Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SoccerManager.com (#4) The Boards.ie World

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

modo85 wrote: »
    Ah well..... Any chance your a fan of future belgian stars :)

I think the lad that liked this post is by far and away your best bet ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,488 ✭✭✭Ordinary man

When does this season officially end?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

Wilberto?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 966 ✭✭✭Mourinho

I know :eek:

Maybe he's just taking over another club?

• Advertisement

Mourinho wrote: »

Hasnt applied for one ... maybe he clicked the 'X' by accident, stumbled and entered his password...:(

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    Hasnt applied for one ... maybe he clicked the 'X' by accident, stumbled and entered his password...:(

And we only after planning his birthday party GT :(

Ok ...

I think I'm going to sell ZUÑIGA, Camilo (D,DM,M(RL) - 29yr - 90r). Gonna need a p/e ...

Let me know what you got ....

Or could be the old Malaga manager kicked his ass??

Or could be the old Malaga manager kicked his ass??

which one, there's been a few ... ;)

On that note, ...

What team is the townbike of our gameworld? :D

And what manager has had more clubs than hot dinners? :p

• Advertisement

On that note, ...

Well only one old Malaga manager beating the recently departed one tonight!!

Townbike, hmmmmm let me think on that one, eh....

Nah, ehhhhhhhhhh, can't think of anyone off hand but eh,

Leave it with me, eh

• Registered Users Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

2 clubs for me. Barcelona, and AZ who sadly seem to be drifting.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Hello,

I've taken a decision I've been thinking about for quite some time, not because I want to but because I know I have to. I'm not really in the best of places at the moment and, believe it or not, soccer manager (amongst other online things) has a little part to play in that (not directly of course). I know some of you will look at my soccer manager profile and see that I'm still managing 4 clubs, but the truth is, all I do there is log in, watch the game, and set up the team for the next game. Literally 10 minutes per week. Of course I'm also an accountant (or trainee) so the idea of wasting good money by letting my gold membership run down with no teams would kill me!

Hopefully, I can return in the future when I'm a little better, but for now I need a little break from what feels like being on here 24/7. I'll still be around, just nowhere as much as I have been while I try to sort myself out.

Of course, I also have the small matter of an accounting exams to pass!

Also, to the manager I had a deal with, I'm sorry. Maybe I should have went through with the deal but, not knowing whether I'd still be there or not, I didn't want to do a deal that any prospective manager might not have been happy with.

I think I've left a good squad behind me. I've strengthened the depth of the defence a little bit with the additions of Schar and Reid, although I did have to leave Cabaye go when I brought in Schar and Muriel. (Still thought Roma slightly got the better of me there but I like Schar!:)). However, as long as the new manager can keep players injury free, and convert some of those draws into wins (there were a lot of draws last season!) then Malaga should be almost be certainties for automatic promotion.

Anyway, like I said, I'll still be around, just nowhere near the 24/7 basis that I used to be as I need to make some changes to the way things are at the moment.

Wilberto wrote: »
    Hello,

I've taken a decision I've been thinking about for quite some time, not because I want to but because I know I have to. I'm not really in the best of places at the moment and, believe it or not, soccer manager (amongst other online things) has a little part to play in that (not directly of course). I know some of you will look at my soccer manager profile and see that I'm still managing 4 clubs, but the truth is, all I do there is log in, watch the game, and set up the team for the next game. Literally 10 minutes per week. Of course I'm also an accountant (or trainee) so the idea of wasting good money by letting my gold membership run down with no teams would kill me!

Hopefully, I can return in the future when I'm a little better, but for now I need a little break from what feels like being on here 24/7. I'll still be around, just nowhere as much as I have been while I try to sort myself out.

Of course, I also have the small matter of an accounting exams to pass!

Also, to the manager I had a deal with, I'm sorry. Maybe I should have went through with the deal but, not knowing whether I'd still be there or not, I didn't want to do a deal that any prospective manager might not have been happy with.

I think I've left a good squad behind me. I've strengthened the depth of the defence a little bit with the additions of Schar and Reid, although I did have to leave Cabaye go when I brought in Schar and Muriel. (Still thought Roma slightly got the better of me there but I like Schar!:)). However, as long as the new manager can keep players injury free, and convert some of those draws into wins (there were a lot of draws last season!) then Malaga should be almost be certainties for automatic promotion.

Anyway, like I said, I'll still be around, just nowhere near the 24/7 basis that I used to be as I need to make some changes to the way things are at the moment.

No bother on the deal buddy. Feck SM hope your RL circumstances are ok, if you need a chat or anything just PM me.

Another thing tho, about feeling your on here 24/7, drop that feckin mod thing imo if you come back, a thing like that can mean unhealthy amount of time online and zaps all the fun outta a forum, games, etc. My 2c.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

No bother on the deal buddy. Feck SM hope your RL circumstances are ok, if you need a chat or anything just PM me.

Another thing tho, about feeling your on here 24/7, drop that feckin mod thing imo if you come back, a thing like that can mean unhealthy amount of time online and zaps all the fun outta a forum, games, etc. My 2c.

Naw, believe it or not, the moderator thing takes no time at all really. Now, if I was the moderator of the After Hours forum then that would be a different story, but there's rarely anything to do either here as a moderator apart from delete the odd duplicate post or chime in whenever a few debates get a little bit heated.

Wilberto wrote: »
    Naw, believe it or not, the moderator thing takes no time at all really. Now, if I was the moderator of the After Hours forum then that would be a different story, but there's rarely anything to do either here as a moderator apart from delete the odd duplicate post or chime in whenever a few debates get a little bit heated.

Just speaking from experience from other games years back as a young fella, but sure if it works for you :)

Wilberto .... Look after yourself mate ... much more important than a football game ...

PS: Sorry to hear you are going to become a boring accountant :p

On that note, ...

Ignoring where a manager succeeds himself ... there are 3 clubs that are 7 managers in ...

CSKA Moskva
    FC Basel
    Sporting de Braga

• Registered Users Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭Colemania

Seeing as there are no polls up (cough.....GT), i said I'd post here regarding my managers of the year.

Division 1 - Man City/Hamburg (Fantastic achievement to win back to back titles by city but also an honourable mention to a fairly new Hamburg manager who guided them to 9th place, level on points with 8th, after some tipped for relegation)
    Division 2 - Ajax (Weren't one of the favourites for promotion so massive achievement to not only get promoted but also win the league)
    Division 3 - Panathinaikos/Hanover (2 fairly new managers and did very well with their squads. Both narrowly missed out on the playoffs also. Would have been Espanyol before they dropped off from 2nd to 6th thus denying back to back automatic promotions but may still get promoted via playoffs)
    Division 4 - Standard Liege (Really hope they get promoted. Great work done with that squad)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭JamboMac

Think I've had the most clubs. In this order Rangers then Celtic from there I think kiev then Hamburg and finally PSG, so that's 5. Kiev and Hamburg might be back to front.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭mackeire

JamboMac wrote:
    Think I've had the most clubs. In this order Rangers then Celtic from there I think kiev then Hamburg and finally PSG, so that's 5. Kiev and Hamburg might be back to front.
    I've only had the one club from day one!
    The mighty Spartak Mongos!

I had 3 clubs in my first 4 months in the league.......Finally settled :P

EDIT:
    6 games with Espanyol
    14 games with Palmeiras
    82 games (and counting) with Udinese

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

Wilberto....

a4ce86910e07eeb03a5d3979e767c1efde27bb0e4f300330c51707908804ea4e.jpg

Only a couple of hours, left before PSG and Lazio learn their faith. Will it be div 1 or 2 next season. Hope the players have the energy left.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,140 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

Congrats to

PSG

Espanyol

and

Standard Liege.

Finally got there, commiserations to those who lost.

Paris Saint-Germain beat SS Lazio 2 - 0 in the final to lift the trophy.
    Fernando scored a goal and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.
    Maxwell was also on the scoresheet for his side.

Congrats to

PSG

Espanyol

and

Standard Liege.
    Delighted

mackeire wrote: »
    Delighted

So delighted because division 2 just got lot more difficult with the teams that dropped in and I get a trophy for finishing 4th.

JamboMac wrote:
    So delighted because division 2 just got lot more difficult with the teams that dropped in and I get a trophy for finishing 4th.
    MOD SNIP
    Well done though.

• Advertisement

5 goals for valdez for Espanyol! Top scorer in all divisions I think. Remember signing him from an external when I was at Espanyol!

Well done to all the promoted teams

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement