Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SoccerManager.com (#4) The Boards.ie World

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,220 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

1 point from the opening 4, think this season I'll finally be going down.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭JamboMac

How did benfica manage to offer double the rest of us?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

I thought everyone's absolute max bid on a player/youth are the same?
    GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    Been discussed not to long ago.... they add a player and adjust his value 24/36hrs later...so depending on when you bid the max value can be diff... a cunning way to make people log in more?
    JamboMac wrote: »

• Registered Users Posts: 3,472 ✭✭✭Comic Book Guy

Old man Pirlo is really enjoying his retirement gig at Malaga as he gets back to back man of the match awards.
    On the other side of the coin my keeper keeps up his record of conceding to every second shot on target he faces but luckily Genoa's man between the sticks was even more generous as we eek out a 3-2 victory with goals from Pirlo, Pedro, and the much maligned Harry Kane :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 637 ✭✭✭gerp99

The game is just one big troll.

Though in saying that I have won the league 3 times and relegated once. I could easily say the game has favoured me more times than gone against me. I'd rather more logic too it. Rock bottom after 4 games with one of the top 4 squads in the GW. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

gerp99 wrote: »

Though in saying that I have won the league 3 times and relegated once. I could easily say the game has favoured me more times than gone against me. I'd rather more logic too it. Rock bottom after 4 games with one of the top 4 squads in the GW. :D

I know its hard not to take it personally (especially when you look qt the squad you have assembled with fondness)

but try man, it I were in your shoes id be hopping about the place, league.... relegation back to win league now this ****e, as u said its a big troll and its very early days man. you'll turn it about and no doubt we will he opposite position come end of season, no doubts....

side note, without chat....

some very interesting PM sent and received tonight!

i love a challenge!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

gerp99 wrote: »

And yet when I said this a month ago I was a paranoid madman!

Seriously though, you can do it, you just have to believe in yourself.....said nobody ever!

I'll have my grandmother say a mass for you

Now swap Messi for Quincy Promes and all your problems will be over

JamboMac wrote: »

The players value was adjusted by SM before the initial bids were accepted. I rebid at the new maximum value.

• Registered Users Posts: 637 ✭✭✭gerp99

Seriously though, you can do it, you just have to believe in yourself.....said nobody ever!

I will definitely give you Messi for Promes. Fire in a bid :D

• Advertisement

He's gonna need 100,000 Facebook likes ... nothing else is going to save him :p

Rather than fecking around with the GUIs (and loosing features ... green shield to go back to all the gameworlds is gone from the laptop version, chat has dissapeared from mobile) ... they should look to improve the game itself...

1) that game engine!
    2) when I shortlist a player, I expect a notification when he comes off transfer ban, when his concern level rises/drops ...
    3) bring back the (my) overall trophy cabinet ..
    4) sort out a consistent(fair) way of dispatching player to club when there are multi bids of equal value on players
    5) stop the 5clicks before I can get to the list of my gameworlds
    6) ...

Fabianski has learned from Oblak ... keep diving to one side ... a ball will go there one time ... it will honest!

I'm still using the old GUI on laptop. I'll never leave!

I'm still using the old GUI on laptop. I'll never leave!

Could get a little akward for ya if they ever turn off the lights

the PM on the new GUI still hides the reply button and when you go to send a new PM the 'to' option is not available. prob still working on it.....

ill try respond to PMs when I get online proper

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Singing WE ARE TOP OF THE LEAGUE, WE ARE TOP OF THE LEAGUE!!!!!

Ditto. :D

Estudiantes de LP beat Palmeiras 1 - 0 in their Division 3 fixture.
    Balotelli was on the scoresheet for his side.

Keeping up our 100% record after four games. Unfortunately, the next game is the first against a managed team.

Lost without the chat lads tbf....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭baza Rakus

Lost without the chat lads tbf....

I'm afraid it's the soccer manager way mate. Improve by taking features away.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭mackeire

Pirlo with a minus 2 today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭JamboMac

Every Belgian player -10, bloody Wales,fu(;)€g Wales.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Ashley Williams. +5. Nailed on.

Its a pity RLManagers dont have ratings here.

Wilmots has wasted the best generation of players Belgium have ever had.

He is tactically clueless. Carrasco off for Fellaini?! Lukaku doesnt do enough when up front for Belgium.

He left Lombaerts home. One suspension and an injury later and you are relying on denayer and jordan lukaku?!

I expect him to follow other coaches out of a job after this tournament.

Lost to Wales AND Bale practically took the night off....

Harsh one!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

He is tactically clueless. Carrasco off for Fellaini?! Lukaku doesnt do enough when up front for Belgium.

He left Lombaerts home. One suspension and an injury later and you are relying on denayer and jordan lukaku?!

I think Coleman deserves a lot of credit though, bar the last fifteen minutes against England he hasn't put a foot wrong tactically

I think Coleman deserves a lot of credit though, bar the last fifteen minutes against England he hasn't put a foot wrong tactically

They're doing a Leicester. For Wales, it's far more about the team pulling together to be more than the sum of all it's parts.

Whereas Belgium are almost the opposite, aided of course by a tactically inept manager.

Any manager who gets dealt such a blow as to lose his two centre halves before the tournament, and then proceeds to ignore this ready made centre back pairing instead for me is just clearly not up to it.

I can see why he brought Fellaini on - to keep a hold on Ashley Williams at set pieces as he was a massive danger and it seemed like nobody had a handle on him. Why he sacrificed Carrasco I'll never know though!

Wilberto wrote:
    I can see why he brought Fellaini on - to keep a hold on Ashley Williams at set pieces as he was a massive danger and it seemed like nobody had a handle on him. Why he sacrificed Carrasco I'll never know though!

There is literally NO occasion to bring Fellaini on with Dembele on the bench.

And needed a goal taking Lukaku (misfiring yes but still) off for Bats? Surely both if them in the box would cause havoc

There is literally NO occasion to bring Fellaini on with Dembele on the bench.

And needed a goal taking Lukaku (misfiring yes but still) off for Bats? Surely both if them in the box would cause havoc

With benteke, origi and bats on the bench he insisted on playing with 1 FC.... ridic!

Also, he could have replaced denayer with kabasele rather than taking off carrasco.

He was the same against Italy and Sweden... doesnt know what to change to improve things

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭baza Rakus

It still cracks me up that Fellaini has a football career, let alone an international one. A players who's strongest attribute is elbows. I haven't played FIFA since 1995 but is he 10/10 for elbows on there? The massive ****house.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement