Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SoccerManager.com (#4) The Boards.ie World

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

Just tried to offer you the gig mac ... wont let me offer the job to you until the GW opens ....?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    Just tried to offer you the gig mac ... wont let me offer the job to you until the GW opens ....?!

If anyone can contact sm on Twitter or Facebook and ask them maybe? I don't have an account with either

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭baza Rakus

I don't mind taking over at Barca. Keep the place real nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

Here lads when was the 14 day login rule changed?

I don't remember seeing a vote to change it back to 30??? I thought the majority wanted it at 14?

30 is far too long, that means potentially a manager could log in once a month for literally 10 seconds and keep the club? We are trying to make the game world more interactive and I can't see how lads clinging onto a club and leaving it in limbo for 30 days is helping?

This is not a dig at anyone, just one simple look at the managers login with show that there are currently 10 managers close to the 14 days!

I'm on this every day, no matter what and there are loads more like me. We need more managers like the hard-core group that are on every day for answering PM etc etc.....

Was the 14 day rule not agreed upon to put an end to all this?

Relax with the drama and the conspiracy theory's. It's obviously part of the bug. When we get control back it can be sorted

• Advertisement

Relax with the drama and the conspiracy theory's. It's obviously part of the bug. When we get control back it can be sorted

I presume that was not directed at me as your last comment towards me was you were 'done' with me and wanted no further interaction, so I'll just take it your talking about something else as you didn't quote anyone.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Here lads when was the 14 day login rule changed?

I don't remember seeing a vote to change it back to 30??? I thought the majority wanted it at 14?

It automatically went up to 30 days when Soccer Manager took over the league.

Wilberto wrote:

Athletic Club manager is 28 days? When did SM take over the league??? Would have had to have been over 13 days ago

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Athletic Club manager is 28 days? When did SM take over the league??? Would have had to have been over 13 days ago

I'm not sure I'd trust those at the moment tbh. A lot of those figures seemed to jump a lot when sm raised the age to 30. Maybe they went up by 9 (I.E. 30-21) when the limit went up by nine. Like, it was far too coincidental for about ten managers to all not have logged in for ten days exactly. My guess is that they all hadn't logged in for one day (believable) and sm added 9 onto it.

Wilberto wrote:
    I'm not sure I'd trust those at the moment tbh. A lot of those figures seemed to jump a lot when sm raised the age to 30. Maybe they went up by 9 (I.E. 30-21) when the limit went up by nine. Like, it was far too coincidental for about ten managers to all not have logged in for ten days exactly. My guess is that they all hadn't logged in for one day (believable) and sm added 9 onto it.

It's possible, so we can assume the 14 day rule is still in effect?

On another note, anything more being done about getting new blood in? Tbh I've sent out numerous PM to managers who are rarely on, nothing back obviously and from chatting with other managers I'm not the only one.

Must be some way of attracting managers that are actually familiar with the ins and outside of the game to the gw

• Advertisement

Anyway, congrats to Benfica for nabbing the youngster with the most awesome name ever!! :D

In truth, it was the only reason I bid in the first place.

Wilberto wrote:

Eh... knew I want not imagining it. Chatting with others the rule was changed to 21 days start of the season without any vote?

People VOTED for 14, why was it changed against the will of the majority?

Eh... knew I want not imagining it. Chatting with others the rule was changed to 21 days start of the season without any vote?

People VOTED for 14, why was it changed against the will of the majority?

I remember saying that to you before and explaining why I thought it made sense anyway (regardless of whether it was voted on or not) and you agreed with me that it made sense as well. I'm not sure why you're bringing it up now?

Also, if other managers had noticed but didn't say anything, does that not mean that they were okay with the change as well?

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,220 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Wilberto wrote: »
    Anyway, congrats to Benfica for nabbing the youngster with the most awesome name ever!! :D

In truth, it was the only reason I bid in the first place.

Straight into the first team, rating be damned ;)

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

Wilberto wrote:
    I remember saying that to you before and explaining why I thought it made sense anyway (regardless of whether it was voted on or not) and you agreed with me that it made sense as well. I'm not sure why you're bringing it up now?

Not sure why I'd have agreed with it? Can't think of any reason currently that I would... maybe you could dig it out?

Bringing it up now as there are 10 managers close to the 14 days!

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,220 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Given that we're down to 50/80 managers, do we really need to be kicking people out quickly? =/

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

I'd they are logging on once every month for about 10 seconds and not returning PM then obviously YES!

I refuse to believe there are not others out there that would me more committed. It's just impossible to believe

Not sure why I'd have agreed with it? Can't think of any reason currently that I would... maybe you could dig it out?

Bringing it up now as there are 10 managers close to the 14 days!

It was over the chat function which they removed, although I have a feeling you knew that already. ;)

As I mentioned earlier, I doubt that they're actually that close to the 14 days. You'd have to take 9 days off for most of them to get the real figure.

I refuse to believe there are not others out there that would me more committed. It's just impossible to believe

If this was the case, then would the game world itself not have more managers in it? I mean, it's not as if there's a queue of people trying to join, hence the reason why we allowed clubs to buy from unmanaged again.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

AAAANYWAY ... back to results ...

My 88s were no match for a strong but not full first team Roma 11 ....

oh well ... now I can focus on the league :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

Hanover with a shock win over the mighty Bayern

Wilberto wrote:
    If this was the case, then would the game world itself not have more managers in it? I mean, it's not as if there's a queue of people trying to join, hence the reason why we allowed clubs to buy from unmanaged again.

Let me try to explain it another way... I think these managers that are not interest and basically just holding clubs are WORSE THAN unmanaged teams...

Here's why...

Take Newcastle for example (there are plenty more)

1. That Newcastle squad are fodder to the other teams in that division when they should be winning it. NMF (not match fit) players everywhere....

2. These above mentioned players (NMF) could be USED PROPERLY by other teams, this for me is against the spirit of the game. Aubameyang for example, he should be an absolute beast rather than being thrown on the scrap heap....

3. It simply must be disheartening to managers of lesser squads who may have half an eye on teams like Newcastle and indeed Barca thinking to themselves I should be looking after that squad... I'm not saying that because I want any of those clubs, I don't I'm very happy where I am... bit I know other managers have said to me they would love a crack at a team going to pot...

Yeah the loss of chat is a kick in the stones and I can see the link between extending the login time because of it, I don't remember agreeing with it but I can see the logic in it, that being said that decision should NOT have been implemented without a vote and there is no excuse to say otherwise. This GW was always advertised to us as 'majority rules'

Lastly, I ASKED what was being done to attract other Managers, I was not just giving out about the situation... it was a genuine question, there should be something going on from the GW owner/mods to breathe some life into the place...

So to put it simply, would I prefer to see a team scavenged by buying from unmanaged or limp on through the NMF phase for season after season after season??? Simple answer for me

Right Lads

Alex Song on is way Hanover

Andrea Belotti is of to either Estudiantes or Lyon and loser gets Gael Kakuta

Ill ask Lord TSC to do the draw

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,454 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Used a "random thing picker" site to choose and Estudiantes won :)

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Used a "random thing picker" site to choose and Estudiantes won :)

\o/

Andrea Belotti is of to Estudiantes for cash offer... Lyon if they wish can have Gael Kakuta for cash

Congrads lads

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭baza Rakus

So yeah TARGET MAN is back as an option.

baza Rakus wrote:

Pity chat ain't..... had hope and all today when they reconfigured the mobile site and there appeared to be a chat icon...

Disappointed to learn it was only a link to the forum they recently made a balls of too!

Not shy in showing up their shortcomings I'll give SM that

baza Rakus wrote: »

The check boxes are back as well, by which I mean the Use Playmaker, Use Target man etc.

• Advertisement

Pity chat ain't..... had hope and all today when they reconfigured the mobile site and there appeared to be a chat icon...

Disappointed to learn it was only a link to the forum they recently made a balls of too!

Not shy in showing up their shortcomings I'll give SM that

I still haven't moved over to the new layout of the site! :pac: :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement