Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SoccerManager.com (#4) The Boards.ie World

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,140 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

Hannover's bench warmers yet again defied the odds with a penalty shoot out win over Division 3 table toppers Sporting Lisbon in the Shield.
    Up against Spurs in final, had a look at the team they picked for their semi final.............gulp :eek:
    Have a feeling this could mirror Bradford's run last season but for now............

"Wembley Wembley Wembley" :)

Well done mate, but defied the odds is a bit much, was my bench warmers too :pac:

And so having won on penalties in the previous 3 rounds my luck eventually ran out in the shootout stakes!

I hope you do go on and defy the odds in the Final now! Nothing against TSC or Spurs, but always side with the underdog!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,472 ✭✭✭Comic Book Guy

Well done mate, but defied the odds is a bit much, was my bench warmers too :pac:

And so having won on penalties in the previous 3 rounds my luck eventually ran out in the shootout stakes!

I hope you do go on and defy the odds in the Final now! Nothing against TSC or Spurs, but always side with the underdog!

cheers mate. I tipped you for promotion in the predictions thread and with the way your lads are going im sure Division 2 football will more than compensate!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 353 ✭✭The Internet

Has the Bremen boss actually just swapped Bernat, Alcacer and Milik for Howedes :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭Colemania

Has the Bremen boss actually just swapped Bernat, Alcacer and Milik for Howedes :eek:

I thought it was bad enough with just bernat and milik!

Still 11 games to go but absolutely HUGE match tonight against table toppers Sporting. A draw will see Sporting stay top and my Udinese side stay second, a win for Udinese will see me go top by 1 point and a loss will put me 5 points off the top.

I was beaten 5-0 at home in the reverse fixture so not holding out any hope here but I've gradually improved as the season went on so hopefully I can muster a result!

• Advertisement

Why is Division 1 Real Madrid's max bid for a 10k player higher than my Division 3 Udinese??

Also, thought I was away in the clear to sign a youth player there after seeing all the low bids that were accepted just to see Real Madrid once again outbid me by 5k!!! Not the first time I've been outbid by the smallest of amounts :P

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

Depends on how big your squad is compared to his, and the cover ye have in the position in question I think.

ie. if you have a 90, an 89 and 10 players between 81 and 75 that can cover the position and he only has a 90 and an 86 with 2 more youths for the position, he will be able to bid more ... I THINK

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    Depends on how big your squad is compared to his, and the cover ye have in the position in question I think.

ie. if you have a 90, an 89 and 10 players between 81 and 75 that can cover the position and he only has a 90 and an 86 with 2 more youths for the position, he will be able to bid more ... I THINK

Correct

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Burlap_Sack

Colemania wrote: »
    Why is Division 1 Real Madrid's max bid for a 10k player higher than my Division 3 Udinese??

Also, thought I was away in the clear to sign a youth player there after seeing all the low bids that were accepted just to see Real Madrid once again outbid me by 5k!!! Not the first time I've been outbid by the smallest of amounts :P

I can't outbid anyone for big players so at least let me have the youth:)

This system is confusing! Also, congrats in advance GTI on your 7000th post (it better be in the SM forum) :P

• Advertisement

I can't outbid anyone for big players so at least let me have the youth:)

Aww poor Real Madrid. Tell Robben, Yaya, Cesc, Ramos, Di Maria and Xabi that Darren Fletcher and old man Eto'o say hi :o

This system is confusing! Also, congrats in advance GTI on your 7000th post (it better be in the SM forum) :P

Ok so .... Taddaaaaaa!!! :D

Capture2.png

Ok so .... Taddaaaaaa!!! :D

Capture2.png

I hear people talking about users signatures but how come I have never seen them in all my years on boards? I only ask now as I see it in your screenshot :P

think there is an option to turn them on -- on the desktop site, if you use the 'app/mobile site' you wont see them

think there is an option to turn them on -- on the desktop site, if you use the 'app/mobile site' you wont see them

Using the desktop site ya. Can't see anything about turning them on

control panel (in the little dropdown on your username on top right), options, scroll down ... option there to tick/untick view signatures

control panel (in the little dropdown on your username on top right), options, scroll down ... option there to tick/untick view signatures

Wahey!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Wahey!

Ha ha ha notice all our sig's

Nice to see some Transfer activity ... there have been a good few deals of late.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,050 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Nice to see some Transfer activity ... there have been a good few deals of late.

Anyone wanna sell me a striker?

• Advertisement

eh i dunno wrote: »

Nah, Im good ...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

Just wanna show colemania my sig.

(Nailed on for a +2 in the next review btw)

Al Capwned wrote: »
    Just wanna show colemania my sig.

(Nailed on for a +2 in the next review btw)

Cut of it!

I'm actually gonna turn em off now cos there's so much of them in the threads I follow!!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,140 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

Still 11 games to go but absolutely HUGE match tonight against table toppers Sporting. A draw will see Sporting stay top and my Udinese side stay second, a win for Udinese will see me go top by 1 point and a loss will put me 5 points off the top.

I was beaten 5-0 at home in the reverse fixture so not holding out any hope here but I've gradually improved as the season went on so hopefully I can muster a result!

I'd take a draw now!

eh i dunno wrote: »
    Nah, Im good ...

Btw, I meant there are other teams with much more options up front than me with my 2 strikers....

Surely Musa is due a transfer aaannnnnyyyyy day now :p

4_3 win over the mighty Barcelona. Out of the drop zone

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭JamboMac

First I'd like to thank anzhi getting some pressure off me.

Paris Saint-Germain beat Athletic Club 1 - 0 in their Division 2 fixture.
    Lavezzi scored the winner for Paris Saint-Germain and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

Who needs a 90 Gk?!???

FC Porto beat Bayern München 1 - 0 in their Division 1 fixture.
    Ryan had an impressive game and was voted Man of the Match.
    Matić was on the scoresheet for his side.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Celtic beat Fenerbahçe SK 4 - 1 in their Division 4 fixture.
    Klose scored a goal and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.
    Chedjou and Augusto were also amongst the goalscorers.

Another win.. Now 6pts clear at the top.

And as always the following are available:

Forster - 89 - GK
    Smalling - 89 - CB
    Chadli - 89 - LW,RW,AM

• Advertisement

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    Another win.. Now 6pts clear at the top.

And as always the following are available:

Forster - 89 - GK
    Smalling - 89 - CB
    Chadli - 89 - LW,RW,AM

Do you accept cash?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement