Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SoccerManager.com (#4) The Boards.ie World

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

I couldn't understand it either, Iceland were excellent in the group stage and as you say England were poor bar a fifteen minute spell against Wales - couldn't say no

They are the reason there is no Orange army at these championships ... they are no mugs for definite

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    They are the reason there is no Orange army at these championships ... they are no mugs for definite

Well, I'd argue the Orange Army are the reason that there's no Orange Army at the tournament. They were awful in their group!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

So, with Hart showing the continent how poor of a keeper he really is, surely it's time for his replacement to be given a chance.

Step up to the plate......Daniel Bentley! :pac:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Luiz Adriano FC 89
    Anyone for a swap in either midfield or defence?

Flamengo General Manager.

Anyone watching that ENG - RUS game on TV3?!

Quality commentating ...
    "dunno what Dier is doing near these free kicks, he doesnt strike me as a player with technique like Kane or Rooney"

.... BANG...Dier scores from the free kick :p
    "Deschamp made some bold decisions last night took off Pogba, Matuidi ... France have a big squad at their disposal"

.... NO they don't. Every country has 23 player in the squad :D ...

Tonight on RTE tho ...

Damien Duff:"When you strip it all back, Rooney has had a poor season for United, can you then expect him to turn it on and guide England through the Euros? Im in football long enough to know you cant" ....

Damien obviously didnt see Eden Hazards performance last night after his dismal season at chelsea ;)

• Advertisement

Tonight on RTE tho ...

Damien Duff:"When you strip it all back, Rooney has had a poor season for United, can you then expect him to turn it on and guide England through the Euros? Im in football long enough to know you cant" ....

Damien obviously didnt see Eden Hazards performance last night after his dismal season at chelsea ;)

I'm sure he also said England would win by 3 or 4!

Shearer is on SOME rant on BBC!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,472 ✭✭✭Comic Book Guy

http://www.balls.ie/football/steve-mcclaren-iceland-england/338151

Can't embed it right but check out the link above.

His sense of comedy timing is so perfect :D

http://www.balls.ie/football/steve-mcclaren-iceland-england/338151

Can't embed it right but check out the link above.

His sense of comedy timing is so perfect :D

That tool is the reason 'my team' are not responsible for the overhyping of the premier league and its players because under him Newcastle were ****e! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭thisyear

That tool is the reason 'my team' are not responsible for the overhyping of the premier league and its players because under him Newcastle were ****e! :p

And that scene will be immortalised forever, thank you Steve. 😂😂😂

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

Balls, must have misread the max bid for Renshaw and I've come in 200k short - if the guys who have max bid would like to withdraw so we can all start again.........? Guys.....??

• Registered Users Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

wonder what odds you'd get on Keane to become England manager!

would be some laugh!!

wonder what odds you'd get on Keane to become England manager!

would be some laugh!!

I reckon Wenger would be a great fit.

Arsenal fans want him out but the boards dont want to sack him due to the loyalty he has shown them. I reckon if the FA moved for Wenger, Arsenal wouldnt stand in their way, and I think that Wenger would welcome a new challenge.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,454 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Shout out to Malaga manager. Always a pleasure and a gent to deal with :)

Sad to see Murillo to go (have had him for a while and enjoyed watching him grow) but nabbing Payet was just too good a chance to turn down.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,472 ✭✭✭Comic Book Guy

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Shout out to Malaga manager. Always a pleasure and a gent to deal with :)

Sad to see Murillo to go (have had him for a while and enjoyed watching him grow) but nabbing Payet was just too good a chance to turn down.

Right back at ya kid. Sad to see Payet leave but 8 goals conceded in out first 3 games pointed to my need for a new centre back!
    Deal done with minimum of fuss and Spurs manager was very easy to deal with.

Following on from our Isco deal a few seasons ago half the starting team at Malaga are Spurs rejects :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,050 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Losing out on remy to teams who don't need him is annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭baza Rakus

eh i dunno wrote: »

Why not contact the teams with players who they don't need and ask them if any of them are for sale?

baza Rakus wrote: »
    Why not contact the teams with players who they don't need and ask them if any of them are for sale?

Haven't much cash tbh.

I've just bid for a young keeper and another team with 15 keepers has just bid too. How many keepers do you need?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

Fair play to the Genoa manager he helped me out with 3 88s for cash. Much appreciated when starting from scratch.

Anyone any 88+ available let me know

redzerdrog wrote: »
    Fair play to the Genoa manager he helped me out with 3 88s for cash. Much appreciated when starting from scratch.

I'll let ibarbo 88 go for cash

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 637 ✭✭✭gerp99

Haven't much cash tbh.

I've just bid for a young keeper and another team with 15 keepers has just bid too. How many keepers do you need?

If you send me a quick PM I would have withdrawn. I have a lot of players shortlisted. Chances are if I do there is reason. Nothing to do with me having 15 keepers, if they have potential, I will sign them. Anyway I have withdrawn the bid, so hopefully you get him :D

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Burlap_Sack

redzerdrog wrote: »

Morgan sanson is yours if you want him, 87 but he's got potential

• Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭RickyOFlaherty

Oh well .. you beat off a lot of teams to get Eric Dier so that is some consolation. If he doesn't get his game, concerns will kick in and he will be sold. If I had withdrawn my bid there is no guarantee that you would have got him anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭Colemania

Ha all the clubs in for astori that don't even need him. Its not like he's gonna rise anytime soon :P I'm broke so can't bid on anyone for a few weeks yet but I'm happy with my squad anyway so would only be signing a full back and a keeper when I get some money in.

Shame on all you big clubs :D

Haven't much cash tbh.

You need the keepers you need until you are sure of getting a good keeper. I have Zieler and Forster both at 89 one at Dortmund so could get a rise conceivably the other at Southampton who could be about to become England's #1. I won't be selling either until one of em goes up to 90/91. At that point I'll use the other to try to swangle a good player from a club with a surplus of midfielders (defenders, forwards)

Just read Batshuayi has agreed to join Chelsea in RL apparently ...

I'm sure the real life Chelsea manager will entertain bids on him following from this news ... :p

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭irishgoldberg

I'm sure the real life Chelsea manager will entertain bids on him following from this news ... :p

Nope!

Daniel AYALA - 84 Player Rating Increase 1 85 29 Jun
    YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSS!!! THEY ALL LAUGHED! THEY ALL LAUGHED!
    BUT WHO'S LAUGHING NOW? WHO'S LAUGHING NOW?!?!?!?!?!!?!?

Nope!

Dont mind him guys, he's only yhe manager ... we all know that at Chelsea Roman makes the descisions ...

PS: Chelsea Manager ... might need to update your signature ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

Need to raise some cash TODAY...

Caju, Balde and more out on loan available for max cash offers....

Let me know who you want and if available I'll call them back from loan..

Only need to raise a small amount so first come first serve!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement