Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SoccerManager.com (#4) The Boards.ie World

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

Ahem....

Marquinhos....

Chickens and counting etc man!

I'd say it's difficult for defenders at PSG to get rises as they have so little defending to do, attackers on the other hand......

• Registered Users Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

I'd say it's difficult for defenders at PSG to get rises as they have so little defending to do, attackers on the other hand......

That's a fair point actually!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

That's a fair point actually!

You'd think sideshow bob creates enough work for the defenders to get themselves noticed tho, no?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭unkymo

Put the reserves out for the Cup, had 2 sent off, 2 injuries.

Won 4-2!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    You'd think sideshow bob creates enough work for the defenders to get themselves noticed tho, no?

Yeah but Thiago Silva shoulders that burden almost single..eh..shoulderly?

:D

• Advertisement

GT_TDI_150 wrote:

A BETTER POINT! ha ha!!!!!

Lads ... start dumping Belgian internationals ... FAST ...

Roberto Martinez has taken over as Belgian National team coach ...:(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

18ed4m.jpg

Seriously though, I genuinely think he's a good manager. Yes, it din't go well at Everton in his second season, but his first season was actually good.

He also did well at Wigan, stealing a season in the Premier League when they should have been relegated a season earlier.

He's also the main main responsible, I believe, for how far Swansea have come.

Wilberto wrote: »
    18ed4m.jpg

Seriously though, I genuinely think he's a good manager. Yes, it din't go well at Everton in his second season, but his first season was actually good.

He also did well at Wigan, stealing a season in the Premier League when they should have been relegated a season earlier.

He's also the main main responsible, I believe, for how far Swansea have come.

And he had Everton close to the edge when they never should have been...

Seems unable to organise a defense

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭baza Rakus

You lost me at "actually good"

• Advertisement

baza Rakus wrote: »
    You lost me at "actually good"

At the start of this season Everton were tipped to do very well, and that was largely down to the previous season. Then, after one season where it just didn't go well for him at all he's suddenly touted as one of the worst manager in the world (slight exaggeration).

I just long for the day when he moves to Spain and proves everyone wrong. His style of play that he likes to employ is far more suited over there.

That said though, the one criticism I would have of him is loyalty. For me, he strikes as a manager who only wants to use the clubs he's with now as a stepping stone to the likes of Barcelona. Of course, he is a million miles away from getting any job like that but that's where I think his ambition lies.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,050 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Eh he had two shoite seasons at Everton not one. Worse manager we ever had.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,472 ✭✭✭Comic Book Guy

At the start of this season Everton were tipped to do very well, and that was largely down to the previous season. Then, after one season where it just didn't go well for him at all he's suddenly touted as one of the worst manager in the world (slight exaggeration).

I just long for the day when he moves to Spain and proves everyone wrong. His style of play that he likes to employ is far more suited over there.

That said though, the one criticism I would have of him is loyalty. For me, he strikes as a manager who only wants to use the clubs he's with now as a stepping stone to the likes of Barcelona. Of course, he is a million miles away from getting any job like that but that's where I think his ambition lies.

It was 2 bad seasons at Everton not 1 that seen him sacked. He was manager for 1 game shy of 3 full seasons.
    The man can't organise a defence to the point of neglect. Wasn't he quoted as saying he wasn't interested in clean sheets just winning games, well d'uh Roberto, get the first one in order and the second will invariably follow. In his last season didn't Everton concede a crazy amount of goals from set pieces.

Knows only one way of playing with no Plan B considered at all and has the knack of sticking his head in the sand to obvious problems in his team that keep on happening.

Anyways best of luck with the appointment GT!!

He was in charge for three seasons? F*** me where has the time gone?!

He was in charge for three seasons? F*** me where has the time gone?!

Old Chinese Proverb: Awesomeness stands out, mediocrity blends in

He will somehow manage to relegate Belgium into playing in the Asian tournaments

This game and it's changing player values is pissing me right off, that and the chat being removed means I'm edging closer to the door again - whoever gets Marcus Edwards should know that they are getting the next wunderkind, he will be a superstar, congrats

This game and it's changing player values is pissing me right off, that and the chat being removed means I'm edging closer to the door again - whoever gets Marcus Edwards should know that they are getting the next wunderkind, he will be a superstar, congrats

Eh...

You can't blame the game for this one! I was first bid in at max and it's still the same amount, nothing changed

Think you made a boo boo when bidding man!

Eh...

You can't blame the game for this one! I was first bid in at max and it's still the same amount, nothing changed

Think you made a boo boo when bidding man!

I did not, hard to see myself and the Flamengo manager making the exact same mistake.....

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,220 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Nah that was the same max bid 24 h ago. The problem is the game said the max bid was 239 k, when in reality you could bid higher.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

I did not, hard to see myself and the Flamengo manager making the exact same mistake.....
    No I just bid the same value twice,thats how we do things in Flamengo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭JamboMac

Really I would have put it down to them being massively overrated.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭mackeire

GT_TDI_150 wrote:

Didco Stu creates defending for you!

I was 100% first bidder about 7.30 am when they are added to the game and I bid max bid first off and left it at that...

His value didn't change. I know it does happen but this time he went for the original max figure

• Registered Users Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭richieffff

Marcus Edwards joins Anzhi, my youth team is slowly getting better

1-1 away at Barca.... I'll take that!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭JamboMac

1-1 draw with spurs

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,220 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

1-0 win away to Roma, badly needed!

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users Posts: 3,472 ✭✭✭Comic Book Guy

Our slide down the table continues as we go down 2 0 at home to ten man Chelsea. 1 point from the last 5 games and 2 goals scored in that time, bloody hell.....

1-1 against Zenit ... waaaay to cold over there for my lads!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭doc holliday

5-0 win over inter keeps boca flying high in the playoff places.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement