the bowl!

Its really been a Dier week for you...

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭modo85

Was looking to bring so young defenders to the club and was hoping for 1 of the big players,got

Hoedt- 22 year old defender (lazio)
    Valaquez - 22 year old defender (ath. madrid)
    luuk De jong - 25 year old striker (psv)
    borja mayoral - 19 year old striker (real madrid)

My main aim was to try get one of hannovers top youths as ive been bidding against this club in the past alot for top class youths. I know tupac is delighted to get Robert muric but I reckon mayoral and loftus cheek where the better two youths in the hannover squad. I was going to try a 50/50 bid with liverpool on Lincoln ( 17 years old and got a +3 today) but I took a chance and entered a a big bidding war on mayoral because he is destined for the real madrid first team next season so to win that was brillant.

Overall delighted with the transfers but the biggest disappointment is not having as much cash as the big rich clubs as I won alot more bids but had no cash on players like benassi, coquelin,ziyech, Brooks and much more.

I honestly feel for GTI because bar 8/9 players he has a very poor side for a division 1 side so he could have done with a few signings ☺☺… his defence is very very poor for a top team so it might of been a better option for him to target just defenders. ☺

modo85 wrote: »
    I honestly feel for GTI because bar 8/9 players he has a very poor side for a division 1 side so he could have done with a few signings ☺☺… his defence is very very poor for a top team so it might of been a better option for him to target just defenders. ☺

I did, I went after Santon, Rudiger, Kjaer and some DMCs ... the thinking being that a DM would allow me to keep kouyate at DC ... I the latter round I was 1 of 3 on the russian DC and 1 of 5 on the ukranian DC ... I'm over it ... Will just have to fight the odds again for another stay in D! :p

I could have gone down the pensioners route but that has never been the ethos at my FCP.

I did, I went after Santon, Rudiger, Kjaer and some DMCs ... the thinking being that a DM would allow me to keep kouyate at DC ... I the latter round I was 1 of 3 on the russian DC and 1 of 5 on the ukranian DC ... I'm over it ... Will just have to fight the odds again for another stay in D! :p

I could have gone down the pensioners route but that has never been the ethos at my FCP.

Same philosophy here at cruzeiro, no to pensioners.

Not sure if you spotted my bid on ur Polish lad yesterday ( before any other managed team bid ;))

At least Meunier and Kums are both strongly linked with moves to Napoli in RL.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭TheGunns

Not sure if you spotted my bid on ur Polish lad yesterday ( before any other managed team bid ;))

I bid because he offered and then withdrew!

TheGunns wrote: »

Ok lads I'll tell yiz what we will have a raffle between the two of yiz and whoever wins gets him ☺

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Lads, three years ago, I bought Roman Zozulya, a Ukrainian striker and watched him grow from 83 to 87. At the time, he was billed as "The Eastern European Wayne Rooney!"

He's at unhappiness level 4 now, so looks like I'm about to lose him, and before that happens, I'd rather give him to someone that needs him. So if anyone wants an 87 rated striker for 4m, fire an offer in, cause otherwise he's off to an external :(

Yes I offered him with another player of mine for one of yours it wasn't an offer for cash

Yes I offered him with another player of mine for one of yours it wasn't an offer for cash

I know, I sent a PM on SM last night I think. I saw GT's bid tho so wanted to throw in one too

I know, I sent a PM on SM last night I think. I saw GT's bid tho so wanted to throw in one too

Yeah I'm looking for a bit of cash so you or gti can have him. Don't know how to pick. If someone cud do that random number thing that decides that wud be the easiest way

Yeah I'm looking for a bit of cash so you or gti can have him. Don't know how to pick. If someone cud do that random number thing that decides that wud be the easiest way

Let GT have him, would still be interested in the deal you offered (and you can exclude the cash) if you wanna swap in another player for Linetty

EDIT: Nvm, see you've got offers for both!

Let GT have him, would still be interested in the deal you offered (and you can exclude the cash) if you wanna swap in another player for Linetty

EDIT: Nvm, see you've got offers for both!

If ye had a deal lads ... work away

Ok lads I'll tell yiz what we will have a raffle between the two of yiz and whoever wins gets him ☺

I hope this isn't for max cash now? I bid max cash for him a few weeks back that was rejected :P

• Advertisement

Right lads here's where I stand..... it's not a coincidence that I've loads of Centre backs, I planned it that way...

Now yes some can leave, and I'm mainly after CM, ideally I'd use one of my own CM and a CB to improve my midfield.

Obviously the quality of CM available will determine what defenders I will let go, but if anyone is flogging CM and short at the back let me know

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement