Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SoccerManager.com (#4) The Boards.ie World

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

3 new managers this evening

• Registered Users Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭Colemania

My first tip would be sell none of your players until you get a hang of the game. Some people will give you advice on who to sell to externals to build up cash

• Registered Users Posts: 14,141 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

MrMac84 wrote: »
    3 new managers this evening

One nicked my SM name :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 966 ✭✭✭Mourinho

One nicked my SM name :(

Was sure it was you first and put in a bid :P

• Registered Users Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭finnharpsboy

im the new LA Galaxy manager..... please be gentle

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

2 down with Panathanikos, one to go! Winner takes all!!

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭thisyear

New Marseille Manager, all suggestions greatly welcomed lads!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

Lots of new managers tonight!

Well done mac!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

The first rule of Soccermanager is.....

It's really awesome so tell as many people as possible

Second piece of advice, don't sell any players until you've seen some transfers between the "experienced" managers, it will give you an idea of how players are actually valued compared to their in game values

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

To add, before you sell any player you need to replace, get in contact with some managers and see how they value replacements. Don't dive in and sell a players only to find it's impossible to replace them adequately.

• Advertisement

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    Lots of new managers tonight!

Well done mac!

Please God more too go!

Please God more too go!
    No, GT ... not God. Well God too but mainly GT :D

Get a feel for the game and more importantly the gameworld before you might be tempted to go selling all your best players.

Plenty of lads on here who will help you out if you have any questions.
    Welcome to the game world. Don't be afraid to ask questions on here or on the chat function on sm, loads of sound skins to help ya out.
    Colemania wrote: »
    My first tip would be sell none of your players until you get a hang of the game. Some people will give you advice on who to sell to externals to build up cash
    The first rule of Soccermanager is.....

It's really awesome so tell as many people as possible

Second piece of advice, don't sell any players until you've seen some transfers between the "experienced" managers, it will give you an idea of how players are actually valued compared to their in game values
    Lord TSC wrote: »
    To add, before you sell any player you need to replace, get in contact with some managers and see how they value replacements. Don't dive in and sell a players only to find it's impossible to replace them adequately.

Too all new managers this is all sound advice! Ye'll be eager too get players in but there's loan deals and players at external clubs too !

IF ye need advice ask away on thread or if you have any issues then ask
    MrMac84 (myself)
    Wilberto
    LordTSC
    we're the mods here and will help ye out with any deal!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

Lord TSC wrote: »

But........but........ I do that all the time!

What was wrong with my comment that it doesnt get reposted? :eek:

Discrimination against foreign managers I see.

Is there a mod around?! MODS!!! MODS!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,488 ✭✭✭Ordinary man

2 down with Panathanikos, one to go! Winner takes all!!

Deserved win tonight for lazio, minor miracle needed on my behalf

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭JamboMac

I can see the game engine throwing it to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,488 ✭✭✭Ordinary man

JamboMac wrote: »
    I can see the game engine throwing it to you.

Have you no faith in me to do in by merit :mad: :P Looking back at tonights result i made a big mistake by going toe to toe

Have you no faith in me to do in by merit :mad: :P Looking back at tonights result i made a big mistake by going toe to toe

You probably need the defensive style that Greece used to their benefit.

One tactic that usually gets me is setting no tactics at all.

TBF out of the three I would expect either one win/draw...

I would still say it's not over man, this game can throw up strange results.

• Advertisement

I see some hypocrites are bidding on players at the new managers clubs..., ...there are also managers bidding that offered no opinion on any deals done with the last new manager to join - this I dont take exception with.

I made a bid for bidding sake, not gonna be accepted. I thought you where aloud run your team how see fit, no?

I made a bid for bidding sake, not gonna be accepted. I thought you where aloud run your team how see fit, no?

I thought same,

I take issue when a scenario is commented on (strongly by some) and 2 weeks later ... the commentators employ what appears to be the initial scenario.

I see some hypocrites are bidding on players at the new managers clubs..., ...there are also managers bidding that offered no opinion on any deals done with the last new manager to join - this I dont take exception with.

I'm not one bit surprised....

Few weeks ago.... Literally word for word that was my position too

It doesn't really make a lot of sense not bidding just because a manager is new. Ok when I was new I took Rangers, so nobody wanted my players. But now that I'm a big club and I see some of the future stars I signed for these clubs being in unmanaged sides I'd like to see them come home.

This player I bid for is one of the many I signed for clubs and has potential, probably this manager should accept no bids for this player.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭Colemania

I feel so conflicted on this. Do i sit back and see all these offers coming in for players from the new managers teams, some may which be accepted, or do I try compete? I don't want to have to compete but it's not exactly fair that other people should get an advantage of signing 89+ players.

For god sake just leave the new managers alone for a while!

On a similar topic, it's very dodgy that a lot of new managers have come in during the last year and sold their best players for pittance and then left and never came back. Something fishy there......

I take it all back!!

The offer for Bas DOST of VfL Wolfsburg from FC Porto has been accepted. The transfer will be completed within the next 24 hours.

FC Porto have made an offer to VfL Wolfsburg for Bas DOST of 14,110,000.

Min Bid Accepted, delighted!

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Franno

Thanks it's great to get a good fair offer and I can use the money :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,141 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

I thought same,

I take issue when a scenario is commented on (strongly by some) and 2 weeks later ... the commentators employ what appears to be the initial scenario.

Who are you talking about on both sides of this 2 week divide then?

Bids are always going to be put in, hard to tell at this stage if any are trying to take advantage of the situation or if any are decent fair bids worth consideration.

People who do try or are trying to take advantage of new managers who may not yet have had time to grasp the transfer dynamics of this specific GW are only out to help themselves and will damage the GW in the grand scheme of things.

If they just don't talk about it for a period until the talk blows over, then maybe take the p1ss out of the situation everything will be alright in the end.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement