Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SoccerManager.com (#4) The Boards.ie World

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

Other results mean I still havent sealed that european spot ...

FC Porto slumped to a 2 - 1 defeat to Borussia Dortmund in their Division 1 fixture.
    Morata was on the scoresheet for his side.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,488 ✭✭✭Ordinary man

Mixed feeling after the match tonight for the panathinakos team as having come from 2 down to equalise with a late goal, they see themselves slip away from playoff places down to 9th. With their next game against the might of sporting, it looks like midtable security will be the only comfort of the season

• Registered Users Posts: 637 ✭✭✭gerp99

article-2625848-1DC1698000000578-717_634x429.jpg

Manchester City outclassed Aston Villa and beat them 3 - 1 in their Division 1 fixture.
    Gabbiadini scored a goal and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.
    Hulk and Modrić were also amongst the goalscorers.

Delighted to have retained the title. Thanks for all the congrats. Was really close up till a few weeks ago. Roma especially were excellent all season.

Also don't know if anyone seen but Ath Madrid smashed me 7-0 during the week which was awful.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

Congrats Ger. Fair play to you, well deserved pal.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,472 ✭✭✭Comic Book Guy

Mixed feeling after the match tonight for the panathinakos team as having come from 2 down to equalise with a late goal, they see themselves slip away from playoff places down to 9th. With their next game against the might of sporting, it looks like midtable security will be the only comfort of the season

Look at it from my side and it's equally annoying. 2 up after 23 mins, go down to 10 men a minute later and concede a last minute equaliser :mad:

That's end of my playoff hopes with us finishing season with 2 difficult away trips, it's the hope that's the killer!

Congrats to Ger on back to back titles, great achievement. Well done to Ajax too on promotion and last but no means least well done to Udinese on promotion to division 2, you gave me my biggest whipping this season so fully deserved achievement.

Some great battles still to be resolved, who will get second automatic spot in div 2 and awful tight 3 way battle in div 4.

• Advertisement

Look at it from my side and it's equally annoying. 2 up after 23 mins, go down to 10 men a minute later and concede a last minute equaliser :mad:

That's end of my playoff hopes with us finishing season with 2 difficult away trips, it's the hope that's the killer!

Congrats to Ger on back to back titles, great achievement. Well done to Ajax too on promotion and last but no means least well done to Udinese on promotion to division 2, you gave me my biggest whipping this season so fully deserved achievement.

Some great battles still to be resolved, who will get second automatic spot in div 2 and awful tight 3 way battle in div 4.

Cheers, every division is very tight. Must be the quickest Div 1 has been resolved ever with all the relegation places already confirmed.

gerp99 wrote: »
    Cheers, every division is very tight. Must be the quickest Div 1 has been resolved ever with all the relegation places already confirmed.

Just means that after getting wins against the likes of Real Madrid and Roma on the run-in, Porto dont have any worries about derailing your bid for the title when they beat you next :P

• Registered Users Posts: 12,050 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

The villa officially relegated tonight. Planning a big shake up in my squad. Want to build a new younger team for division 2

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭jukebox2310

All FC Twente players are up for grabs. Looking to shake things up. No silly offers will be listened to and will be rejected immediately.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Kyiv getting fleeced.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭Colemania

Maybe someone should have explained to him that cash is worthless.......

In fairness there are 4 other bids in for his players, one from me included, but mine isn't as unfair as the ones he has accepted! 22m cash for a 92 striker and 13m plus an 89 midfielder with PAOK for a 91 rated midfielder. Well I suppose with the latter, Paulinho will drop to 90 in the next season or so and Noboa will drop to 88 soon too i expect

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

People moan about managers not selling and how people will leave.. Then go ahead and start ripping off new managers that just join and are unaware.

Hypocrite is an understatement.

I'll consider bids on about 90% of my team. Just because I like doing transfers :P and im bored

gerp99 wrote: »
    I'll consider bids on about 90% of my team. Just because I like doing transfers :P and im bored

What team?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

eh i dunno wrote: »
    What team?

Celtic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

KERSPLAT! wrote: »
    Kyiv getting fleeced.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/member.php?u=164584

Here's his boards profile łads
    He met all the criteria

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭modo85

So with a strike force of ballatelli, neymar and huntelaar ye wud have to fancy lazio to get promoted either auto or through play offs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

MrMac84 wrote: »
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/member.php?u=164584

Here's his boards profile łads
    He met all the criteria

I didn't question the account, the transfer etiquette of those dealing with the new manager, that on the other hand...

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭modo85

I have to laugh at the amount of people lodging bids to kiev.

This is like a shop owner walking to the bank to lodge their takings for the day only to drop their money everywhere, lots of people gather around and start helping him/her but some cant help but pocket some. When one individual is confronted he has no shame and walks away then a few more are confronted and their response is " i didnt take as much as him"

Morale of the story 2 wrongs dont make a right so do the right think and withdraw your bids untill he gets a feel for the game

I saw someone bid for a player on my short list who's with Kiev. I've withdrawn now though

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

KERSPLAT! wrote: »
    I didn't question the account, the transfer etiquette of those dealing with the new manager, that on the other hand...

I know that im just posting before people ask who he is

modo85 wrote: »
    So with a strike force of ballatelli, neymar and huntelaar ye wud have to fancy lazio to get promoted either auto or through play offs

Ballo is at porto mate

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

Transfer listed a few players - mainly young lads, Riviere is up there - might do a job for some of the Div 3 lads

I considered bidding but my chairman seems to think my players are made from gold.

was going to put in a strong 2 player deal for Cahill, his chair thought it was low, might thought it was miles high so i reverted to looking for youngsters...

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭dmca77

Am with Kiev, just getting used to the game

Welcome.

Prepare for tons of advise :p

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭dmca77

Thanks, I'll need it

dmca77 wrote: »
    Thanks, I'll need it

use the soccer manager forum website. Big help with all aspects of the game, transfers, tactics and predicting rises.

To be fair, not many have managed to get 2 pages added to our thread on a friday for a long time! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

dmca77 wrote: »
    Thanks, I'll need it

Given recent circumstances should we open the option to re-start with another team?

P.S. Welcome - welcome to Hell

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement