Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SoccerManager.com (#4) The Boards.ie World

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭Colemania

2-2 draw against a strong Palermo team. Unbeaten run stretches to 12 now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 966 ✭✭✭Mourinho

FC Schalke 1- 0 Lazio

What?! Unbeaten in two games you say?!

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSa_9TNm3OrZrilIR7_RFWf0GsJ9b53uHgjE2Nj_G8wAoarSuvy

If you told that last season I'd have laughed, LAUGHED I TELL YOU!!! Mahahaha

*runs away waving hands and laughing maniacally*

• Registered Users Posts: 2,488 ✭✭✭Ordinary man

The match ended 1 - 1 between Panathinaikos and Hanover in their Division 3 fixture.
    Barrios scored the only goal for Panathinaikos and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

Mixed feelings about tonights result. One player gave away a penalty in the 6th minute and another player got a straight red after 37 minutes. They are either hatchetmen or can't tackle for s***

• Registered Users Posts: 12,050 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

I've conceded 9 goals on two games. Think I know where I'm going wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 3,472 ✭✭✭Comic Book Guy

0 0 away draw at LA Galaxy.

2 consecutive clean sheets :)
    2 consecutive games without scoring with the opposition keeper being man of the match :mad:

We are 1 of 2 teams across all 4 divisions yet to score :eek:

• Advertisement

Was going to extend the deadline for the cash deals for Gomez, Tardelli and Cambiasso but I need the money so 11pm still stands. Disappointed there isn't more interest to be honest. After all the talk about cash being worthless and there's probably been more cash transfers between managed clubs this week in a long long time.

Last opportunity to stick in a bid on an 88 to either improve your team or to use as backup.

You know you want to ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    Porto are going to make Bruno Massimo (AM(RLC),F(RL) - 21yr - 86rated) available for transfer.

Available to all D3 -D4 managers.

I will accept Cash or P/X(I'm not going to accept cast-offs tho).

As with Lord TSC's deal earlier, this isnt a case of highest bidder wins. No bid p/x or otheriwse valued over 6m will get accepted.

Offers between min value and 6m only. I'll send him to what I consider to be a good home.

I'll give it till after Thursdays games before I accept an offer.

Thanks

One man bid ... bid accepted.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

I think some manager are just made for certain clubs.
    Estudiantes de LP beat PSV 2 - 0 in their Division 3 fixture.
    Roux scored a goal and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.
    Kashia was also on the scoresheet for his side.

Mind you, PSV are last. Yes, they are last with that team. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭JamboMac

Thought the Hamburg manager was back?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

2-2 v Spurs

Poor possession but plenty of shots, should have won IMO, but a draw was fair enough I suppose

Aguero 2 for 2, hopefully he keeps it up

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

3-0 away win at Napoli, thereby gaining a crumb of revenge for the reverse in the Super Cup Final.

2 wins from 2. Ajax up next on Sunday, and I WILL be on the piss celebrating a red moon over Manchester for that one. Better try remember setting the team up on Saturday.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Also, this happened in the match against PSV
    Junior HOILETT will be sidelined after suffering an injury and is out until April 22nd.

Fortunately, I logged in just in time to increase my bid on Ibai Gomez by an extra 200k!
    The offer for Ibai GÓMEZ of Udinese Calcio from Estudiantes de LP has been accepted. The transfer will be completed within the next 24 hours.

As you may have guessed, both play in the same position. :D:)

Tardelli gone to Standard Liege and Ibai Gomez gone to Estudiantes. Cambiasso still available and that'll be it from me for a while regarding cash transfers

Wow those bids accepted for juanmi are crazy! Over 18 million from basel! Highest I was allowed go was 12!

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭modo85

modo85 wrote: »
    fooking typical, I feel sick looking at the Spanish line up tonight. I was struggling for money a few months back and needed to let a few players go and I knew it would come back and haunt me. Juanmi was 85 rated when I let him go a couple of months ago and since then has hit 87, scored in the nou camp and started for the Spanish senior team.

i offered him to may of yiz aswell but there was no interest in an 85 rated player. clue everyone shortlisting him and googling him :P.

Looks like this little speech attracted 1 or 2 extra customers :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,472 ✭✭✭Comic Book Guy

hope ya had a good sell on clause arranged!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Quick heads up. The charter specifically mentions this sort of situation, and warns that cards can be given out for posts like your one on the 31st of March, when you named a player at an external. From the charter...
    If you see another team has made a bid for a free agent or an external player, do NOT mention it in a thread, on Facebook or on SoccerManager. It will result in a warning and the post will be deleted. Only the manager who has made the transfer bid themselves may post about a player of such nature.

Now, the offending post was from well before I became a mod, and let's be honest, we don't want to see yellows given out for things like that.

But rules are rules, and it's there to protect players who actually scout out players at externals or work to find suitable buys. Its a rule I fully agree with, since it's not fair on players who do scout if they find themselves getting hidden gems spoiled on them through that sort of post. Please try and refrain from naming players at externals under transfer bids until the bidding is closed. This is the one in-thread warning I'll give on the matter.

(And I'll add this here too, since it's my first mod post here; it's against site rules to reply to or challenge a mod decision on thread publicly. If you want to discuss the mod warning, PM me or Mac.)

Is Wilberto been demoted or can he be PM'd also ;)

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Quick heads up. The charter specifically mentions this sort of situation, and warns that cards can be given out for posts like your one on the 31st of March, when you named a player at an external. From the charter...

Now, the offending post was from well before I became a mod, and let's be honest, we don't want to see yellows given out for things like that.

But rules are rules, and it's there to protect players who actually scout out players at externals or work to find suitable buys. Its a rule I fully agree with, since it's not fair on players who do scout if they find themselves getting hidden gems spoiled on them through that sort of post. Please try and refrain from naming players at externals under transfer bids until the bidding is closed. This is the one in-thread warning I'll give on the matter.

(And I'll add this here too, since it's my first mod post here; it's against site rules to reply to or challenge a mod decision on thread publicly. If you want to discuss the mod warning, PM me or Mac.)

Well good job no rules were broken as it clearly states " if you see another team has made a BID on a free agent or external player" and no bids were made at this time

now you see i may have gotten a ban for this as i would of been guilty untill proved innocent because lets face it thats how it works around here

Well good job no rules were broken as it clearly states " if you see another team has made a BID on a free agent or external player" and no bids were made at this time

now you see i may have gotten a ban for this as i would of been guilty untill proved innocent because lets face it thats how it works around here

Dig up, dig up!!!

• Advertisement

Whilst I think in this case you are right, It think it might be worth reviewing the rule ...

in that once someone shortlist a player, that should mean he cant be openly discussed.

Some team might have found a gem and is either waiting for a TB to end or for him to get cash together to buy him, it would be harsh on the manager to have the player mentioned here if he had been sitting on the info for 2-3 or more weeks.

UDINESE ARE CLOSED FOR BUSINESS!!!

Kind of....

I'm still prepared to let Cambiasso go for cash due to all the centre mids I have but after that I will be doing little or no deals unless something very interesting comes up.

Have decent backup for almost every position so I'm happy playing out this season with this team. I may do deals for players that will improve my team but i can't afford to let 2 first teamers go in exchange for 1 so it would have to be a player for player swap deal.

Had previously offered up Etoo, Fletcher, Ilicic and Nyom but will want similar rated players for them if I am to leave them go now.

I know there's still interest in Herrera and Denayer but they'll be staying put for the foreseeable future. Denayer got a +3 today so justifies this decision.

Thanks to everyone who did deals with me the last month or so anyway! Really improved my team :)

KERSPLAT! wrote: »
    Dig up, dig up!!!

Very bold statement for a mod to make. Im now under the impression that im recieving a warning for fighting for my rights. Shall i take this as a name ticking or black card

Very bold statement for a mod to make. Im now under the impression that im recieving a warning for fighting for my rights. Shall i take this as a name ticking or black card

No, this is a bold statement.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

Whilst I think in this case you are right, It think it might be worth reviewing the rule ...

in that once someone shortlist a player, that should mean he cant be openly discussed.

Some team might have found a gem and is either waiting for a TB to end or for him to get cash together to buy him, it would be harsh on the manager to have the player mentioned here if he had been sitting on the info for 2-3 or more weeks.

I fully agree with this sentiment - there is nothing more frustrating, not that it happens to me often, than this situation - it can spoil the game for some people.

If a player hasn't been shortlisted by another manager then feel free to blab all you like - but not every manager wants their targets discussed on thread

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

It's a boards.ie policy to not reply back to mod warnings in-thread. I even warned of that in the last post, and asked if there was any issues, take it to a PM. Instead, you replied back, and even the line "I may have gotten a ban for this" even implies you know you shouldn't have. There's really not much choice left for mods at this stage then but to issue a yellow card, and stress again; if you have a problem, don't ignore the mod instructions. PM a mod.

The mods will discuss the charter, and I'd agree that the rule in question probably does need a bit more clarification (hence why no cards were issued but just a friendly warning put up). A discussion on the charter is grand, but trying to pick fights with mods after an in-thread warning really isn't. It's a straight yellow pretty much on any of the sub-forums here, and it's also warned against in the charter.

Modo, any more comments about this, PM me. Do not reply back about this warning in thread.

Lord TSC wrote: »
    It's a boards.ie policy to not reply back to mod warnings in-thread. I even warned of that in the last post, and asked if there was any issues, take it to a PM. Instead, you replied back, and even the line "I may have gotten a ban for this" even implies you know you shouldn't have. There's really not much choice left for mods at this stage then but to issue a yellow card, and stress again; if you have a problem, don't ignore the mod instructions. PM a mod.

The mods will discuss the charter, and I'd agree that the rule in question probably does need a bit more clarification (hence why no cards were issued but just a friendly warning put up). A discussion on the charter is grand, but trying to pick fights with mods after an in-thread warning really isn't. It's a straight yellow pretty much on any of the sub-forums here, and it's also warned against in the charter.

Modo, any more comments about this, PM me. Do not reply back about this warning in thread.

Yeah thats ok but for future reference plz refrain from making clear false accusations about me and blackening my name on a public forum and if you wish to discuss the matters concerning a warning plz private message me as i shall have to do with my appeal. Thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

Yup, this sums it up perfectly for me....

Also well done Basel, cracking player you got there

• Registered Users Posts: 12,050 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

89 basa and 90 kaka available. Will take cash or some younger players. Looking to freshen up my team

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭JamboMac

Colemania wrote: »
    Wow those bids accepted for juanmi are crazy! Over 18 million from basel! Highest I was allowed go was 12!

It's A lot coz how long before he will be worth that much if ever, some amount of money to speculate with. My chairman would only let me offer 10+ million, not even allowed add a player.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement