Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SoccerManager.com (#4) The Boards.ie World

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

eh i dunno wrote: »
    Finding it harder than ever to do deals. Anyone else the same?

Certainly getting offers in that are nowhere near what I would value certain players, and am sure some people would likely give out about so,e of my offers too :p

Honestly, I think a lot of people have sculpted their teams to a stage they are happy with who they have, so crazy season isn't as big a factor.. I have one offer in for Montalivo I will probably accept this morning, but otherwise, a lot of the offers I am getting are so far off the mark, it's crazy. Just cause I have someone transfer listed doesn't mean I will give them away for nothing :/

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭modo85

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Certainly getting offers in that are nowhere near what I would value certain players, and am sure some people would likely give out about so,e of my offers too :p

Honestly, I think a lot of people have sculpted their teams to a stage they are happy with who they have, so crazy season isn't as big a factor.. I have one offer in for Montalivo I will probably accept this morning, but otherwise, a lot of the offers I am getting are so far off the mark, it's crazy. Just cause I have someone transfer listed doesn't mean I will give them away for nothing :/

Thats fair enough if you feel an offer is bad but from the point of a manager bidding on players that are listed or not, we want to get the best value we can aswell so the first bid can always be a 'test the water' bid. All it takes is to send a counter offer back or even reject the offer.

One of my youths just got a + 10 this morning. Didnt know there was a +10. Anyone ever get a +10 or higher?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭Colemania

modo85 wrote: »
    One of my youths just got a + 10 this morning. Didnt know there was a +10. Anyone ever get a +10 or higher?

I read so much about that Lee Evans guy on the SM forums getting a big rise that they're probably all glad it finally happened now! Nice 10k purchase from you!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Thats fair enough if you feel an offer is bad but from the point of a manager bidding on players that are listed or not, we want to get the best value we can aswell so the first bid can always be a 'test the water' bid. All it takes is to send a counter offer back or even reject the offer.

Oh, don't get me wrong. I fully appreciate that aspect of making an offer, and would hope most people would see I try and do the same. Often, if I feel the offer is a testing the waters bid, I'll throw back the counter offer, if there's players involved I might want. Sometimes/often, to be blunt, there's not a player on the bidder's team I would want so I will likely close off discussions there.

I'm more talking about the people who have teams of 90 rated players, but are trying to offer you an 82 and an 85 for a 91 rated player. That's not testing the waters, that's taking the **** :P

(Waits for someone to come on giving out about my offers now :P)

I'd hope most would know I like to switch my team round every now and again, and I'm more than happy to take like-for-like bids and trades when possible. Took Terry for Montolivo this morning; Terry worth less, but I needed a defender who was higher than 89 and with Kroos in now, could let Motolivo go. Schurrle/Turan/Pedro/Boateng/Walker are all listed and will happily do like-for-like swaps, but I've no interest in potential or numerous lower rated players right now. It's a refreshening I'm after right now :)

As for Rodriquez/Ronaldinho/Ibraro etc, I'll be moving at least one on but not until I see how the rest of the transfer window pans out, so I'll alert people when thats happening :)

• Advertisement

Colemania wrote: »
    I read so much about that Lee Evans guy on the SM forums getting a big rise that they're probably all glad it finally happened now! Nice 10k purchase from you!

Nice alright, a 20 year old now valued at 1.9 million. Who said cash was worthless :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

I got a +16 when at Sao Paulo, I'll find him and post later. There was a thread about biggest rises, think I put it there already

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

Still available at Porto ...

Player | Pos | Age | Rate
    ZUÑIGA, Camilo | D,DM,M(RL) | 29 | 90
    MATIĆ, Nemanja | DM,M(C) | 26 | 92

Have no problem holding on to them if no suitable offers come in, but will listen to offers ...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭mackeire

mackeire wrote:
    MOD SNIP

?

mackeire wrote: »
    ?

No idea ... didnt see it before it got snipped

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 637 ✭✭✭gerp99

Andrés INIESTA has completed his move to Manchester City from Manchester United for 1,200,000 plus Luka MODRIĆ and Leandro CASTÁN

That is me probably done for the big deals. If he does drop in the future is will only be by 1. Can easily do a Pirlo.

8 bids in for Vargas with 3 of them coming from Division 2. Would be a great buy for a Division 3 or 4 team so very surprised there isn't more bids.

Going to do the draw at about 5 as I won't have access to a laptop between 1 and 5 and heading away at half 5.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭Maldjd23

Just wanna say fair play to Real Madrid...Of all the crappy bids i put in yesterday they were the only team had the decency to reject my offer!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭JamboMac

Is maxwell scherrer that bad that I get no interest, well in all fairness I think one bid of some random players was bid, thought 90 rated player might attract more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

mackeire wrote: »
    ?

Do not question mods on thread! Pm them if you have an issue

The Vargas Transfer window has now.................CLOSED!

Results within the next 5 minutes

And the winner is........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

And the winner is........

Congrades

Works different on touch site

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭mackeire

Do not question mods on thread! Pm them if you have an issue
    sorry your majesty

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

• Registered Users Posts: 12,050 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Who got Vargas lads. No WiFi atm

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

eh i dunno wrote: »
    Who got Vargas lads. No WiFi atm

you did :D

1a8883ceaac1bb0dd3f63fd601c8eba49ef8b5a6348b88e9bf3c0992d3490bfb.jpg

my thoughts exactly :cool:

Season 6 winners thread, eh here....
    http://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057404913/1/#post94869876

Dunno what the hell with the other one!!! Ha!!!

No likes on my video for the raffle after all that effort. I feel so unappreciated :(

Well done villa anyway. Had the draw done earlier before spartak bid late so you got a bit lucky!

No likes on my video for the raffle after all that effort. I feel so unappreciated :(

Well done villa anyway. Had the draw done earlier before spartak bid late so you got a bit lucky!

Era they took the piss out of my effort to put up a season 6 thread even more! Its all good!!!!

Was it not a D3_D4 thing?

• Advertisement

Era they took the piss out of my effort to put up a season 6 thread even more! Its all good!!!!

Tbf your effort was quite sh!t :p

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement