Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SoccerManager.com (#4) The Boards.ie World

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 637 ✭✭✭gerp99

The match ended 3 - 3 between Manchester City and AC Milan in a thrilling Division 1 encounter.
    Cavani scored a goal and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.
    Gabbiadini and Vidal were also amongst the goalscorers.

four points clear 5 games to go!! pressure on :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

MrMac84 wrote: »
    This game is so unrealistic!!

A villa player ACTUALLY SCORING!!! Pfffft

Ooooi .... thought you're WiFi was non existant ....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭JamboMac

Gonna have to start winning only 3 points between me and Ajax and lazio 5 points behind. 15 points up for grabs Ajax have some easy games.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,140 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

A good 5-0 win last night with Lassogo scoring 4!

5 games to go and I have a 4pt cushion over 2nd, but more importantly and 8pt cushion in the Division 3 automatic promotion spots.

Division 4 looks set for a cracking run in. Rangers have regained form since their cup win. An old firm battle at the top with Standard Liege pushing both of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Burlap_Sack

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    :eek:

FC Porto beat Real Madrid 2 - 0 in their Division 1 fixture.
    Shaqiri scored a goal and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.
    Benteke was also on the scoresheet for his side.

Well played.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

Beat Tommy's Roma 4-2. All my goals in the first half again. 3 points behind 2nd, 3rd and 4th now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭tommycahir

Al Capwned wrote: »
    Beat Tommy's Roma 4-2. All my goals in the first half again. 3 points behind 2nd, 3rd and 4th now.

My season seems to have finally fallen apart after an extended good run with 3 loses and 3 draws from the last 6 games.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,050 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

I think my villa boys are now doomed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

eh i dunno wrote: »
    I think my villa boys are now doomed

There's plenty of games left

• Registered Users Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

2nd legs of CL QF's tonight.
    Have to be expecting to go through with a 4-0 agg lead from the first leg.

Atletico, Arsenal and City are the managed clubs in the other 3 games. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭unkymo

All going wrong at Everton at the moment. Lost the League Cup final to Rangers, out of Europe at the semi final to the mighty Granada!!

I should be safe enough with my 42 points in Division 1 though. Waiting for the next season to begin now.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

unkymo wrote: »
    Waiting for the next season to begin now.

Sounds about right..... How about you surprise us and say your going to buy and sell some players instead!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭unkymo

Happy with my squad. Nice and small! No-one for sale at Everton!

unkymo wrote: »
    Happy with my squad. Nice and small! No-one for sale at Everton!

Ultimately it's statements like this that will end the GW, it's naive to think otherwise....

There are currently (with the long serving Shanghai mananger quitting today) 22 unmanaged clubs....

Now we can't deal with Everton so that makes 23 clubs off the list of which we can do deals.....

Don't think it's an understatement to say this is the worst condition the GW has been in and it's only going to go one way from here, pity

• Registered Users Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭Colemania

Ultimately it's statements like this that will end the GW, it's naive to think otherwise....

There are currently (with the long serving Shanghai mananger quitting today) 22 unmanaged clubs....

Now we can't deal with Everton so that makes 23 clubs off the list of which we can do deals.....

Don't think it's an understatement to say this is the worst condition the GW has been in and it's only going to go one way from here, pity

Are there any managers from all the game worlds we're in that would be interested in joining this GW? Even if they were to have a go at it and then if they don't want to stay, they could state their reasons for it and we could then try and improve

You've started early this year. We all know with the end of season approaching where you are headed with this one.

I think it is more damaging for the GW that a poster is getting questioned because he is happy with his squad.

You've started early this year. We all know with the end of season approaching where you are headed with this one.

I think it is more damaging for the GW that a poster is getting questioned because he is happy with his squad.

Presumptuous, but wrong....

I'm not weighing on on that topic anymore, managers flat out refusing to do any deals is a completely seperate issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

Shanghai left?!?!

Man, he was doing a brilliant job there!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭Colemania

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    Shanghai left?!?!

Man, he was doing a brilliant job there!

He's bottom of the table this season and needs 4 points to get out of the relegation zone. I remember last season he beat me in the playoff semi final so hard to know what went wrong this season. Maybe he was just too busy and couldn't put the time into it. Unfortunate to lose another one :(

• Registered Users Posts: 637 ✭✭✭gerp99

In fairness to Tupac he makes a valid point. If Everton is happy with his team then good for him. But he can easily make his team stronger if he makes an attempt to be active in the transfer market. He doesn't have to sell his players even but their are loads of transfer listed players and youths to bid on. He hasnt bought or sold a player from a managed club all season. Its just as damaging to the GW when managers sit on their teams and don't do anything. Their a quite a few day one manages who have literally done nothing to their teams since the 1st season.

Again its his team so he can do what his like, but I can understand Tupac's frustration.

• Advertisement

gerp99 wrote: »
    In fairness to Tupac he makes a valid point. If Everton is happy with his team then good for him. But he can easily make his team stronger if he makes an attempt to be active in the transfer market. He doesn't have to sell his players even but their are loads of transfer listed players and youths to bid on. He hasnt bought or sold a player from a managed club all season. Its just as damaging to the GW when managers sit on their teams and don't do anything. Their a quite a few day one manages who have literally done nothing to their teams since the 1st season.

Again its his team so he can do what his like, but I can understand Tupac's frustration.

He has a point, but only relative to the way he would like the GW to run.

The thing is we all play the game differently and we all spend different amounts of time playing it. I don't agree with the questioning of how the Everton manager has managed his team.

Maybe lads would post more if that kind of talk didn't happen, which would be one of the best things that could happen for the GW.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,050 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

The thing is we all play the game differently and we all spend different amounts of time playing it. I don't agree with the questioning of how the Everton manager has managed his team.

Maybe lads would post more if that kind of talk didn't happen, which would be one of the best things that could happen for the GW.

Agree with this. I've no problem with Everton not making transfers. Let him manage how he wants.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Both points are fair.

Yes its your squad and you can do what you like. But you can't be surprised that your team is doing poorly when you decided not to do any transfers.
    It also stagnates the game world since its already hard enough to sign players. Having someone refuse to sell any players no matter how good the offer seems a bit pointless in my opinion.

But.. Its your team and the important thing is you're still active after all this time. I'd rather see a manager hold onto all his players and stick around rather than someone taking over a club and sell all their best players and then leave a few weeks later.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

I'd be fairly active with transfers or at least I'm always looking for the right deal, that's the way I like to play the game but he's free to sit on his team the same as those swapping players are free to do so as to avoid concerns, a much bigger pain in the arse IMO.

Considering some of the stunts pulled in the past I don't think this is one of the bigger factors having a detrimental effect on the GW. Plenty of transfers to be done if you look in the right place

'The way he (I presume me) would like it run' and what would that be? a GW where managers ACUTALLY did transfers with each other? forgive me for not wanting less than this.... Like it or not it IS a major part of the game & for someone to point blank refuse to do any transfers is not in the spirit of the game IMO....

'Maybe lads would post more if that kind of talk didn't happen' - I'm as entitled to my opinion or what other managers do/do not do as much as anyone else, asking me NOT to post my view is taking away from the thread count post too..... See the irony here.

Also, yes we all do play the game differently, of course the Everton manager is perfectly entitled to shut up shop and do no business...... But ask yourself, what if we all adopted that attitude.... bye bye GW....

KERSPLAT! wrote: »
    I'd be fairly active with transfers or at least I'm always looking for the right deal, that's the way I like to play the game but he's free to sit on his team the same as those swapping players are free to do so as to avoid concerns, a much bigger pain in the arse IMO.

Considering some of the stunts pulled in the past I don't think this is one of the bigger factors having a detrimental effect on the GW. Plenty of transfers to be done if you look in the right place

One less place to look at Everton though, I suppose it is a positive in some lights , it will save some managers some time in the long run even bothering....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

'The way he (I presume me) would like it run' and what would that be? a GW where managers ACUTALLY did transfers with each other? forgive me for not wanting less than this.... Like it or not it IS a major part of the game & for someone to point blank refuse to do any transfers is not in the spirit of the game IMO....

'Maybe lads would post more if that kind of talk didn't happen' - I'm as entitled to my opinion or what other managers do/do not do as much as anyone else, asking me NOT to post my view is taking away from the thread count post too..... See the irony here.

Also, yes we all do play the game differently, of course the Everton manager is perfectly entitled to shut up shop and do no business...... But ask yourself, what if we all adopted that attitude.... bye bye GW....
    One less place to look at Everton though, I suppose it is a positive in some lights , it will save some managers some time in the long run even bothering....

To be fair he does do transfer.. Just not with other managers.

At the end of the day he's been here since the start and should be allowed to do his thing without being called out.

Love how you always resort to the CAPS.

No irony, there would be more posts. I don't want to get myself banned so I will call it quits at that. Many a good manager have gone that way too.

Don't come knocking on Sporting's door either, so update your list.

Love how you always resort to the CAPS.

No irony, there would be more posts. I don't want to get myself banned so I will call it quits at that. Many a good manager have gone that way too.

Don't come knocking on Sporting's door either, so update your list.

LOL 'Resort to' :D

Yes there is Irony only you missed it....

Would that just be ME (I know your a fan of them) or in general?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Burlap_Sack

You can add me to your no transfer list as well...........No need to be questioning how the guy plays the game.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement