Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SoccerManager.com (#4) The Boards.ie World

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭Maldjd23

First bid in on Isco.....:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,472 ✭✭✭Comic Book Guy

Maldjd23 wrote: »

I haven't even officially signed with Malaga yet or met my new squad!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I haven't even officially signed with Malaga yet or met my new squad!

You've got a PM :P

Or, at least, another Pm (I'd imagine)...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

Gonna be a long night for the malaga manager!

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    Gonna be a long night for the malaga manager!

official unveiling has been delayed, I have told my new chairman that its Monday night so that means The Walking Dead season finale!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,488 ✭✭✭Ordinary man

official unveiling has been delayed, I have told my new chairman that its Monday night so that means The Walking Dead season finale!!

He said it's ok cos the team are so good they can almost self manage and still get promotion:D No pressure though:P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭mackeire

Here's an idea to make use of the friendlys.
    Do a champions league/World Cup type thing.
    8 groups of 4 teams.
    Play each other once or twice.
    Top two from each group go into last 16 for main comp.
    bottom two from each group go into shield.
    If more teams are interested then just make the groups bigger.

Might make the game more interesting than just 2 league games a week and the occasional cup match.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 966 ✭✭✭Mourinho

mackeire wrote: »
    Here's an idea to make use of the friendlys.
    Do a champions league/World Cup type thing.
    8 groups of 4 teams.
    Play each other once or twice.
    Top two from each group go into last 16 for main comp.
    bottom two from each group go into shield.
    If more teams are interested then just make the groups bigger.

Might make the game more interesting than just 2 league games a week and the occasional cup match.

Wouldn't mind this at all, bit of craic!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭tommycahir

Deal completed.

Camilo ZUÑIGA has completed his move to AS Roma from FC Porto for 3,000,000 plus Kevin KAMPL and Rúben VEZO

Thanks Roma. Nice and easy transfer.

Pleasure doing business, apologies for delays, nice smooth negotiations.

Maldjd23 wrote: »

There are 20 clubs interested in Isco :eek: That must be a record

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Kane has 2.

I expect this to grow in the summer :pac:

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Kane has 2.

I expect this to grow in the summer :pac:

I'll make that 3 if he's being raffled for cost price:cool:

I had an idea that may be silly but good fun. Assuming we can arrange friendlies during the season, i am considering challenging some of the division 1 big clubs. The challenge would be 3 games. If they stay unbeaten in all 3, they can buy ANY of my youths at cost price. If i scrape a win in any of the 3, i get to buy theirs for cost price also. Players to be agreed beforehand. It could be one of my best or worst ideas, i'm still trying to work that out
    I'll be logged on tonight.

If we can agree on the players involved
    ... I'll give ya 3 games

So after lenghty negotiations .... in between Matic chatter with about 5 diff people ... Porto and Panathinaikos have come to the following arrangement:

Players at stake ( at cost price):
    Panathinaikos | Mehdi ABEID
    Porto| Frank ACHEAMPONG

Rules:
    Best or 3 games - winner gets opposing player at cost.
    Panathinaikos gets 1st and 3rd game at home.
    Porto get 2nd game at home
    Porto will not exceed Panathinaikos' avg rating rating in any of the games.
    Porto will not exceed Panathinaikos' top player rating in any of the games.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

Lads.... I'm correct in assuming since New fixtures are out tomorrow the 3 Transfers per season resets tomorrow??

• Registered Users Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

Al Capwned wrote: »
    Buckled.
    Everyone is for sale.

(might be lying. Or asleep by the time offers come in)
    either way, it's a sunday, nearly a monday and I love this game more than some of half of you might deserve.

/yaaaaaaaa

Zero memory of posting this.
    Nope, nothing.

Ok,

I finally think I made a descision on Matic ...

I negotiated with a few teams ... hope people don't mind me mentioning some of the chatter ...
    • Inter offered me his two price possessions, ( which I appreciated) hard to agree to let your better players go
    • Dortmund ... If he didnt love Carvajal sooooo much :eek: Matic would be wearing Yellow tonight!
    • I was asked if I liked Schweinsteiger ... but I'm not sure if that was in relationt to Matic or Wanyama ;)
    • I went fishing for some chelsea lads to no avail
    • Benfica, Atletico and Athletic Club all came in with offers too

... but the draw of a Belgian playing (well) at a top club was too strong.

I try not to keep doing deals with the same managers ( Zuniga deal with Roma was a first for example) but when I'm offered
    Nainggollan(91):cool:, El Haddadi(84):eek: Kevin Wimmer (85):D, Grimaldo(82) and Neilton(80) for Matic
    ... I kinda can't but deal.

Lazio and I did few deals last season, ...

With Morata for Trigueros(part of Migniolet, Rojo and Morata for Ziegler, Balotelli and Trigueros) flowing into next season due to the 3 transfer rule, there'll a few players moving over and back in the next few weeks.

Ok,

I finally think I made a descision on Matic ...

I negotiated with a few teams ... hope people don't mind me mentioning some of the chatter ...
    • Inter offered me his two price possessions, ( which I appreciated) hard to agree to let your better players go
    • Dortmund ... If he didnt love Carvajal sooooo much :eek: Matic would be wearing Yellow tonight!
    • I was asked if I liked Schweinsteiger ... but I'm not sure if that was in relationt to Matic or Wanyama ;)
    • I went fishing for some chelsea lads to no avail
    • Benfica, Atletico and Athletic Club all came in with offers too

... but the draw of a Belgian playing (well) at a top club was too strong.

I try not to keep doing deals with the same managers but when I'm offered
    Nainggollan(91):cool:, El Haddadi(84):eek: Kevin Wimmer (85):D, Grimaldo(82) and Neilton(80) for Matic
    ... I kinda can't but deal.

Lazio and I did few deals last season, ...

With Morata for Trigueros(part of Migniolet, Rojo and Morata for Ziegler, Balotelli and Trigueros) flowing into next season due to the 3 transfer rule, there'll a few players moving over and back in the next few weeks.

When did all this happen? Where was I??? News to me....

Lol! As per usual GT sound to deal with and I can't believe people didnt step up and throw 4-5 players for him....

Giving away a few of my real gems, I know GT will take good care of em!

After an enjoyable season and a half at Hanover I felt the pull of a far superior squad at Malaga. Even then as a couple of other managers can testify it was a close run thing and was a tough decision to finally make the switch.
    Due to far superior squads being currently unmanaged it will probably be a long time before they are taken again but would like to think I ever so slightly improved the first eleven. Put most of my funds into improving the youth squad and there are some great potential talents in there that the new man can use to trade his way to a better first 11.

Anyways only got to really log on for an hour tonight but talk about chalk and cheese!!

Chairman introduced me to the new squad but I only got to chat with them for all of 2 mins before being interrupted by the fire alarm. The club fax machine never seen a few hours like it and went ablaze under the constant uninterrupted flow of bids on Star man Isco. We only managed to salvage a few of them from the burnt remains so apologies for not replying to anyone tonight as we simply didn't have the means.

Of course 64 players and their manager all standing at fire meeting point A outside the front door of the ground while our chairman did a roll call to make sure all were present (Unfortunately Santana survived so we couldn't get a massive cash injection straight away on his life assurance policy!) arose the suspicions of the press so had to give an impromptu press conference in my O'neill GAA shorts/sandals and socks combo.
    Outlined what an honour it was to take the reigns from legendary figure of Wilberto and to actually be in control of a squad that has something called 89 rated players, a 90, and an actual star in Isco. Was amazed to be told I was the 7th new manager at the club and that we have never savoured div 3 football.
    Malaga's new manager finished up by putting his arms around new club captain/club mascot/great white hope/saviour Isco and promised he would remain at the club baring a ridiculous/astronomical bid ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭Colemania

I've messages sent to 13 separate managers over the last 2 weeks and haven't got a reply from any. Thanks to the people who did reply though! Just trying to do some deals......

Colemania wrote: »
    I've messages sent to 13 separate managers over the last 2 weeks and haven't got a reply from any. Thanks to the people who did reply though! Just trying to do some deals......

Was Porto one of them? Was a little pre-occupied trying to get the Matic package signed off ... so apologies if I missed a comms from you.

• Advertisement

Malaga's new manager finished up by putting his arms around new club captain/club mascot/great white hope/saviour Isco and promised he would remain at the club baring a ridiculous/astronomical bid ;)

As luck would have it I signed a young Russian lad last season called R. Astronomical, ... I suppose I'll just offer him and we'll close off the Isco saga ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,140 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

You didn't get a reply from any but thanks to those who did :D

Chat is sometimes **** for me, if Sporting was one, apologies. If not then carry on!

You didn't get a reply from any but thanks to those who did :D

Chat is sometimes **** for me, if Sporting was one, apologies. If not then carry on!

Ha should have worded that differently. I'd say i messaged 20 or more and 13 didn't reply. Sporting and Porto weren't either anyway but thanks

Was Porto one of them? Was a little pre-occupied trying to get the Matic package signed off ... so apologies if I missed a comms from you.

Mentioned above but not waiting on a message from you. I thought the fixtures were announced today? Looks like it could be Friday judging by the calendar

Mentioned above but not waiting on a message from you. I thought the fixtures were announced today? Looks like it could be Friday judging by the calendar

Thats fine man, We'll put in the offers when we can ;)

Thats fine man, We'll put in the offers when we can ;)

Fixtures will be announced today, soon as they are up we can all bid again! Woo hoo!!!

Etoo available......

Please form an orderly queue. Will need a striker in return 89+

Oh jesus......
    This season your Chairman expects you to mount a serious promotion challenge.

No pressure then! I would be happy just to get a top half finish!

Fixtures will be announced today, soon as they are up we can all bid again! Woo hoo!!!

I don't even get one pre season friendly to play with my new toys :(

• Advertisement

I don't even get one pre season friendly to play with my new toys :(

There's friendlies before the season starts as far as i know. 5 i think

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement