Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SoccerManager.com (#4) The Boards.ie World

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

modo85 wrote: »
    Im so glad i voted no to buying from unmanaged teams, can you imagine all the new managers taken over a bunch of rejects

I'm sure the managers that left due to the I active market in the meantime appreciate your efforts

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭bpb101

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    I've decided to do the following:

AS commented on the news feed

hahah , just noticed them comments now.

yeah lads, ive canceled all transfers and not selling anything

Thanks lads for all the help

still new to the game

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,221 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Having had a look around the site and read through stuff, I plan to do very little in terms of transfers until I've played a few games :pac:

I've played a good bit of championship/football manager in the past, how do player ratings work in this? Is it a matter of picking the highest ranking players and playing them in the right positions, or is it more subtle in terms of certain players having strengths that others don't? I notice it's linked with some sort of wiki site that lists player specialities (eg creativity, corners, free kicks, leadership etc) Do these translate into the game?

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

The match ended 2 - 2 between Estudiantes de LP and AZ in their Division 3 fixture.
    Mounier scored both of the goals for Estudiantes de LP and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

Our unbeaten status remains, but unfortunately our descent begins as we slip to third!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭swoody

i've put zabaleta on the transfer list. this doesnt mean i'm selling, but i'd like to see what's out there and maybe come the end of the season i can strike a deal with a prospective buyer. ideally a right back and whatever is what i want.

giphy.gif

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Having had a look around the site and read through stuff, I plan to do very little in terms of transfers until I've played a few games :pac:

I've played a good bit of championship/football manager in the past, how do player ratings work in this? Is it a matter of picking the highest ranking players and playing them in the right positions, or is it more subtle in terms of certain players having strengths that others don't? I notice it's linked with some sort of wiki site that lists player specialities (eg creativity, corners, free kicks, leadership etc) Do these translate into the team?

The player ratings are based on real life. So, if you get wind of top clubs being interested in a player plying his trade in the lower leagues, you could sign him up on the cheap in the hope that if he does make a big move to that top club, his rating will rise accordingly. That said, he would also have to be a success at that club to get his rating up to a level that you could actually use in your team. Otherwise, he just becomes an investment that you can make a profit on.

Regarding specific player values, I'd also like an answer on this. Any time I click on the "sokkerwiki" link below the player image to get the attributes, all I get is the soccer wiki page of the player with green boxes labelled for each attribute, but no numbers for any of them. I'd like to know what I'm doing wrong, or is this what everyone else is getting!! :o:o:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Fire in bids there for Musa anyone who is interested, will probably let him go during the week. Preferably a decent 86/87 and some cash

• Registered Users Posts: 3,472 ✭✭✭Comic Book Guy

Amazing how smashing an inanimate object to bits can ease a blind rage, anyway I should get a good deal on kitchen chairs in IKEA!

Seeing as im the only club yet to find back of the net im setting up a charity drive for sympathetic fellow managers to make donations. Simply text "Goals for Malaga" to 57000.

All donations gratefully received!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

KERSPLAT! wrote: »
    Fire in bids there for Musa anyone who is interested, will probably let him go during the week. Preferably a decent 86/87 and some cash

:eek:

You teasing us or is this for real this time? ;)

lol your not gunna sell, you lier.

• Advertisement

:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,488 ✭✭✭Ordinary man

Amazing how smashing an inanimate object to bits can ease a blind rage, anyway I should get a good deal on kitchen chairs in IKEA!

Seeing as im the only club yet to find back of the net im setting up a charity drive for sympathetic fellow managers to make donations. Simply text "Goals for Malaga" to 57000.

All donations gratefully received!

I think you've given the others enough of a head start. You only want it to seem more impressive when you start destroying teams.Playing possum i think it's called. Man city, lazio and others are at it as well so the rest of us aren't falling for it:P

I think you've given the others enough of a head start. You only want it to seem more impressive when you start destroying teams.Playing possum i think it's called. Man city, lazio and others are at it as well so the rest of us aren't falling for it:P

Yes... Why yes...

That's eh..... Exactly what I'm doing!!!! lol!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭mackeire

I see Sunderland have a cash bid accepted for one of Portsmouths top players. Tut tut tut

mackeire wrote: »
    I see Sunderland have a cash bid accepted for one of Portsmouths top players. Tut tut tut

I'm spiethless :D :cool: :pac:

masters pun, i'll get my coat.......

• Registered Users Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭finnharpsboy

What's your secret?!

Beginners luck I would say

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭JamboMac

Bayern youth coming to Paris

Transfer MessageThe offer for Free Agent Matthias STROHMAIER from Paris Saint-Germain has been accepted. The transfer will be completed within the next 24 hours.
    Delete

Who's up for taking on the San Marino challenge? I'm already facing Sunderland on Wednesday.

Wilberto wrote: »
    Who's up for taking on the San Marino challenge? I'm already facing Sunderland on Wednesday.

San marino challenge?

Now that a club has repeated the buying one of the better players at a newbie club for cash/poor p/x routine ... will people that vowed not to do business with one of the 2 teams to do so the last time now also publicly announce they nolonger wish to do business with the 'other' team?

Just wondering is all.

• Advertisement

Who needs Europe ... :rolleyes:

FC Porto slumped to a 2 - 1 defeat to Celta Vigo in their SMFA Shield Group F fixture.
    Balotelli scored the only goal for FC Porto and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

Now that a club has repeated the buying one of the better players at a newbie club for cash/poor p/x routine ... will people that vowed not to do business with one of the 2 teams to do so the last time now also publicly announce they nolonger wish to do business with the 'other' team?

Just wondering is all.

If that's directed at me, I already said last time I wouldn't do business with either of the two again

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,221 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

I'm instantly suspicious of all offers I'm getting as a newbie manager :p

One actually seems decent, but I'll probably reject it out of caution :p

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

If that's directed at me, I already said last time I wouldn't do business with either of the two again

Not aimed at you.

Respect your decision for using the same standards for both.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,141 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

Just wondering is all.

My door is always open for the likes of Sunderland, he was a nice guy who was hounded off these boards. I have no doubt the Portmsouth manager fell for his charm.

Still a good guy for me.

Just wondering is all.

Interesting point, I see nothing that was even close to the abuse I received this time round but then again I suspected as much.....

Hey I've no problem whatsoever with any club that wants to cross me off their list for future transfer business, far as I remember the clubs that said they would never deal with me were..

Bayern
    rangers
    Barca
    real

So please if I've forgotten anyone let me know..

But you know what I do find terribly interesting also, some of the clubs that went were to the fore of giving out about not taking advantage of new managers have placed bids for players of the most recently appointed managers...

So, as long as the bid is not accepted its acceptable behaviour is it???

Either way, there is no denying the hypocrisy of the situation even though some will try....

Anyhow, feel free to let me know if your done doing business with me, it's handy to have a note of these things when the worm turns

Interesting point, I see nothing that was even close to the abuse I received this time round but then again I suspected as much.....

Hey I've no problem whatsoever with any club that wants to cross me off their list for future transfer business, far as I remember the clubs that said they would never deal with me were..

Bayern
    rangers
    Barca
    real

But you know what I do find terribly interesting also, some of the clubs that went were to the fore of giving out about not taking advantage of new managers have placed bids for players of the most recently appointed managers...

Either way, there is no denying the hypocrisy of the situation even though some will try....

Anyhow, feel free to let me know if your done doing business with me, it's handy to have a note of these things when the worm turns

I was sure I made the list,

Can you put me at the top please?

My door is always open for the likes of Sunderland, he was a nice guy who was hounded off these boards. I have no doubt the Portmsouth manager fell for his charm.

Still a good guy for me.

Course I will, for a hypocrite like yourself I'll accommodate that!

I did the same as Sunderland but he did it twice, he survives your wrath buy I don't! Lol!!!

Who do you manage again? Put ya right at the top!

As a Belgian, I end up on list I cant get back off and cant get onto the lists I wanna get on.

So I'm gonna start my own list ...

The I'll_trade_good'uns_for_younger_good'uns - List ....

Who's with me!

• Advertisement

Sporting
    Bayern
    rangers
    Barca
    real

Course I will, for a hypocrite like yourself I'll accommodate that!

I did the same as Sunderland but he did it twice, he survives your wrath buy I don't! Lol!!!

Who do you manage again? Put ya right at the top!

It is ok I have done it myself now, don't worry about it.

Maybe if people feel so strongly about it we should fire up the monitoring on/off debate again come the end of this season.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement