Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SoccerManager.com (#4) The Boards.ie World

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭bpb101

new this the thread but i would like to take on the role of a club .
    Username:bburke10467799

I feel like my poor knowledge of the game will be overcome by my cocky attitude and will lead me to succeed

Any club will do us. I know there different division , but i plan to lead my team to the number one spot.
    I Will cut players wage and ensure harsh training.

edit: Do i select a club or just assigned.?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

bpb101 wrote: »
    new this the thread but i would like to take on the role of a club .
    Username:bburke10467799

I feel like my poor knowledge of the game will be overcome by my cocky attitude and will lead me to succeed

Any club will do us. I know there different division , but i plan to lead my team to the number one spot.
    I Will cut players wage and ensure harsh training.

Mac ... SHOP!!

PS: you SIR are entitled to any free team in the league due to your boards post count ... check out the waiting list thread in this forum

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭PUnited

hi eddy i got an email that you pm'd you on soccer. sorry as said my gf had our child few months back and missed login as mad busy. sorry if upset anyone not logging in

Paddy

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭PUnited

have applied again if its ok

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    I take it all back!!

The offer for Bas DOST of VfL Wolfsburg from FC Porto has been accepted. The transfer will be completed within the next 24 hours.

FC Porto have made an offer to VfL Wolfsburg for Bas DOST of 14,110,000.

Min Bid Accepted, delighted!

Is this true?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,472 ✭✭✭Comic Book Guy

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Is this true?

A cunning ruse to smoke out the haters!!

I take it all back!!

The offer for Bas DOST of VfL Wolfsburg from FC Porto has been accepted. The transfer will be completed within the next 24 hours.

FC Porto have made an offer to VfL Wolfsburg for Bas DOST of 14,110,000.

Min Bid Accepted, delighted!

Guys,

I can confirm that his offer is indeed real and has been accepted by the new Wolfsburg managers. :cool:

That said, the man has a great sense of humor and this was never going to be a deal that would be completed. :D
    The offer for Bas DOST has been withdrawn by FC Porto

If anything the wolfsburg manager will probably have a pile of PMs to sift through in the morning ... :P, just hope people kept it civil.

PS: Mods you can stand down, there will be no scandal tonight ;)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Guys,

I can confirm that his offer is indeed real and has been accepted by the new Wolfsburg managers. :cool:

That said, the man has a great sense of humor and this was never going to be a deal that would be completed. :D

If anything the wolfsburg manager will probably have a pile of PMs to sift through in the morning ... :P, just hope people kept it civil.

I was almost about to PM him myself, but then I realised who made the bid and deep down I just knew you wouldn't do anything like that. You're far too cool for that carry on! :D:)

:cool: <= That's you! :pac:

Guys,

Not a patch on the Mourihno/Comic Book Guy April Fools Isco joke. Wasn't it you that actually fell for it ha?!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Ha, I just noticed there that Sao Paulo are an unmanaged club that are themselves unmanaged.

1310428349083_0.png

• Advertisement

Wilberto wrote: »
    Ha, I just noticed there that Sao Paulo are an unmanaged club that are themselves unmanaged.
    playing them tomorrow . told the boys not to go easy

PUnited wrote: »
    hi eddy i got an email that you pm'd you on soccer. sorry as said my gf had our child few months back and missed login as mad busy. sorry if upset anyone not logging in

Paddy

I can't remember you mentioning that before, which means I probably didn't congratulate you at the time so.....

Congratulations!! :D :pac: :)

Beefy of AC Milan has succumbed to the 14 day log-in rule. I'm not sure whether he has no more interest in the game and won't be back, or that he is genuinely busy and just didn't get a chance to log in.

Beefy of AC Milan has succumbed to the 14 day log-in rule. I'm not sure whether he has no more interest in the game and won't be back, or that he is genuinely busy and just didn't get a chance to log in.

Sent a PM this morning

he still has his other club so id imagine its a log in issue

Heres a copy of the PM i sent all new managers today

Hello lads.. Welcome too the game.. Below im going too give ye some pointers on how the game is played.
    Players rise and drop based on real life so if you could buy any player in say the premier legue right now it’d be Harry Kane, nailed on for a rise in the same sence as if you had Roberto Soldado you’d be very worried about him dropping, So say someone offers you Xavi today for 40 million & 2 of your 84 rated youth players, your initial reaction is WOW im buying the ledgend Xavi BUT hes just after dropping too 91 is 35 years old AND going too quatar in the summer where he is nailed on too drop too 88,89! So in 6 months you’ll have a 36 year old 88 rated player whos on the road too retireing. Whilst the other manager has 40 million cash and those 2 84 rated youth players may well turn out like Harry Kane and fly up the ratings!! Another example is Marco Reus of Dortmund he was added too the game as an 80 rated player in June 2010 by june 2012 he was 90 rated and june 2013 92 rated! So make sure and watch youth players closely as YOU may have the next Reus already in your squad so when someone offers ya 3 million for some kid who cost ya 10 grand think too yourself “Why is he paying that much?” and remember google is your friend!
    Speaking of new players been added too the game this may be hard too find so ill tell ye, you’ll see on the right hand side of the screen a globe with the words “The Boards.ieleague” after it. Click this. Then click Player Database then New Players ( you may need too load a data pack go ahead and press that) and in there you’ll find EVERY new player as they are added too the game!
    From time too time lads have auctions over on boards for players where they invite division 4 managers too place a minimum bid on a player they have no need for and then raffle him off too all the clubs who placed said bid. So keep an eye out for this!

There are 80 “internal clubs” which means 80 clubs that can be managed. Any club WITH a manager you can deal as normal with, Any Club WITHOUT a manager you cannot buy from so as too preserve those teams for future managers. Whilst you may think this means you cannot do transfers you are wrong. You can do transfers with EVERY club in the real world, If we take the premier league for example theres only around 10 teams in our world from there meaning the other 10 ( like West Ham,Swansea Stoke) are external clubs. When dealing with external clubs its great because if you find a player at an external who you want, you can swap players you don’t want as part of his transfer deal,
    So killing 3 birds with 1 stone (getting in a good player and getting 2 old players you have no use and not spending cash either in doing so!

If you want too find these external clubs you can either A, search in the box in the right hand top cornor or B, click on the globe sybol (as above) and in the last box on the right you’ll see a list of leagues I.s Europe,Asia,South America etc click here and it gives you a list of all leagues and clubs and you can look throw every squad in the world and bid on players who you would like too add too your team!

From my quick look around just the ONE league this morning I found 15 players under 30 87 rated or better. So the moral of this is lads ALL new managers should have a first team 11 rating of 87 or better, if you have some 35 year old 85 rated player in your starting 11 get him out and get a younger player in! Your average age of your first 11 you should try too get below 30 too!

If anyone needs ANY help then contact myself LordTSC or Wilberto and we will help in any way possible and also if you arent sure about anything then ask in public on the forum were all there too help.

Might be 1 or 2 things in there that lads didnt know so ill share with everyone. Please know that all players are only been used as examples and im not saying any manager who owns the players mentioned above are upto no good!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,050 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

eh i dunno wrote: »
    89 basa and 90 kaka available. Will take cash or some younger players. Looking to freshen up my team

These two are still available. Might interest some new managers. Will decide on all bids later on. Think 15m is the best bid on kaka so far and 7m plus a 88 player is the best for basa.

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Heres a copy of the PM i sent all new managers today

Might be 1 or 2 things in there that lads didnt know so ill share with everyone. Please know that all players are only been used as examples and im not saying any manager who owns the players mentioned above are upto no good!!

I'm playing in this league since last august and I just learnt a new thing in the I above! Thanks Mac!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,488 ✭✭✭Ordinary man

I'm playing in this league since last august and I just learnt a new thing in the I above! Thanks Mac!

Just seen it now also:eek:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Players rise and drop based on real life so if you could buy any player in say the premier legue right now it’d be Harry Kane

smooth.gif

Ha, I just noticed that my recent signing from Udinese, Ibai Gomez, is now classified as my third best player! :D :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭Colemania

Ha, I just noticed that my recent signing from Udinese, Ibai Gomez, is now classified as my third best player! :D :pac:

You're welcome!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭Sooner or Later

As a total newbie I am rejecting all transfer offers at the moment until I can find my feet, so if you were one of the dozen or so offers in my inbox this morning don't be offended.

It was very instructive however on who everyone else regards as my best players!

As a total newbie I am rejecting all transfer offers at the moment until I can find my feet, so if you were one of the dozen or so offers in my inbox this morning don't be offended.

It was very instructive however on who everyone else regards as my best players!
    new myself and selling a load off. To many players who will never play Rather a small group of good ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭JamboMac

These player bids are just who would suit their team best, not necessarily your best players. If your Hamburg one thing I'd try and do is get rid of drogba for a younger striker. But that's more coz I hate drogba and never really rated him.

Good look to all newbies, hope you become oldies like the rest of us.;)

Lambert (F) Quick sale Highest bidder. Minimum sale price of 8 Million 89 rating
    Marco Storari (GK) quick sale to highest bidder Minimum sale price of 5 Million 88 rating

Need to generate some cash

Will sell to the highest bidder @ 6 pm Tomorrow
    Club:Palmeiras

Also will sell most other players. Worth a look.

Also lads i forget too tell ye, If ye have a player ye want too sell but no that no managers will be interested cuz hes a poor player (say 35 years old and 78 rated) then you Click on the player,,then actions, then transfer status and put them on the transfer list for there value and computer teams will bid on them after 24 hours! that will save you wages AND build your transfer kitty!! Any lads that are under 21 you can put in your youth team (not your first team) too help tidy things up if youd like too see how they devolp in years too come!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,488 ✭✭✭Ordinary man

Panathinaikos beat Cruzeiro 2 - 0 in their Division 3 fixture.
    Ryazantsev scored a goal and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.
    Joãozinho was also on the scoresheet for his side.

That's the good. The bad is another straight red card bang on 37 minutes, same as our last game. Tackling practise called for

• Registered Users Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭Colemania

2-1 loss to Bilbao for my first loss in 13 games :(

On another note, the 3 new managers in division 4 all won tonight. Well done lads!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭JamboMac

Happy with this, first of many wins I hope.

Paris Saint-Germain outclassed Manchester United and beat them 3 - 1 in their Division 1 fixture.
    Mandžukić had an impressive game and was voted Man of the Match.
    Ménez and Lavezzi were amongst the goalscorers.

Inter setting the pace for promoted teams.

• Advertisement

Oh well

FC Porto slumped to a 2 - 0 defeat to Real Madrid in their Division 1 fixture.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement