Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SoccerManager.com (#4) The Boards.ie World

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

Buckled.
    Everyone is for sale.

(might be lying. Or asleep by the time offers come in)
    either way, it's a sunday, nearly a monday and I love this game more than some of half of you might deserve.

/yaaaaaaaa

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    So ...

Lets make today Super Transfer Sunday?! :p

The phrase 'damp squib' comes to mind ... :(

Deal completed.

Camilo ZUÑIGA has completed his move to AS Roma from FC Porto for 3,000,000 plus Kevin KAMPL and Rúben VEZO

Thanks Roma. Nice and easy transfer.

Looks like some of my Belgian players got touched (and not in an inappropriote manner) this morning.

Meunier +1 to 87
    Mitrovic +1 to 87

• Registered Users Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭Colemania

Final list of available players before the new season starts. There may be a few teams who can't deal with me until the new season anyway due to the 3 transfer rule but PM me if you're interested in anyone anyway. PLEASE don't send me a cash offer for any players unless stated.

Benzia is 99% gone as soon as the new season starts so I won't be taking any bids on him.
    Also, I'll be holding on to Herrera for a while to see if he gets a rise but if anyone is very interested in him, I'll be treating him as being 89 as i'm that confident he'll get an increase!

So the list of available players are:

Siqueira (89) - I've been told by many to hold on to him but there seems to be a lot of interest in him. No offers so far have come class to what I want so please don't offer avg 88s or an aging 89 for him.
    Jansen (89) - Yes I know he's pushing on but he'll still be a good player for a lot of clubs. May take 88s for him but if you know yourself that your offer is sh*te then don't bother offering :)
    Lulic/Ilicic (89) - Putting these 2 together as there's equal interest in them. Again, no silly offers. I fully expect both to hold their 89s for a while yet.
    Fletcher/Cambiasso (88) - Fletcher will hold his 88 for a while since he's with West Brom and I honestly don't know what will happen Cambiasso. If someone wants to throw in a big cash bid, go ahead but I won't be selling them for pittance. May sell for some youths also.
    Ibai Gomez (88) - Winger for Bilbao. Good player for a Div 3 or 4 team. Won't take cash for him but test me with an exchange deal if interested.
    Nyom (88) - One of Granada's best players and may move on if they get relegated. Was linked with Barca previously. He doesn't start for me but always comes on as a sub as he's my only right back. Will need a right back in exchange if I'm selling.

Any players that I didn't mention with the exception of Herrera and Benzia are open to offers but I don't need to sell them so I have no problem keeping them.

I am on the fence about selling Etoo. 90 rated and a beast in this game with 15 goals and 20 assists last season for me and 23 goals and 7 assists the season before for Flamengo.

Sure throw in a bid if interested. It'll have to be a very good bid though with 89/90s

• Advertisement

Colemania wrote: »
    Final list of available players before the new season starts. There may be a few teams who can't deal with me until the new season anyway due to the 3 transfer rule but PM me if you're interested in anyone anyway. PLEASE don't send me a cash offer for any players unless stated.

Benzia is 99% gone as soon as the new season starts so I won't be taking any bids on him.
    Also, I'll be holding on to Herrera for a while to see if he gets a rise but if anyone is very interested in him, I'll be treating him as being 89 as i'm that confident he'll get an increase!

Siqueira (89) - I've been told by many to hold on to him but there seems to be a lot of interest in him. No offers so far have come class to what I want so please don't offer avg 88s or an aging 89 for him.
    Jansen (89) - Yes I know he's pushing on but he'll still be a good player for a lot of clubs. May take 88s for him but if you know yourself that your offer is sh*te then don't bother offering :)
    Lulic/Ilicic (89) - Putting these 2 together as there's equal interest in them. Again, no silly offers. I fully expect both to hold their 89s for a while yet.
    Fletcher/Cambiasso (88) - Fletcher will hold his 88 for a while since he's with West Brom and I honestly don't know what will happen Cambiasso. If someone wants to throw in a big cash bid, go ahead but I won't be selling them for pittance. May sell for some youths also.
    Ibai Gomez (88) - Winger for Bilbao. Good player for a Div 3 or 4 team. Won't take cash for him but test me with an exchange deal if interested.
    Nyom (88) - One of Granada's best players and may move on if they get relegated. Was linked with Barca previously. He doesn't start for me but always comes on as a sub as he's my only right back. Will need a right back in exchange if I'm selling.

Any players that I didn't mention with the exception of Herrera and Benzia are open to offers but I don't need to sell them so I have no problem keeping them.

I am on the fence about selling Etoo. 90 rated and a beast in this game with 15 goals and 20 assists last season for me and 23 goals and 7 assists the season before for Flamengo.

Sure throw in a bid if interested. It'll have to be a very good bid though with 89/90s

You are a day late! yesterday was "Super Transfer Sunday"! :p

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    You are a day late! yesterday was "Super Transfer Sunday"! :p

Ha damn I should have put up the list at the weekend after all of Real Madrid and Man Citys transfer activity!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Al Capwned wrote: »
    Buckled.
    Everyone is for sale.

Even De Gea? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭modo85

Wow!!! You really have over valued these players. Most if not all are finished. Good luck in trying to get wot your after

• Registered Users Posts: 2,488 ✭✭✭Ordinary man

I had an idea that may be silly but good fun. Assuming we can arrange friendlies during the season, i am considering challenging some of the division 1 big clubs. The challenge would be 3 games. If they stay unbeaten in all 3, they can buy ANY of my youths at cost price. If i scrape a win in any of the 3, i get to buy theirs for cost price also. Players to be agreed beforehand. It could be one of my best or worst ideas, i'm still trying to work that out

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Burlap_Sack

I had an idea that may be silly but good fun. Assuming we can arrange friendlies during the season, i am considering challenging some of the division 1 big clubs. The challenge would be 3 games. If they stay unbeaten in all 3, they can buy ANY of my youths at cost price. If i scrape a win in any of the 3, i get to buy theirs for cost price also. Players to be agreed beforehand. It could be one of my best or worst ideas, i'm still trying to work that out

What team are you?

What team are you?

Panathanakaios div 3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

When is the first fixture of the new season?

KERSPLAT! wrote: »
    When is the first fixture of the new season?

New fixtures announced: Tue 31 March
    First fixture of new season: Sun 5 April

modo85 wrote: »
    Wow!!! You really have over valued these players. Most if not all are finished. Good luck in trying to get wot your after

Thanks for the input and trying to put people off my players....

That's your opinion of the players in the same way I think paying between 3 and 4 million for a 75 rated youth who won't rise for a few years is madness.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,140 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

I toyed with that idea when I was at Genoa. Slight difference was I was trying to get 4 teams to agree to a youth to enter a small mini league played out in friendlies. The winner got the youths from the other 3 clubs at cost price.

As you say it would be a bit of fun, never happened but I like your idea, hope you get someone to sign up!

I'll be logged on tonight.

If we can agree on the players involved
    ... I'll give ya 3 games

• Registered Users Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

Don't see many takers TBF....

Basing that on 2 factors,

1. odds are stacked in your favor (1 win, you get 3 goes.....)
    & 2. the highly accepted 'dodgy game engine' will throw up off the cuff results every now and then...

Good idea but with this game engine, odds are your going to get a 1 In 3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Could do it with the team average must be the same, best of three gets a prepicked player at cost price?

KERSPLAT! wrote: »
    Could do it with the team average must be the same, best of three gets a prepicked player at cost price?

my team average is 87, i'll allow my opponents their best. The pre picked player will be at cost price.

• Advertisement

Don't see many takers TBF....

Basing that on 2 factors,

1. odds are stacked in your favor (1 win, you get 3 goes.....)
    & 2. the highly accepted 'dodgy game engine' will throw up off the cuff results every now and then...

Good idea but with this game engine, odds are your going to get a 1 In 3

Draws are in favour of the div 1 team. It would be like my team trying to get the same as 12 wins in a season if in div 1. That was what was needed to avoid relegation last season

Draws are in favour of the div 1 team. It would be like my team trying to get the same as 12 wins in a season if in div 1. That was what was needed to avoid relegation last season

On a level playing field yes, but in my view this game engine will throw the 'weaker' team a win especially 1 in 3 more often than not....

Let's say you did this deal with 10 Teams that's 30 games and you need to Win 10...

I bet you'd come out with 6-7 players..

Edit, all of the above combined with the effort your going to have agreeing the players in question! Going to be a lot of work, great concept though

The offer for Jordan BOTAKA of Excelsior from SS Lazio has been accepted. The transfer will be completed within the next 24 hours.

Mark my words lads this guy is 'the next' Jordan Botaka!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭JamboMac

The offer for Jordan BOTAKA of Excelsior from SS Lazio has been accepted. The transfer will be completed within the next 24 hours.

Mark my words lads this guy is 'the next' Jordan Botaka!

Their will never be another Jordan Botaka.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭mackeire

JamboMac wrote: »
    Their will never be another Jordan Botaka.

Quick Facebook search and it turns out there is only one Jordan Botaka!!

Probably just bored but......

See if I can get a decent 90 for Bardi + Dos Santos + Boilesen

Bardi is a top class young GK
    Dos Santos 22 games for Villarreal this season and back in the Mexico fold
    Boilesen 19 games this season and also in his national team setup....

May do a deal for a very good young player & if its a player I really want I can throw another youth or two into the deal

Meh, see whats out there!!

Quick update on my challenge. Agreements made already with real madrid and lazio, and talks scheduled with porto tonight. That will line up 9 possible friendlies. After those we can see if it's worth continuing. Hopefully all will enjoy it

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭swoody

Probably just bored but......

See if I can get a decent 90 for Bardi + Dos Santos + Boilesen

Bardi is a top class young GK
    Dos Santos 22 games for Villarreal this season and back in the Mexico fold
    Boilesen 19 games this season and also in his national team setup....

May do a deal for a very good young player & if its a player I really want I can throw another youth or two into the deal

Meh, the truth is out there!!

much more believable now! (adds to the drama ;))

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Just realized I had Walker set to unavailable.

So fixed that now. So let the deluge of bids commence :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭modo85

Thanks for the input and trying to put people off my players....

That's your opinion of the players in the same way I think paying between 3 and 4 million for a 75 rated youth who won't rise for a few years is madness.

Thats fair enough if you think that about the youths i bought its your opinion and your entitled to it.

Im not trying to put people off your players and apologize if thats how it came across but you are long for large cash bids for 88 rated playerd like fletch and cambiasso who are finished and will never rise. There is many 88 externals out there that are finished similar to fletch and cambiasso and can be got at cost price so i.m.o it wud be bonkers to buy them for large cash as you wud be losing money. This is prob why i stick to youths because they have a chance of rising.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement