Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SoccerManager.com (#4) The Boards.ie World

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭Colemania

2 nil win against 2nd placed Everton with yet another player sent off keeps us within touching distance of the playoffs

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Does anyone else find that the game literally refuses to low your forwards to score goals? It's genuinely getting ridiculous at this stage.

Bas Dost gets a bucket load of shots every game in this league - yet to score (a league goal)
    Origi gets a bucket load of shots every game (last season) in HAIeTWATWTL?! (only five 5 goals all season)
    Had Tevez up front in the Copa League hitting a bucket load of shots every game - rarely scored.
    Had several stikers up there in The Good League getting bucket loads of shots every game - (each of them rarely scored) - (38 year old Luca Toni seems to be the exception at the moment bizarrely)

I'm sure there are more examples as well. It's getting pretty frustrating at this stage and I could well be leaving in approximately 104 days time.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

Nah. Ive lukaku on 8 and carrasco and martial on 5 each

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Firmino on 7, Muller on 4, Icardi on 2.

Firmino is on the wing most of the time so maybe you're right, not something I've noticed though. I've Lewa in one or two leagues and he's always on fire up front. Costa has 24 in 29(16) in the Copa, Muller is short there with 7 in 21 though. Reus is 4 for 4(3) in another... No issues for me it seems, my 10s always chip in it seems

This max bid changing of newly added players at the last minute is fair annoying!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

Wilberto wrote:
    Does anyone else find that the game literally refuses to low your forwards to score goals? It's genuinely getting ridiculous at this stage.

Griezmann last season....

Complete joke. Not exactly on fire this season either

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭baza Rakus

Griezmann last season....

Complete joke. Not exactly on fire this season either

Needs a move, a change of pace if you will. I hear Dortmund are looking to offload Götze and maybe one or three others ... :pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,220 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

SL Benfica outclassed Newcastle United and thrashed them 6 - 0 in their The Boards.ie League Shield Round 2 fixture.

Modeste scored a brace and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

Choupo-moting and Boufal were also amongst the goalscorers.

A record cup win against a severely NMF Newcastle.

At least my 2nd string can win a game :o

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

GLaDOS wrote: »
    A record cup win against a severely NMF Newcastle.

At least my 2nd string can win a game :o

Me and you next pal!

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,220 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

KERSPLAT! wrote: »
    Me and you next pal!

Hopefully you stay up near the top of the table so you've motivation to keep your first team fresh for the league :pac:

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

Finally win a penalty shootout in the this game. The minnows of Hanover through to the next round

GLaDOS wrote: »
    Hopefully you stay up near the top of the table so you've motivation to keep your first team fresh for the league :pac:

My second string do better than my first :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,472 ✭✭✭Comic Book Guy

Everton hand me my annual early exit from the Shield!

Le Reserves have earned them selves another 90mins!

FC Porto outclassed Chivas de Guadalajara and beat them 3 - 0 in their The Boards.ie League Shield Round 2 fixture.
    Mitrović scored a goal and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.
    Deulofeu and Zouma were also amongst the goalscorers.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,050 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Forgot to change my team and still lost. Stupid cup

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭baza Rakus

Competition Message

Borussia Dortmund beat Manchester United 6 - 5 in a penalty shootout after a 1 - 1 draw in their The Boards.ie League Shield Round 2 fixture.

Navas was on the scoresheet for his side. First pelanty shoot out a team of mine has won in 100 years.

Udinese reserves with a 3 nil win against the first team of Division 2 leaders Spartak Moscow in the cup. Not too Xabi Alonso!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭JamboMac

Forgot about the cup again, but beat the mighty atletico Madrid 2-1.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭mackeire

Colemania wrote:
    Udinese reserves with a 3 nil win against the first team of Division 2 leaders Spartak Moscow in the cup. Not too Xabi Alonso!

Forgot to change the team, but still i'd expect better from the mongos ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

baza Rakus wrote:
    Needs a move, a change of pace if you will. I hear Dortmund are looking to offload Götze and maybe one or three others ...

Ah I don't think I'll let the little French lad go just yet!

Kagawa will be on the market soon though

• Advertisement

My 88s reward for beating "bye" and Chivas respectively is a date with Taylor Swift ... in my gaff.

Not my cuppa that Swift one but unless we get Charlize Theron, Amy Adams or Mila kunis managing a team any time soon, she'll have to do

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

GT_TDI_150 wrote:
    Not my cuppa that Swift one but unless we get Charlize Theron, Amy Adams or Mila kunis managing a team any time soon, she'll have to do

Blasphemer!

I did a cash deal with Liverpool!

Its only a small deal but he has been linked with the Toon ( I know, I know) ... I'm hoping this will open the door for bigger deals :)

Guys,...

Frello Jorginho ... any good?

I've got a team of 86-87's with one 92.

I was offered Frello + lots of cash ( enough to get 3 * 88s in to strenghten my team.

Just want to be sure Frello is decent

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭modo85

I love checking the values and ratings of the young players in the player search option. Delighted this morning when I seen cruzeiro have 7 of the top ten rated 18 year olds and under.
    It's the little things like this that keep me enthralled in the game rather than results

Lads,

Who fancies a bit of friendly (real life) football banter?

I do the Sky Sports 'Soccer Saturday Super 6' and I'm creating a league which willing participants can join.

So what you need to do if you are interested is:

Get the Super 6 app (not sure if it can be done via the site)
    Register - it's FREE to play
    Join my league (code: 347GN5)
    Predict score in 6 games each weekend and predict the time of earliest goal in those 6 games
    Have bants with other managers here (I'll get a thread created for this if there is enough interest)

Go on, you know you want to

• Registered Users Posts: 12,050 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    Lads,

Who fancies a bit of friendly (real life) football banter?

I do the Sky Sports 'Soccer Saturday Super 6' and I'm creating a league which willing participants can join.

So what you need to do if you are interested is:

Get the Super 6 app (not sure if it can be done via the site)
    Register - it's FREE to play
    Join my league (code: 347GN5)
    Predict score in 6 games each weekend and predict the time of earliest goal in those 6 games
    Have bants with other managers here (I'll get a thread created for this if there is enough interest)

Go on, you know you want to

I'll join. Play it every week anyways.

Anyone selling a decent attacking midfielder? I might as well try and bring in another one and go with three of them behind just the one striker given that my strikers couldn't hit a donkey's arse with a frying pan on the best of days.

:D

Wilberto wrote: »
    Anyone selling a decent attacking midfielder? I might as well try and bring in another one and go with three of them behind just the one striker given that my strikers couldn't hit a donkey's arse with a frying pan on the best of days.

:D

Strange training out your way

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

Stewie Downing still pulling up trees in the division 4 to help me to a big win against cruziero!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement