Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SoccerManager.com (#4) The Boards.ie World

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

Porto will respect Isco's wishes and wont comment on his impending arrival at Porto.

He is a sensitive soul after all and doesnt want to anger the loosing suiters.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

Maldjd23 wrote: »
    Lazio is no city i've ever heard of!!!

Are you mad! of course it is....

the eh, eternal city of emmmm Lazio they call it, where have you been :D

EDIT, maybe that's why Isco is so late, I told him I'd see him at Lazio, he's not the brightest!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭Colemania

Can you imagine how good this GW would be if even half the managers did deals with other players and even responded to people! So much great players with all the teams who do no deals with anyone and with some teams stagnating or dropping divisions, you'd think they'd want to change it up!

Forgetting about buying from unmanaged, login rule, buying top players for cash. I think the amount of inactive managers is the biggest drawback in a lot of game worlds

• Registered Users Posts: 3,472 ✭✭✭Comic Book Guy

All the public taping up had the desired effect lads as Isco had a 6/10 tonight!

Any of the GOLD managers here notice their SM coin balance dropping by 25pts every so often?

I know for a fact I had 1111 left earlier today ... this evening its down to 1086.

Had though this as happening in the past but today it was obvious when my starting balance was 1111.

Whats the point in playing the single player to accrue coins if they are taking them back off willy nilly.

PS ... I've done no scout reports, etc

• Advertisement

Colemania wrote: »
    Can you imagine how good this GW would be if even half the managers did deals with other players and even responded to people! So much great players with all the teams who do no deals with anyone and with some teams stagnating or dropping divisions, you'd think they'd want to change it up!

Forgetting about buying from unmanaged, login rule, buying top players for cash. I think the amount of inactive managers is the biggest drawback in a lot of game worlds

Prepare for some abuse man, I said the same when a manager told us he was shutting up shop and got rightly told off..

But your right, managers refusing to deal and those that take forever to respond (if ever) are killing it

Prepare for some abuse man, I said the same when a manager told us he was shutting up shop and got rightly told off..

But your right, managers refusing to deal and those that take forever to respond (if ever) are killing it

Ok, ok guys ....

I'll try to respond quicker to messages, do more deals, ...I WILL be more active !

:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

More options for transfers would be better but that's their prerogative, they can play the game whatever way they want.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭Colemania

KERSPLAT! wrote: »
    More options for transfers would be better but that's their prerogative, they can play the game whatever way they want.

Oh I know ya and better to have managed than unmanaged but it's just frustrating

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

As Kersplat said, it's up to everyone how they play.

I'd agree its frustrating that some managers refuse to answer messages, but then I also would imaging it's frustrating to continually get messages asking for players you've made it clear you don't want to sell.

I've said before I'll happily sell players for equivalents, and I cycle through them like candy. But there's some players who obviously are happy with their team, or don't want to take the risk of getting bad deals that hurt them. Thats their prerogative and they shouldn't be made feel bad because they play like that.

There's a long list of frustrations I'd have right now, but ultimately, all you can do is play in the way you'd hope everyone plays, lead by a good example and try yourself to keep the community a good one.

Anyway, I'll be sitting down today and looking at my first team, and working out who's dispensable today. Probably be a few players going up for sale later this evening. :)

• Advertisement

Oh I know ya and better to have managed than unmanaged but it's just frustrating

Is it though?

A manager that posts up that he is done with transfers (basically don't even try!) In a game based around transfers for progression is the same as an unmanaged club....

No difference for me

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭modo85

I think we should start naming and shaming people that havent replied to transfers in over a week. At one stage during the off season i had 10 bids lying there for more than a week than the managers, who dispite being online everyday, never replied to my bids

This for me is frustrating because if he rejects you can come back with a better bid but thr fact they dont bother makes u lose interest in the player

modo85 wrote: »
    I think we should start naming and shaming people that havent replied to transfers in over a week. At one stage during the off season i had 10 bids lying there for more than a week than the managers, who dispite being online everyday, never replied to my bids

This for me is frustrating because if he rejects you can come back with a better bid but thr fact they dont bother makes u lose interest in the player

Yeah I totally agree man, what's even worse then is when you do get a deal done and the other manager pulls the plug after its been accepted because of a change of mind....

But sure, everyone can play the game how they see fit eh?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I think that's the point. I know more than one has admitted that it's easier to leave the bid sitting there rather than continually saying no to someone who doesn't think no means no :pac:

Lord TSC wrote: »
    I think that's the point. I know more than one has admitted that it's easier to leave the bid sitting there rather than continually saying no to someone who doesn't think no means no :pac:

Well if thats the case could a manager not have to courtesy to send a message saying sorry player x is not for sale or reply with a counter bid. I very much doubt someone is offering lets say 4 million getting a rejection from the other manager and coming back with another offer of 4 million

Yeah I totally agree man, what's even worse then is when you do get a deal done and the other manager pulls the plug after its been accepted because of a change of mind....

But sure, everyone can play the game how they see fit eh?

Yeah its very frustrating but do you know whats worse again, when you see kaboul going for nearly the say price as huntelaar, that to me doesnt seem right

Yeah its very frustrating but do you know whats worse again, when you see kaboul going for nearly the say price as huntelaar, that to me doesnt seem right

Yup, totally agree...

But then Sunderland has always got good value for his players, A for effort though ;)

Guys,

Its quite simple ... certain managers dont want to do transfers, I dont bother making offers to them.

IT WILL TURN AROUND ON THEM WHEN THEIR SQUAD IS AGING AND THEY HAVE REP OFF NOT BEING WILLING TO DEAL - GETTING REPLACEMENTS WILL BE THAT BIT MORE DIFFICULT FOR THEM.

Might be worth trying a thread where you can indicate the best way to contact you if looking to do a deal ....

Update the list here

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    Guys,

Its quite simple ... certain managers dont want to do transfers, I dont bother making offers to them.

IT WILL TURN AROUND ON THEM WHEN THEIR SQUAD IS AGING AND THEY HAVE REP OFF NOT BEING WILLING TO DEAL - GETTING REPLACEMENTS WILL BE THAT BIT MORE DIFFICULT FOR THEM.

Might be worth trying a thread where you can indicate the best way to contact you if looking to do a deal ....

Update the list here

I'm not sure if people understand you, maybe larger text TO GO WITH THE CAPS just to drill it home

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

A healthy discussion is more than welcome, but any comments with the sole purpose of attempting to provoke a reaction from another user will not go unpunished. Thanks. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭Maldjd23

Personally i believe if a player lodges a bid and the receiving team logs on say 3 times but doesn't reply the offer is automatically accepted...Ok..ok...I am only joking..Kinda...:)

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Burlap_Sack

I try to respond to everyone but some I simply forget about and others the offers are so poor I couldn't be arsed responding. I'm all for haggling but at least start with realistic offers otherwise dialogue ain't gonna be opened.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭JamboMac

Wow so after Porto winning the bidding war they pull out for lazio to get the player, I smell something fishy.

JamboMac wrote: »
    Wow so after Porto winning the bidding war they pull out for lazio to get the player, I smell something fishy.

Are you in a fish market maybe? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭Maldjd23

It says your location is Porto...I smell something fishy...:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Burlap_Sack

Looking for a back up RB..Must be 88+...Willing to trade imbula, kouyate, or Zambarano and any youths apart from Meyer.

Are you in a fish market maybe? :confused:

I'm just wondering if I was in second place, would he have withdrew.

As regards not selling things that make me reluctant to do deals are people offering you what you find acceptable and then deciding they offered you too much, I didn't ask for the offer.

If you make an offer for a player you should be willing to stick to it and not back track.

Really?! :eek:

Didnt really want the player, I often bid on players and withdraw my offer, I often bid on players just because others bit .... am I going to really spend +3m on an 79 that I dont really know? NOPE(there's those caps again) :rolleyes: ...

there are a few higher rated players coming up in the next month that I want to spend my money on instead..;)

But sure that wouldnt make a good conspiracy now would it?!

What happened to everyone is entitle to run their team as they see fit ...:mad:

Too much sniping, I'm not even sure which ones are directed at me anymore, just say what you have to say, stop beating around the bush!!! :mad:

• Advertisement

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    Really?! :eek:

Didnt really want the player, I often bid on players and withdraw my offer, I often bid on players just because others bit .... am I going to really spend +3m on an 79 that I dont really know? NOPE(there's those caps again) :rolleyes: ...

there are a few higher rated players coming up in the next month that I want to spend my money on instead..;)

But sure that wouldnt make a good conspiracy now would it?!

What happened to everyone is entitle to run their team as they see fit ...:mad:
    Really coz then the witch hunts on the deals like hunterlaar would stop if people really thought they could run a team as they see fit.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement