Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SoccerManager.com (#4) The Boards.ie World

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Colemania wrote: »
    Ok I'm just going to put this out here. At the moment my Udinese squad is unarguably very good, especially for a Division 3 team, and to be honest I see teams in Division 2 where I think that on paper my team has an advantage over yet I cannot keep this team consistent. I briefly considered applying for the Shakhtar job as they are 2nd in Division 2 (and i'm not going to get their any time soon with my form!) but I honestly think my team is better on paper, albeit a few of my players could drop in the next year or so.

I have to say all these managers with lesser rated squads should be commended for doing so well because I just can't get my team going! Beat one of the title favourites PSV 5-1 and then get destroyed 5-0 a few games later! Eto'o was banging in goals for every other team he was with and he's doing feck all for me.

Someone help!!! Here since April I think but still consider myself as a bit of a newbie regarding tactics and so on. I think that if any half decent manager took over my team, they'd blitz the league and do well in division 2 also. It's just so frustrating :mad:

RANT OVER

Don't over complicate tactics bud be my advice

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭swoody

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Don't over complicate tactics bud be my advice

and grow an awesome beard.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,050 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

And sell your top players to villa

• Registered Users Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

Looks like the Italian review has begun with Parma....

I'd still expect some late risers from France though, usually 1-2 they rise a few days into moving on to a new league....

The Roma review could make or break my season more than any other club!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

A draw is about the most I'm hoping for :/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 637 ✭✭✭gerp99

Ger Power was unable to prevent a Manchester City defeat to Arsenal.
    Manchester City slumped to a 2 - 0 defeat to Arsenal in their Division 1 fixture.

Fair play to Arsenal but when you are losing to a side with Pires and and Ljungberg its a joke.

Game engine is a disgrace.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭Maldjd23

A 2-1 victory against Newcastle!
    Insigne the leagues top scorer!!
    Volland top of the assist table!!!
    Good times here in Naples!!!!

Some more exclamation marks for the hell of it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Get in!! 3-2 at home against Atleti. Went 1-0 up, 1-1, 2-1, 2-2 and then Musa comes on for Muller to grab the winner :) delighted!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭JamboMac

Still climbing devision 2.

James Mcconville steered Paris Saint-Germain to victory against Sunderland.
    Paris Saint-Germain beat Sunderland 3 - 0 in their Division 2 fixture.
    Mandžukić scored a goal and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.
    Kompany and Ménez were also amongst the goalscorers.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

In their backyard ... gotta be happy with that ...

Certified Cable Tie Technician earned a draw with FC Porto against Barcelona.
    The match ended 3 - 3 between FC Porto and Barcelona in a thrilling Division 1 encounter.
    Firmino scored a goal and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.
    Santon and Benteke were also amongst the goalscorers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,050 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Lost 3-2 in Rome. Only 1 defeat in last 2 games :) still rick bottom

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Burlap_Sack

Real Madrid outclassed AC Milan and beat them 3 - 2 in their Division 1 fixture.
    Fàbregas scored a goal and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.
    Robben was also on the scoresheet for his side.

Been a sloppy first ten games but happy enough to not be too far off the top.

Lost 2-0 at Valencia....

True to life though, Balotelli still has not found the net!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭Colemania

Due to some advice after my rant earlier, I beat Galatasaray away 3 nil. Close league again this season

• Registered Users Posts: 3,472 ✭✭✭Comic Book Guy

Had a mix of youth and squad players out in the cup on Tuesday.
    Brought my entire first choice team back in for tonights game against Bremen, click in and look at both teams player list before finding out the result only to discover my team is the exact same as the cup team, I only bloody forgot to hit the "confirm match day squad" button :mad:
    Had a message that a new club record has been set so now I'm dreading a new club record defeat since there is a difference of 47 points in the starting XIs.
    Instead I find that we scored late on for a 1 all draw and are now 9 games unbeaten :)

The anger at my novice mistake is balanced out by it not being too costly.
    Full 100% team for sunday now where I bet my unbeaten run comes to an end :)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,454 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Win vs Juventus keeps me top. The dream continues....

• Registered Users Posts: 7,671 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

Beaten 3-0 by Udinese last night, after a 8-game unbeaten run at the start of the season in all competitions I've now lost my last 4 games 2-0 3-0 5-2 3-0, making very little changes :pac:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

I like the way I skilfully loaned in Paul-Georges Ntep when he was 85 knowing damn well he'd get at least a +2, and guess what?

He got a +2! :D:D I know he's only on loan but still!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭unkymo

Top half of Division 1 with my Everton team after beating Man Utd, through to the second round of both Cups and in Europe as well, going along nicely so far this season!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,488 ✭✭✭Ordinary man

Wilberto wrote: »
    I like the way I skilfully loaned in Paul-Georges Ntep when he was 85 knowing damn well he'd get at least a +2, and guess what?

He got a +2! :D:D I know he's only on loan but still!

It's a nice feeling. I got kurzawa as an 86, now he's one of my top defenders at 88. I'm hoping he'll not want to leave and the napoli manager will allow him stay permanently :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭Maldjd23

It's a nice feeling. I got kurzawa as an 86, now he's one of my top defenders at 88. I'm hoping he'll not want to leave and the napoli manager will allow him stay permanently :p

He has already been on the phone begging me to come home!!:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

Maldjd23 wrote: »
    He has already been on the phone begging me to come home!!:D:D:D

Here,.... Thiago asked me to tell ya to stop ringing him ... He's happy in Portugal, he's not into these swingers parties you keep inviting him to and the sight of you wearing nothing but a christmas stocking ( the small ones it has to be said) in the last set of 'Come play for me' pictures is haunting him in his sleep

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭TheGunns

Changes that are on the way! Could shake things up quite a bit

http://forum.soccermanager.com/showthread.php?t=171929

TheGunns wrote: »

they're as bad as mac when it come to implementing change so don't count your chickens before they hatch.

TheGunns wrote: »

So..... Longer term managers will NO LONGER be able to compete for top free agents? Way to reward those putting the effort into the game SM....

Agree with most on that list (like Swoody said though, don't hold your breath!) But that is just ridiculous. Singling out the long term managers is wrong and not the way to deal with the free agents IMO

If a player has a concern their rating drops. For example a 92 rated player on a Level 1 concern will drop to 90. If their concern then goes to Level 2 then the rating will then be 88 etc.

Now this I do like!!!!! That combined with the rate of concern levels increasing should see far less 90s on benches!!

If a player has a concern their rating drops. For example a 92 rated player on a Level 1 concern will drop to 90. If their concern then goes to Level 2 then the rating will then be 88 etc.

Now this I do like!!!!! That combined with the rate of concern levels increasing should see far less 90s on benches!!

I don't think so. In theory it's good but I've had 91s on the bench for quite a while and have kept them happy.

If concerns grow quicker then it may work.

Good idea if implemented properly, IMO

KERSPLAT! wrote: »
    but I've had 91s on the bench for quite a while and have kept them happy.

Hence the reason they are changing it.....

Hence the reason they are changing it.....

just like Rule E.20 across the water.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

Ok I've assessed my Milan squad. It is ok. I need a stop-gap striker for tomorrow though. 88/89. Happy to consider a reasonable swap if someone can move quickly or have a few quid left after the computer manager signed a dozen players last week.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement