Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SoccerManager.com (#4) The Boards.ie World

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,472 ✭✭✭Comic Book Guy

Interesting debate lads and without appearing to sit on the fence I can see valid points on both sides.

What are your views on my situation:
    My first team are in the main in their late 20s and 87-88 rated so I honestly see zero ratings increase in the future so swap deals for me are not too enticing for other clubs!!
    On account of this I have been investing in youth, got a few highly rated youngsters but majority are calculated risks. You don't have to point out the obvious flaw in this system!!

Anyway without inviting any bids on these lads what could I expect swap wise for the better prospects or would I be looking at throwing in 2 together with bit of money to get close to an elusive 89 rated player?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

Well if anything at least there are some posts here tonight.....

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

Not sure if I want to comment on this topic ... :eek::rolleyes::confused:

Ok so I will ... :P

To be fair to Everton, its been his position from day one, I made a few inquiries in Season1 after a Belgian on his squad and was told he wasnt selling anyone.
    Same scenario start of season2 ... I just stopped asking after that ...

I've turned my squad upside down about 4-5times since starting the league, thats how I play the game.
    It is true that it makes it harder for me to play 'my way' when some managers wont sell and 1/4 of the teams are unmanaged but ... maybe Everton/other with the same approach just havent been offered the right deal just yet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 966 ✭✭✭Mourinho

I think we should all be selling. In fact I think we should sell so much that we end up with each others squads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 353 ✭✭The Internet

Interesting debate lads and without appearing to sit on the fence I can see valid points on both sides.

What are your views on my situation:
    My first team are in the main in their late 20s and 87-88 rated so I honestly see zero ratings increase in the future so swap deals for me are not too enticing for other clubs!!
    On account of this I have been investing in youth, got a few highly rated youngsters but majority are calculated risks. You don't have to point out the obvious flaw in this system!!

Anyway without inviting any bids on these lads what could I expect swap wise for the better prospects or would I be looking at throwing in 2 together with bit of money to get close to an elusive 89 rated player?

I was in a similar position to you and I managed to get an 89 and a young 88 in exchange for three of my most promising youths

ZE32FUH.png

I tend to stay away from the new players list apart from the odd player now and again, there's still plenty of value to be had at the external teams though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 966 ✭✭✭Mourinho

I was in a similar position to you and I managed to get an 89 and a young 88 in exchange for three of my most promising youths

ZE32FUH.png

I tend to stay away from the new players list apart from the odd player now and again, there's still plenty of value to be had at the external teams though.

I had enough feckin trouble prising Brandt & Gaudino from your hands :D

To quote mock the week "Charles, you'll have to prise the crown from my cold dead hands" :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 353 ✭✭The Internet

You may have got them two but nobody will be getting Dybala or Lucas Silva from me :cool:

Suppose its all down to your 'angle' ....

I'd sell established first teamers for really talented kids ... others wouldnt dream of letting 89/90's go for a pair of 83/84

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

I'm going to weigh in on this - why? Because I can.

"We must learn to live together as brothers, or perish together as fools"

Now Luther King was talking about something a lot more serious than this GW but the principle applies all the same. We cannot have managers criticising each other on thread for something like this. If the Everton manager had royally screwed the Lazio manager in one of those "give you a player later" deals then I could understand criticising someone on thread. But this thread is not the place to criticise someone whose transfer policy may differ from yours. Not so long ago the Cruzeiro manager had to defend his transfer policy (focusing on youths) and that wasn't right either. I have good time for the Lazio manager but I think he has slipped up here.

If this GW is to survive we must not lash out at each other - we do not need to embrace each other, but we must learn to tolerate each others differences and quirks. If we all played the game in the same way it would get boring very quickly.

I must go now as I have to give a speech to my three cats about the essence of humanity. Goodnight.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭JamboMac

My Final 5 games followed by Ajax and Lazio's.
    Who has the easier run in?

Final5_zpsov1nmsww.png

Ajax5_zpssysmghrp.png

laz_zpstd2mls38.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭mackeire

Current highest bid for palombo at spartak is 6.7m.
    Anyone want to do any better?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭mackeire

mackeire wrote: »
    Current highest bid for palombo at spartak is 6.7m.
    Anyone want to do any better?

up to 7m now

• Registered Users Posts: 12,050 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

It's win it bust for villa tonight. If I lose its time to plan for next season and clear out the dead wood

JamboMac wrote: »
    My Final 5 games followed by Ajax and Lazio's.
    Who has the easier run in?

Final5_zpsov1nmsww.png

Ajax5_zpssysmghrp.png

laz_zpstd2mls38.png

Only managed a draw the other 2 won and lavezzi is out for the rest of the season.

Have a feeling soccer manager is gonna screw me after being top for most of the season.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,050 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

eh i dunno wrote: »
    It's win it bust for villa tonight. If I lose its time to plan for next season and clear out the dead wood

A draw at juve keeps me alive just. 5 points behind Dortmund who I play on Sunday

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

My score? Cheers

KERSPLAT! wrote: »
    My score? Cheers
    You won 2 0, schwein and alaba. and up to 11th!!

We beat Velez Sarsfield 3 0 in prob our best performance all season. Up to 8th

All of sudden Im 7pts clear of the team in 11th with 12pts left up for grabs and 10th being the last european spot :cool:

FC Porto beat Chelsea 2 - 1 in their Division 1 fixture.
    Sandro scored a goal and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.
    Balotelli was also on the scoresheet for his side.

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭irishgoldberg

6 wins from the last 7 games sees inter move into 6th place, next up is a visit from the league leaders psg :eek:

6 wins from the last 7 games sees inter move into 6th place, next up is a visit from the league leaders psg :eek:

Going by my form, I'm the worried one in this situation.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭Colemania

3-1 win against my first team in this GW and promotion rivals Espanyol which now means I need 8 points from the remaining 12 available to get promoted to guarantee promotion. Of course if I win my next 2 games and auxerre lose one of these, I shall be promoted!

Can't see myself catching sporting who are 4 points ahead.

Just browsing the Divisions ... Cant believe Fiorentina, Shaktar, Kyiv, Valencia arent an attractive option for D3 / D4 managers :eek:

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    Just browsing the Divisions ... Cant believe Fiorentina, Shaktar, Kyiv, Valencia arent an attractive option for D3 / D4 managers :eek:

im still trying to implement my "philosophy" at Hannover but they are tempting!
    End of season will prob see lads take stock and look at options?

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭ikeano29

Hamburg beat Tottenham Hotspur 3 - 1 in their Division 1 fixture.
    Banega scored a goal and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.
    Hunt and Vílla were also amongst the goalscorers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

A decent run sees me up to 11th, 4 wins and 2 draws in the last 6 games. Hopefully the form continues into the new season!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭TheGunns

Ajax beat Dynamo Kyiv 2 - 1 in their Division 2 fixture.
    Eriksen scored a goal and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.
    Hahn was also on the scoresheet for his side.

Only 4 games to go, 1 off the top and 3 ahead of playoffs :eek: I can't say SM has ever had me more nervous :D

TheGunns wrote: »
    Ajax beat Dynamo Kyiv 2 - 1 in their Division 2 fixture.
    Eriksen scored a goal and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.
    Hahn was also on the scoresheet for his side.

Only 4 games to go, 1 off the top and 3 ahead of playoffs :eek: I can't say SM has ever had me more nervous :D

I'm ****ting kittens as we speak.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »

Are you trying to get Mike Litoris sacked are what? :P :D

I.E. I think you meant Anzhi!

:pac:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Also, I was looking at Dynamo Kiev myself, if only to work with KJ Huntelaar in this game world after seeing what I'm getting out of him in the Draft League!

Then again, the two leagues are slightly incomparable! :pac:

• Advertisement

Wilberto wrote: »
    Are you trying to get Mike Litoris sacked are what? :P :D

I.E. I think you meant Anzhi!

:pac:

Ooops

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement