Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SoccerManager.com (#4) The Boards.ie World

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,050 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

1-0 win. First win of the season. Nani with the goal.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

Colemania wrote: »
    2-1 loss to Bilbao for my first loss in 13 games :(

On another note, the 3 new managers in division 4 all won tonight. Well done lads!

It had to end some time buddy, it was your own fault for playing Biglia - no way would he betray the manager who made him what he is today :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

The match ended 0 - 0 between Borussia Dortmund and Juventus in their Division 1 fixture.
    His keeper got MOTM

• Registered Users Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭Colemania

It had to end some time buddy, it was your own fault for playing Biglia - no way would he betray the manager who made him what he is today :pac:

TRAITOR!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,050 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

I've accepted an offer for basa. Didn't get what I wanted for kaka though so I'll keep him. I've an external offering 6.3m for congre. If anyone wants him you can have him for the same

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭TheGunns

JamboMac wrote: »
    Happy with this, first of many wins I hope.

Paris Saint-Germain outclassed Manchester United and beat them 3 - 1 in their Division 1 fixture.
    Mandžukić had an impressive game and was voted Man of the Match.
    Ménez and Lavezzi were amongst the goalscorers.

Inter setting the pace for promoted teams.

Ajax beat Barcelona 1 - 0 in their Division 1 fixture.
    Cillessen had an impressive game and was voted Man of the Match.
    Fischer was on the scoresheet for his side.

Three expert giant killers!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,472 ✭✭✭Comic Book Guy

Malaga's woeful start continues......

1 0 defeat to Wolfsburg (well done to newbie Franno!) meaning we are the only team across all 4 divisions yet to score :mad::(

The swear jar in my kitchen is full to the top!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭finnharpsboy

A 5-1 victory for me in my first game :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭Sooner or Later

2-1 defeat to Everton in my first game.

And they were down to ten men!

Teacups are currently flying in the dressing room :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,472 ✭✭✭Comic Book Guy

A 5-1 victory for me in my first game :)

What's your secret?!

• Advertisement

2-1 defeat to Everton in my first game.

And they were down to ten men!

Teacups are currently flying in the dressing room :(

If you've a lad named David for Christs sake don't kick a boot at him you'll be all over the papers tomorow!!!

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,221 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Hi folks, just joined up as manager of FC Twente in Division 2, having a look round the site trying to get to grips with things.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

3-3 with Chelsea but Lahm out for 5 weeks :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 966 ✭✭✭Mourinho

Mac you should make a sticky thread with all that advice your PM'ing, a sort of new mangers tips and advice thread!

Hi folks, just joined up as manager of FC Twente in Division 2, having a look round the site trying to get to grips with things.

Ive sent you some PM's with info on the game but if unsure about anything then ask here were all here too help......well most of us ha ha !!

Mourinho wrote: »
    Mac you should make a sticky thread with all that advice your PM'ing, a sort of new mangers tips and advice thread!

Will be doing that shortly, been awhile since this kinda influx of managers... great too see!!

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭thisyear

Steady if unspectacular start at Marseilles.... 1-0 happy days!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭Colemania

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Will be doing that shortly, been awhile since this kinda influx of managers... great too see!!

I've been talking to the palmeiras manager tonight as he had questions about the basics so make sure to add that stuff in too. Such as when games are on, what games affect fitness, players from unmanaged teams being on the transfer list but not available, friendlies don't generate income, how many teams promoted and relegated, and so on.

Biggest tip of the lot that most seem to have got now is.....DO NOT SELL YOU HIGHEST RATED PLAYERS FORCASH!! There's still one big deal that looks like going through unfortunately

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭bpb101

solid 2 -0 win on the first game . got a player to the sin bin but score before hand so i cant get to mad at him.

Pretty additive - Only found out about the game the other day but firefox says ive been on the site 198 times

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭modo85

Im so glad i voted no to buying from unmanaged teams, can you imagine all the new managers taken over a bunch of rejects

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭swoody

Mourinho wrote: »

em, there's already a sticky for newbies.

i'd post the link here but i'd be making it easy so go find it yourself. :P (it might need updating?!?)

76AYV0m.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

Colemania wrote: »
    I've been talking to the palmeiras manager tonight as he had questions about the basics so make sure to add that stuff in too. Such as when games are on, what games affect fitness, players from unmanaged teams being on the transfer list but not available, friendlies don't generate income, how many teams promoted and relegated, and so on.

Biggest tip of the lot that most seem to have got now is.....DO NOT SELL YOU HIGHEST RATED PLAYERS FORCASH!! There's still one big deal that looks like going through unfortunately

he offered me a player actually, I countered, he accepted but I'm in no way precious about the offer. I told him as much in the news feed. If he want to keep the lad there are no issues

modo85 wrote: »
    Im so glad i voted no to buying from unmanaged teams, can you imagine all the new managers taken over a bunch of rejects

That was the point thankfully!!

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    he offered me a player actually, I countered, he accepted but I'm in no way precious about the offer. I told him as much in the news feed. If he want to keep the lad there are no issues

No pressure GT but if he's new maybe it's best too cancell and let him find his feet and re visit it in a week or two and just ask for his word he won't sell else where?? This isn't a demand only a suggestion, as has been said here before we can't controll how people play the game we can only inform on how we think is best!!

bpb101 wrote: »
    solid 2 -0 win on the first game . got a player to the sin bin but score before hand so i cant get to mad at him.

Pretty additive - Only found out about the game the other day but firefox says ive been on the site 198 times

Addictive?? Oh you have NO idea just how addictive it'll become!! You'll be watching highlights of Japanese under 17 Divison 2 soccer matchs on ESPN 17 late some night and hear of some fela scoring 5 goals and your first thought will be too check the data base too see if he's on it too buy him no matter what time of the night it is!!!

swoody wrote: »
    em, there's already a sticky for newbies.

i'd post the link here but i'd be making it easy so go find it yourself. :P (it might need updating?!?)

This is swoody lads... The thread messer, gif poster, law bender,(as in he doesn't break them he just bends them, not the other use of the word) keep an eye on him!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭bpb101

Addictive?? Oh you have NO idea just how addictive it'll become!! You'll be watching highlights of Japanese under 17 Divison 2 soccer matchs on ESPN 17 late some night and hear of some fela scoring 5 goals and your first thought will be too check the data base too see if he's on it too buy him no matter what time of the night it is!!!
    ahahhahah

love it

also , did you find him

modo85 wrote: »

Either your using the back option on an android device or you are really trying to make the point :p

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭swoody

This is swoody lads... The thread messer, gif poster, law bender,(as in he doesn't break them he just bends them, not the other use of the word) keep an eye on him!

21d2f2194e7eb6925dac5a428cc518d4398b850316887505b740e8bd0e8ffdd2.jpg

• Advertisement

No pressure GT but if he's new maybe it's best too cancell and let him find his feet and re visit it in a week or two and just ask for his word he won't sell else where?? This isn't a demand only a suggestion, as has been said here before we can't controll how people play the game we can only inform on how we think is best!!

I've decided to do the following:

AS commented on the news feed
    I'm gonna pull out of that deal. If ur selling 2 get u out of a financial hole ... DONT. when results pick up, so do crowds. A 1/2 decent cup run with a few home games will gain u $$ too.

Ur probably better served getting rid of 30+ers that are rated 86-87 than a 23yr old of the same rating. If the reasoning is other than you being a few 1000's in the red then re-offer and we can do the deal orig agreed on.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement