Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SoccerManager.com (#4) The Boards.ie World

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

Its is a D1 gig tho

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭swoody

this place is gunna explode when mac heads off on his customary 2 week benefits holiday to magaluf or santa ponsa :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

swoody wrote: »
    this place is gunna explode when mac heads off on his customary 2 week benefits holiday to magaluf or santa ponsa :pac:

Excuse your cheek I've 2 fecking jobs!!

And sometimes looking after this place feels like a 3rd job!

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Excuse your cheek I've 2 fecking jobs!!

sure...... :rolleyes:

so when are you off to those shítholes? :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

Colemania wrote: »
    Very old squad and maybe only 2 players that could be traded to get similar or better players.

In saying that, they might be an option for a lot of managers who have no real future plan with their squad or are stagnating. I for one would have applied for this job when I was with Palmeiras but luckily Udinese were free and had a lot of potential. Couldn't see myself leaving now to be honest unless half my players get rating decreases.........

Best person to take them over would be an AC fan, .

<snip>

Best person to take them over would be an AC fan, ....

Do you really think that's acceptable??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭mackeire

Best person to take them over would be an AC fan, <snip>

Won't be applying now!

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Do you really think that's acceptable??

Not sure if I can respond.... It's a direct question towards me but then again we were told not to quote mods and question them on thread....

Can you be more specific?

Not sure if I can respond.... It's a direct question towards me but then again we were told not to quote mods and question them on thread....

Can you be more specific?

sorry I'll answer my own question.NO it isn't and don't do it again

• Advertisement

Yikes!! And with that beat swiftly change the subject......

Is it just me or have there been some shockin transfers lately and thinking more about it it seems to be the same managers getting caught eh?

Now I know transfers are by in large subjective and some think they are getting great deals but to consistently get the short end of the stick must be disheartening....... Eh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Some managers are definitely getting ripped off

KERSPLAT! wrote: »
    Some managers are definitely getting ripped off

You said it!!

You said it!!

Yes I did!

Yes I did!

True... True....

Anyway, to try get this thread back on track.

I've loan-listed a few players if any D3-D4 or new mangers are interested

• Registered Users Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

Yeah so the getting full on Sunday night plan didnt go so well....

Beaten by Ajax, but bounced back with a 3-0 win in the CL last night...

Am i missing wazza???

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    Whilst I think in this case you are right, It think it might be worth reviewing the rule ...

in that once someone shortlist a player, that should mean he cant be openly discussed.

Some team might have found a gem and is either waiting for a TB to end or for him to get cash together to buy him, it would be harsh on the manager to have the player mentioned here if he had been sitting on the info for 2-3 or more weeks.

So boards posters / mods are we interested in changing the guideline from 'when a manager has a bid on a player, he cant be discussed' to the suggested in the quote?

So boards posters / mods are we interested in changing the guideline from 'when a manager has a bid on a player, he cant be discussed' to the suggested in the quote?

I definitely don't agree, sure I could just short list every player and no one can discuss them?

The fact that boards mods have no control over posts in game mean they can be discussed there anyway.

I don't really discuss prospects myself but this is unworkable IMO.

I definitely don't agree, sure I could just short list every player and no one can discuss them?

The fact that boards mods have no control over posts in game mean they can be discussed there anyway.

then why have rules in place here at all?

• Advertisement

I agree with this statement

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Kersplat does make a good point though. There's no way of me stopping anyone from mentioning top prospects over on SM. I mean, the rule on here should, and will, still stand, but there is a clear and obvious way around it that no mods can do anything about.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,141 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

Players are not normally discussed much in here in that sense, not normally until the bids have been accepted anyway.

Banning talk of a player because he is shortlisted is a bit over the top. The way it is now is fine I think. Although why someone would want to talk about it is beyond me too.

Some things can be controlled, this can be controlled on boards but not on SM. The lads can't card me for something I say on the SM forums/GW posts.

Anyway, as I said, i think it's unworkable because anyone could just keep short listing all the new players or even all the players!!

Or for example, someone short lists Reus and Aguero so no one can speak of them again? Would that be the rule?

I'm not trying to be difficult I just don't think your looking at all the angles.

What exactly would the rule be?

Some things can be controlled, this can be controlled on boards but not on SM. The lads can't card me for something I say on the SM forums/GW posts.

Your right, I know this as I've asked can the news feed comments not be held accountable to members here but I was told no..

Some have been using the newsfeed as of late for less than what it was intended, and, well, since its not regulated then they have free reign....

Which, if you think about it is feckin brilliant!!!!

Your right, I know this as I've asked can the news feed comments not be held accountable to members here but I was told no..

Some have been using the newsfeed as of late for less than what it was intended, and, well, since its not regulated then they have free reign....

Which, if you think about it is feckin brilliant!!!!

I wouldn't be so sure :)

I wouldn't be so sure :)

Well I suppose if I ask a question and was given an answer by the powers that be which turned out to be false by someone around here would I really be surprised, not really.....

if only reus had chosen the right path.....

crying-dawson.gif

Anyway, as I said, i think it's unworkable because anyone could just keep short listing all the new players or even all the players!!

Or for example, someone short lists Reus and Aguero so no one can speak of them again? Would that be the rule?

I'm not trying to be difficult I just don't think your looking at all the angles.

What exactly would the rule be?

not wanting to pick n you but this is a little pedantic...

The initial rule is mainly in place for players at externals or newly added to the db.

It was to prevent 1 manager having a bid on a little gem, someone spotting it and posting in here hence causing 10 other bids.

The likes of an aguerro or Hazard would most likely be announced as available if they were OR a deal would have been agreed on chat before people even realised what just happened when the bid is lodged and accepted.

If changing the rule to shortlisted players at externals or newly added to the db is unmanageable then the current rule is equally unmanageable, yet I dont remember to many occurrences of it getting breached on here.

• Advertisement

As I said, what exactly will the rule be?

It would have to be properly defined and again, they can still be discussed on SM itself.

Don't get me wrong, the idea is good. Managers losing out because someone blabs is a pain, I just can't see how it will work, that's not to say it can't though :)

I'll leave it at that, I just wanted to voice my opinion with regard to it not being feasible IMO

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement