Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SoccerManager.com (#4) The Boards.ie World

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

I've Kashia, Badu and Zapata on the transfer list. All 87 rated. Badu and Zapata might actually be of interest to some people as they're both only 25.

Kashia's 29 but is quite versatile - Right back, Centre back, and defensive midfield.

All cash by the way, of course. I'll probably just sell to external / unmanaged is there are no takers. I need to get my wage bill down to try and start turning a profit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭Maldjd23

Baumgardlinger is available if anyone wants him for cash. 89 rated and just moved to Leverkusen in real life

• Registered Users Posts: 14,140 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

Maldjd23 wrote: »
    Baumgardlinger is available if anyone wants him for cash. 89 rated and just moved to Leverkusen in real life

Stuck a bid in earlier.

Jurado and Kucka both 88 rated available for cash for any new managers that need them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

I'd be up for the PSV job.

• Advertisement

Apply in the application thread just to keep things above board so to speak,

Should be yours then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

KdeB 94 by Christmas?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭mackeire

Youd be the perfect candidate, you've done a great job with Liege ;)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

I'd say quit and apply straight away as well. PSV can't be that far away from being plundered.

Ah! I see you already had applied. :D:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

And nobody (even the 2 mods) are going to point out the one club per season rule?

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,220 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

And nobody (even the 2 mods) are going to point out the one club per season rule?

That's a rule??

I swapped in my first season as well :pac:

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

I'm sure this came up before and the general consensus is that joining the league for the first time isn't counted as moving clubs. They are still allowed to move again once that season.

Besides, as PSV are free for more than 24 hours they are now effectively first come first served which means anyone, either in the league or outside it, can apply as they were deemed unwanted.

I'm not sure it was 1 club per season, was it not one change of club per season?

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,220 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

I'm not sure it was 1 club per season, was it not one change of club per season?

You are correct, as per the charter
    A manager may only change teams once per season.

So he's fine to change to PSV.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭mackeire

mackeire wrote: »
    Anybody want Adebayor? It's a serious question!

Anyone???

>.>

mackeire wrote: »
    Anyone???

He may have tempted some people had Lyon not pulled out of signing him in real life.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,454 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Cesc FÀBREGAS has completed his move to Tottenham Hotspur from Olympique Lyonnais for 15,000,000 plus Juan CUADRADO and Gylfi SIGURDSSON

Thanks to the Lyon boss who was easy and nice to deal with :)

4 wins in 26 games means I've long since resigned myself to my relegation. Just a case of building the strongest team to bounce back up with now. Fabregas replaces Schweinsteiger in the middle, and Isco can move out wide to replace Cuadrado.

I'd be very wary of Cesc, not getting much game time and on the way down IMO.

James is my worry, getting feck all game time. Should have pushed a move during the summer

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,454 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

KERSPLAT! wrote: »
    I'd be very wary of Cesc, not getting much game time and on the way down IMO.

Yeah, I do realise thats the risk. But on the other hand, he offers more to my team right now, and even if he drops, I figure he's still going to offer more to my team than Cuadrado right now. He's not going to get a -4.

Hopefully :o

If Fellaini can retain his 91, than Fabgreas can keep his 94 for a little while longer yet :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭baza Rakus

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Cesc F BREGAS has completed his move to Tottenham Hotspur from Olympique Lyonnais for 15,000,000 plus Juan CUADRADO and Gylfi SIGURDSSON

Thanks to the Lyon boss who was easy and nice to deal with :)

4 wins in 26 games means I've long since resigned myself to my relegation. Just a case of building the strongest team to bounce back up with now. Fabregas replaces Schweinsteiger in the middle, and Isco can move out wide to replace Cuadrado.

Had the Lyon manager just started playing the game yesterday like?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    Any one ever go back to an old version of championship manager and start a new game?

Did it a few times in the past ... might dig out the discs I have an have a go.

Oldest disk i found...

99-00 season....it works!!!!

Could do with a win ... there is 3 big teams in that drop zone, all capable of putting a run together

Oldest disk i found...

99-00 season....it works!!!!

forgot how difficult it was to sign players when you are newcastle in these games ...

Even an 18yr old John Terry wont sign for me:(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭JamboMac

forgot how difficult it was to sign players when you are newcastle in these games ...

Even an 18yr old John Terry wont sign for me:(

You want teddy Lucic and some Brazilian striker think his name starts with a p.

In other news mandzukic scores a brace in psg 2-0 victory over man Utd.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,472 ✭✭✭Comic Book Guy

2 0 win over Espanyol with goals by Illiaramendi and Pirlo keeps us in touch with the play-off places.

Estudiantes de LP beat West Bromwich Albion 3 - 1 in their Division 3 fixture.
    Balotelli scored a brace and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.
    Ki was also on the scoresheet for his side.

Still clinging on to the coat tails of automatic promotion. Unfortunately, those coat tails are about to be swiftly cut leaving me stranded to fend off the playoff chasers on my own after the trip to Donetsk, followed by the home tie against Flamengo. Ah well, it was nice while it lasted I suppose but all good things must come to and end and all that! :pac:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Wilberto wrote: »
    Still clinging on to the coat tails of automatic promotion. Unfortunately, those coat tails are about to be swiftly cut leaving me stranded to fend off the playoff chasers on my own after the trip to Donetsk, followed by the home tie against Flamengo. Ah well, it was nice while it lasted I suppose but all good things must come to and end and all that! :pac:
    You're as bad as Tupac you are :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

PerrinV2 wrote:
    You're as bad as Tupac you are

Heeeeyyyy....

Ah, your right!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement